PDA

View Full Version : Shuriken Flip Ias Breakpoints

PSyren
12-30-2015, 06:20 PM
Does any one know the ias breakpoints for shuri flip ?

PSyren
01-01-2016, 12:35 AM
pls gib ?

Game
01-01-2016, 12:42 AM
I don't think anybody has these, because I am not sure they exist. As far as I know the speed of the attack stays the same regardless of ias / fcr, but I could be wrong. If you can verify the speed does infact change just let me know and I will see if I can pull the BPs from the game.

rrra
04-24-2016, 11:52 PM
I don't think anybody has these, because I am not sure they exist. As far as I know the speed of the attack stays the same regardless of ias / fcr, but I could be wrong. If you can verify the speed does infact change just let me know and I will see if I can pull the BPs from the game.

I know I am necroing this thread, but I was just doing some testing and shuriken flip appears to have ias breakpoints. The amount of time it takes to deplete my mana bar varies depending on whether I am using fade or burst of speed. Game If it is possible to determine the breakpoints for shuriken flip, I would greatly appreciate it.

Here are a bunch more questions for anyone who has tested this at all.
1. I recall that deadly strike, open wounds, and crushing blow work with shuriken flip, but what about %enhanced damage and critical strike, (claw mastery) and +damage? (Heart of the shadow, grief, etc)

2. Since its a trap, should I assume that -physical resist from both bk rings and amplify damage doesnt work and that the only way to increase its damage is by %trap enchants?

3. I know that life-tap works with this, but what about life/mana leech and life on hit? I guess the broader question is which on-hit effects work with this skill and which don't.

Thats all I have for now.

Game
04-25-2016, 12:11 AM
I know I am necroing this thread, but I was just doing some testing and shuriken flip appears to have ias breakpoints. The amount of time it takes to deplete my mana bar varies depending on whether I am using fade or burst of speed. Game If it is possible to determine the breakpoints for shuriken flip, I would greatly appreciate it.

Here are a bunch more questions for anyone who has tested this at all.
1. I recall that deadly strike, open wounds, and crushing blow work with shuriken flip, but what about %enhanced damage and critical strike, (claw mastery) and +damage? (Heart of the shadow, grief, etc)

2. Since its a trap, should I assume that -physical resist from both bk rings and amplify damage doesnt work and that the only way to increase its damage is by %trap enchants?

3. I know that life-tap works with this, but what about life/mana leech and life on hit? I guess the broader question is which on-hit effects work with this skill and which don't.

Thats all I have for now.

I really have no way to get IAS BPs for it, sorry :( I can tell you this though, they do NOT count as traps. They count as a physical attack. Any skill that scales from weapon damage will benefit from anything that affects normal attacks, so that means amplify damage, -physical resist, deadly, open wounds, +damage, everything. Anything that will buff your normal attack will work on Shuriken Flip.

caca
04-25-2016, 01:56 AM
hi!
i really wanted to make a pure shuriken cow farmer, so i did some test about it... as far as i tested yeahh its counted as physical, Dealdly strike seems to work so does poison dmg from skills, charms, and life leech(i tested with some life/hit and it seems that attacks from "trap" is really fast because it heals a lot with really few L/H) and stuff :)
i saw that attack speed seems to change attack, but well could be really nice to have an idea about the break points. +dmg charms seem to had dmg too but... well it is D2 so its really hard to see how the dmg really work just by looking char windows, since it only show flat dmg.
hope we ll have more information about this skill one day :D, but isnt that skill based on another skill forom assa?
PS: btw is it the same for maelstrom ? or do we have ias Breakpoint table ? :) thanks!

rrra
04-25-2016, 07:09 PM
I really wished this autosaved drafts damn it. Starting over thanks to a glitch with the insert image button crashing.

Here are the results from further testing I have done.

1. Each shuriken flip releases 3 shurikens per attack cycle. However, in some cases it only releases 2. My testing indicates that this phenomenon is not a function of skill level or attack speed. So I am not sure what causes it. Each shuriken leaves a cone in its wake that may or may not deal damage.

2. The fastest attack speed breakpoint as far as I can tell is achieved both with a suwayahh with 120 ias and runic talons with 95 ias given a level 19 burst of speed. (52 oias) A runic with 145 ias and 27 oias appears to be right around the last breakpoint. I cant tell for sure. A suwayyah 170 ias and 27 oias is also right around the final breakpoint.

3. As you can see in the picture below, the damage of shuriken flip is calculated by adding the shuriken flip skill damage to the weapon damage. So any damage that is applied to your weapon is also added to your shuriken flip. So I think +damage, %enhanced damage, and damage from auras should all be added to your total shuriken flip damage.
Deadly/critical strike is applied last so I think it doubles the damage of (total weapon damage+shuriken flip base damage.) I need to confirm that though.
http://i.imgur.com/tRfYtut.png

4. A build maximizing the weapon damage +venom damage seems to have the potential to be pretty strong. (max blade shield, shuriken flip, venom, claw mastery and shadow master/warrior or fade, plaguebringer is probably the best weapon for such a build) I may test this further.

Lucid
04-26-2016, 10:07 AM
it doesnt proc the ctc amp. damage, or?

Mephisto
04-26-2016, 10:13 AM
it doesnt proc the ctc amp. damage, or?

It does making '' Heart of the Shadow '' a nice weapon option

Lucid
04-26-2016, 10:15 AM
ty for info :) well then... this build could be hardcore viable too.

it doesnt need AR as it seems :P funny skill then.

caca
04-26-2016, 01:47 PM
funny but... since it need good dmg weapon HOTS isn't that good, the CB/DS/proc are really AWESOME... but no ed... so nice for smiter, or kicker but not that goood for flip imo.
for survivability ias and life/h seems to be a nice thing. Still depends what you mean by viable, and for which runs . It can be really tanky for sure but dmg is another thing. i did several tests, without enchanting of course didnt wanted to invest in a fun char, (i dont even got full enchant in my only/main char).