PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Items, Guy admitted stealing it, Anything i can do?

Williams
01-13-2016, 11:09 PM
Made a simple game 3/3 to xfer 2 blue org sets and some uniques guy randomly joins and takes everything off ground. Anything I can about this pretty shitty move for this person IMO. S/S with convo

http://imgur.com/Onm73lP

Sarieavo
01-13-2016, 11:50 PM
I didn't steal anything. I tried to make a game 4//4, standard game name with a matching password. Instead, I ended up joining a game with a bunch of stuff on the ground. Bunch of brown cow organs, some blue ones, a few average uniques. Not at all uncommon to find in a game. So I picked up some them and I got yelled at for stealing. I told them that if they could tell me what I did that was against the rules, that they should tell me and I'd return the items. I have all the chat logs. If going into a random game and picking up items that were left on the ground is against the rules, let me know now. I still have the items and I'll return them.

Finally, even after all the talking and getting yelled at by these boys, I'm not entirely sure it was even their stuff. Very easy for them to claim that it was theirs even if they did the same thing I did and joined the game by mistake. 4//4 is an extremely common game name, after all.

Williams
01-14-2016, 12:40 AM
I didn't steal anything. I tried to make a game 4//4, standard game name with a matching password. Instead, I ended up joining a game with a bunch of stuff on the ground. Bunch of brown cow organs, some blue ones, a few average uniques. Not at all uncommon to find in a game. So I picked up some them and I got yelled at for stealing. I told them that if they could tell me what I did that was against the rules, that they should tell me and I'd return the items. I have all the chat logs. If going into a random game and picking up items that were left on the ground is against the rules, let me know now. I still have the items and I'll return them.

Finally, even after all the talking and getting yelled at by these boys, I'm not entirely sure it was even their stuff. Very easy for them to claim that it was theirs even if they did the same thing I did and joined the game by mistake. 4//4 is an extremely common game name, after all.
Scamming / theft / ruining the experience of other players is not allowed.
- Stealing, tricking, and taking advantage of others is completely unacceptable. We want to focus on making our community an enjoyable place, we will not tolerate ruining others experience here. If you are reporting someone for scamming, please take as many screenshots as possible for proof and post it in the appropriate forum.

EDIT: It wasnt a random game, it was a private game that you werent invited to.

Game
01-14-2016, 01:33 AM
If this was a public game Sarieavo your side of the situation would make a little more sense as I have told people time and time again do not drop things on the ground in a public game, but the fact this was indeed a private game should be somewhat common sense that someone was transferring some items. I am going to have to ask for you to return everything, please cooperate so we can wrap this up without anymore arguing!

sine25
01-14-2016, 06:28 AM
blue organs are not common and by the sheer fact of the name neither are uniques. most of us here wont even touch things on the ground in a public game unless asking first. always polite to ask first.

Sarieavo
01-14-2016, 07:35 AM
Unique items are everywhere even in hell cow runs, not to mention inferno and above. There are literally piles of them in town all the time. Blue organs are a little more rare but rich players don't care much about them at all considering you can get 2-3 sets of them for 1 HR and since there were brown organs mixed into the pile which are almost always left on the ground, it was very reasonable for me to assume it was someones junk pile.

I've been playing for about a week now, maybe two, I'm not sure and in that time, most of which was spent in public games, I've literally never seen someone ask to pick something up that was literally just sitting in town. It's common practice in Bnet and seemingly here that if you throw it on the ground, you don't want it. If you cared, you would trade it. That's why the trading system exists.

Game
01-14-2016, 07:44 AM
Unique items are everywhere even in hell cow runs, not to mention inferno and above. There are literally piles of them in town all the time. Blue organs are a little more rare but rich players don't care much about them at all considering you can get 2-3 sets of them for 1 HR and since there were brown organs mixed into the pile which are almost always left on the ground, it was very reasonable for me to assume it was someones junk pile.

I've been playing for about a week now, maybe two, I'm not sure and in that time, most of which was spent in public games, I've literally never seen someone ask to pick something up that was literally just sitting in town. It's common practice in Bnet and seemingly here that if you throw it on the ground, you don't want it. If you cared, you would trade it. That's why the trading system exists.

The beauty of a private server is we are NOT battle.net, and we pride ourselves on our community here. I appreciate you playing here more than you can imagine but I'd like to keep everyone as friendly as possible, please give his items back.

Mephisto
01-14-2016, 07:56 AM
Picking up items in a private game, without asking the owner of the one who made the game is stealing in my eyes. I'll hope you give the items back as well.

Frigide
01-14-2016, 08:16 AM
If you enter a private game, and see items on the ground, just assume it's someone who's muling or transing.
Remember we MULE items, so its not for ppl to enter in private games and take all stuff on ground while we are getting the mule in game.
Trading system is for TRADING not muling dude. I dont think anyone would "trade" with mules so it prevents what happened to the both of you .....

Eric
01-14-2016, 09:15 AM
It would be best just to assume any private game that you happen to join to not pick up any items on the ground without asking, this is kinda what we live by here. As these guys said in the s/s of your convo, we are a very community based server, so we pride ourselves in getting along with other players. Your side of the story is very understandable, but as Game said, we are NOT battle.net.

sine25
01-14-2016, 09:16 AM

no reason to argue with your opinion; like everyone is trying to point out-it was a private room and we pride ourselves on this server to setting an example, but it is funny to note that even after you state that you will give the items back, if told to by admins, you still continue to argue your point.

sine25
01-14-2016, 09:21 AM
as far as items on the ground ive been in rooms trading with meph with several others in the room trading with him and others and no one has ever tried to pick up an item someone has dropped for another, just my experience here

Sarieavo
01-14-2016, 10:29 AM
I can't help but point out here that despite all the talk of being friendly and trying to be community based which I completely support, these two guys were very abusive to me even as I was asking them simply to tell me how it was against the rules so that if it indeed was, I could avoid doing so in the future. instead I got told things like "damn u dumb" and "cant wait till you get banned" as well as, "hope you spent money on this game" missing grammar and all, those are direct quotes of a small number of the things said by Matter and Random-SHEET respectively. The etiquette of these private servers isn't exactly spelled out anywhere but instead of a simple explanation, these players who you claim as part of your community chose to chastise and insult instead of a simple explanation when I literally told them that if they showed me where it was against the rules, I would give them their items back but instead, again, I was met with insults so I didn't give them back. Not to say that I won't, if the staff insists, I will do so but it seems to draw into question the standards that I'm apparently being held and they, seemingly, are not.

Williams
01-14-2016, 11:26 AM
I can't help but point out here that despite all the talk of being friendly and trying to be community based which I completely support, these two guys were very abusive to me even as I was asking them simply to tell me how it was against the rules so that if it indeed was, I could avoid doing so in the future. instead I got told things like "damn u dumb" and "cant wait till you get banned" as well as, "hope you spent money on this game" missing grammar and all, those are direct quotes of a small number of the things said by Matter and Random-SHEET respectively. The etiquette of these private servers isn't exactly spelled out anywhere but instead of a simple explanation, these players who you claim as part of your community chose to chastise and insult instead of a simple explanation when I literally told them that if they showed me where it was against the rules, I would give them their items back but instead, again, I was met with insults so I didn't give them back. Not to say that I won't, if the staff insists, I will do so but it seems to draw into question the standards that I'm apparently being held and they, seemingly, are not.

You honestly deserve to get banned for doing this. I don't get how you can justify that it's okay to join a private game and think it isn't wrong to take somebody items laying on the ground and not give them back when asked.

If you want to be treated with respect then don't steal from others.

sine25
01-14-2016, 01:09 PM
it is in the server rules but once again you state that if staff insists you will give the items back which one did when this thread started, that should have been the end of this thread. have a nice day all see you in game

acyroma
01-14-2016, 02:06 PM

I'm quite certain that if you had given the items back at the very beginning when they asked you to, like common sense and the rules dictate, then they would not have been rude to you in the slightest. It's quite natural to expect comments like this when people think you stole items from them. Expecting or assuming otherwise is pretty silly.

Have the items been returned yet?

StenchTrench
01-14-2016, 02:10 PM
On a side note...why the HELL would you drop anything on the ground in the first place when you can just run multiple instances of d2 with one cd-key on this server and trade them to your mules?

acyroma
01-14-2016, 02:14 PM
On a side note...why the HELL would you drop anything on the ground in the first place when you can just run multiple instances of d2 with one cd-key on this server and trade them to your mules?

That's true but it doesn't excuse the behavior of sarieavo.

Williams
01-14-2016, 02:43 PM

dropped them for friend, he was alt tabbed out looking at forums.

Items have not been returned.

sine25
01-14-2016, 02:53 PM
remember all - you are in charge of your own behavior. because another becomes rude does not allow you to also be rude.

Game
01-14-2016, 04:52 PM

Like acyroma said, when you break the rules and people see it as you stealing from them, of course expect to be met with hostility. If you were truly doing nothing wrong and were getting comments like this, it would be up to you to report it us, even in a PM to stay anonymous. That way we could take care of it and keep the community clean like we expect it and claim for it to be.

Dante
01-14-2016, 05:40 PM
If I join a private game in bnet, seeing someone muling or just standing there with stuff on ground and I would pick it up, it would be theft for me and I would feel myself as a thief. Bnet may allow this because of the non existent nettiquette there, we wont. Because it's a private game after all, it's super obvious for everyone to not pick things up without asking. How can it be not obvious to you? You don't seem like a naive person to me, so come on, you are not playing fair here and you know it.

In the end, it's not about the items in this case, you know we can refund them easily, it's about the behavior. You are punishing yourself with it and I don't know for what reason. I'd suggest you apologize for what you did, give the guy the stuff back, stop the unnecessary talk that is obviously on infant level and just go on.

You didn't know, it's OK, take what we tell you and we can forget about it, thanks.

thessarill
01-14-2016, 11:19 PM
I remember one day i created an e/e game, then alt tab to join with another char. But there already have a e/e game. I entered a game transferring with gae bolg, frostfire, cow queen parts etc ... Even if it was awesome stuff, i didnt took anything caus if it was my items, i would really be sick if a random came to my game and took any of my stuff.
And thats a point, before rules or anything : don't do to people something you don't want to happen to you.

This may be common stuff for you. But for them i may be something they took time to get.

caca
01-15-2016, 04:17 AM
Sarieavo... what a Ban manner... we said we ll make 50/50 with the stolen stuff and you gave me NOTHING !!! i ll report you for that ! :p
[Troll mod off]
i must admit that such a behavior stealing each other, bad talking must be banned from this community. We are few, we need to play with each other, help each other.
There is absolutly NO EXCUSE for stealing stuff in a way... but let me tell you a story about this server:

Once apon a time... Princess Caca joined a game with a weirdy name (like not cow/baal or trade style), she was bored this nigh and decide to join this public game to see what was happening there.
So she joined thinking finding people to talk with or a prince that could marry her or somthing...
Princess joined the game and see 2 people talking about stuff and other interesting shit. Prcs is shy but want to meet the people here and go for an "hi there" with here soooo beautiful smile "=)". Since she is shy, she waits for an answer because the 2 guys seem to be in a important discussion and she doesnt want to bother them. So she looks at her feet, waiting for an answer and there she saw that there were a lot of stuff on the ground, since she is curious and doesnt know every thing on annihilus kingdom, she decided to grab some thing from the ground she didnt know to watch the new lines and stuff... Not even a second after she took the object from the ground she heard some body yelling at Her " OMG GIB BACK THIS PRINCESSS !".
Princess was sad because she though "those guys were anyway suspicious enought to watch me around their items, but they didnt even took time to say hello... :'(", but to be honest the first thing she really thought was: " What ? Ok son of noob first thing is "HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIi" ok ? then maybe if you learn how to be polite i will not put this bloody stuff i dont fucking care about because i dont play in a private server to rob people, but to meet nice people to play with , fakin BM child!!!"
But of course she didnt say such a thing, she just said "oh , sorry i m kind of curious i just wanted to watch, what was the stuff".
"
Princess says: Bye!
Princess left our world
"
If some one is courageous enough to read the whole story, he/she will understand that what i wanted to say is that people from the community could just help new people from the server, or just make them understand that they are welcome and that this is a community. Of course we are all there to play a video Game, and we all wana farm and so on, but sometimes a "hello" that coast actually nothing is welcome. So yeah maybe if some one that have troll tendencies comes into our community and feels like rejected by old players because they don't care or else, it can actually be like an aggression, and maybe this guys will tend more easily to act like an idiot.

So... just saying :D, of course i will give absolutely no excuses for stealing some one else here... specially if he doesn't share the 50% OMFG !!!! "OMG SCREEN BAN"
See you soon in game guys:)

PS: ok i know my english is Horrible, just hope you'll understand at least the idea.

xinfectedzz
01-15-2016, 06:12 AM
tbh can you close this thread now when he gave it back ? everyone is saying the same over and over again, game said he should give it back and its and of topic -.-

Lampogriz
01-15-2016, 06:18 AM
lol what a drama!

LordManhammer
01-18-2016, 11:34 AM
I've actually had something similar happen to me whilst doing inferno cow runs in private games. The thought had never even crossed my mind that someone would be scrolling through the list of games and attempting to guess the passwords. The guy that joined my game sent me a party request and got irate when I didn't respond instantly. I don't get offended easily so I just shrugged it off and started using a more complex password. You really have to wonder what people like that are hoping to accomplish. All I can figure is that they are looking for people to steal from. It may seem like stupid video game drama but we really should ban people who do shady stuff like this. It leaves a bad taste in your mouth and can drive away new players.

champion
01-23-2016, 08:42 AM
ban and /chpass will deal the problem