PDA

View Full Version : fun sorceress build?

thessarill
12-29-2015, 08:25 AM
Hey guys, when I was working today, i thought about a sorc build that could be fun

gear:

head: veil of steel or pumpkin caster with IAS enchant + fire jewels
armor: arkaine or knarst with IAS enchant + fire jewels.
boots death advance max fire and max cold, with ias enchant.
belt: scourgelord or tyraels.
gloves: purifying
amulet: rising sun
rings: cons rings.
shield: malevolent with ias enchant
weapon: destruction with ias enchant.

The ias enchant can be replace with DS or CB.

build: enchant + warmth+fire mastery+cold mastery+ teleport + an ice shield (all fire skill max, the rest in armor)

dex: max block
energy: none
vita: all left.

The idea is to play with the destruction procs lvl 50 meteor and blizzard. With high attack speed.
Could be fun, maybe not very efficient.
Surely expensive to do.

Lucid
01-04-2016, 03:37 PM
Hey mate :)

i thought about a meleesorc as my seasonal main character. I havent done it yet but my thoughts gone in the same direction. Either using the procs of destruction and skilling the synergies to push a lot of dps (even if im not sure how much "a lot" would be in this case) and combining this with malevolent shield.

Another try, now since patch 3.1 is out would be a dream + dream + horadrim amulet = lvl 45 holy shock with lightning mastery and an infinity merc. But again im not quite sure how long your merc whould survive since he would be important...

Also i thought about maxing coldmastery, go for a fast ias bp and just using frostmourne and its sindragosaprocc. Coldimmunes would be a problem then.

Overall i also was kinda planning to get the werebear into this all. It would use your second slot, so no cta. But a bear would give you higher ias bp`s (but little to no effectiveness for normal ias here, only weapon ias) .it also gives +%life (so nn cta)

Im still very interested in the damage- and toughnessnumbers :) if you finally got one working pls post it ^^

Psilocybin
01-24-2016, 09:15 AM
Hey,

I think theres no use for much IAS beacuse of blizz & meteor castdelay.

acyroma
01-24-2016, 12:13 PM
Certain skills ignore the internal skill cooldown. Whirlwind, for example, but I'm not too sure if there's many more.

thessarill
01-24-2016, 10:00 PM
does the melee activation of blizz and meteor still use the skill countdown?
anyway, i havent tried this yet as i'm fully playin my pal, but i could give a try to nephalem + thunderfury + malevolent.
i already do like 80k + with my pal, but maybe it could be even stronger with the thunder mastery oO