PDA

View Full Version : Problems with new Update

XaxiOn
01-14-2016, 06:29 PM
Hey guys,

To make this fast heres whats going on.

I dl'ed new update into my copied d2 folder.
Went to try and launch anni and I get a unhandled error.

I tried to reinstall update and restart computer, didn't work.

Help plz. I'd like to play :)

PSyren
01-14-2016, 06:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IVC4Uwop3s

Follow that video to figure out how to do a DEP exception.

Once you figure out what to do. Add these three things as an exception

The Annihilus Launcer you use to open up the game

Diablo2.exe
Game.exe
^ both of those should be in your diablo 2 folder.

Once you're done that make sure you set the launcher to to run ad admin, and diablo2.exe to run as admin.

if none of that works I would suggest to re update again.

XaxiOn
01-14-2016, 08:56 PM
U. DA. MAN.:cool:

XaxiOn
01-17-2016, 02:34 PM
yet more problems again with this server. Haven't touched anything since I got it working after the DEP fix and now getting the same error...

can anyone help me with this problem?

Game
01-17-2016, 02:41 PM
yet more problems again with this server. Haven't touched anything since I got it working after the DEP fix and now getting the same error...

can anyone help me with this problem?

If it came back suddenly out of nowhere just reboot your PC! And I mean reboot, not shutdown :) Newer computers don't actually do a full restart when "shutting down" now.

XaxiOn
01-17-2016, 05:11 PM
Negative ghost rider...

Moose
01-18-2016, 12:00 AM
Then something is missing or corrupt, or your game half updated with the recent patch. Hit Re Update on the launcher and then complete the installation again. I'm puzzled as to how so many people have issues launching the game.

1. Install mod on clean d2 version.
2. Finish required updates and make sure the extraction actually takes place (sometimes an AV can remove files on extraction causing the error)
3. Restart your pc (not necessary 93% of the time, do it for good measure)
4. Try to run the game via the launcher. If good, HURRAY
5. Unhandled Exception? Uh-oh something went wrong:-->
6. Re Update your game, this time make sure you don't have anything blocking false positives and that the extraction process is 100% COMPLETE (to the correct directory - usually "./" works.
7. Launch game, it will work.

Game
01-18-2016, 02:02 AM
Then something is missing or corrupt, or your game half updated with the recent patch. Hit Re Update on the launcher and then complete the installation again. I'm puzzled as to how so many people have issues launching the game.

1. Install mod on clean d2 version.
2. Finish required updates and make sure the extraction actually takes place (sometimes an AV can remove files on extraction causing the error)
3. Restart your pc (not necessary 93% of the time, do it for good measure)
4. Try to run the game via the launcher. If good, HURRAY
5. Unhandled Exception? Uh-oh something went wrong:-->
6. Re Update your game, this time make sure you don't have anything blocking false positives and that the extraction process is 100% COMPLETE (to the correct directory - usually "./" works.
7. Launch game, it will work.

The Moose has respawned.

PSyren
01-18-2016, 04:35 AM
It is definitely not that simple lol.

XaxiOn
01-18-2016, 01:56 PM
That's what I'm saying...Ok going to give that a try again, we'll see what happens.

XaxiOn
01-18-2016, 02:00 PM
I'm Alive again...the faq though.. all I did was re-update and it worked..yet past 10 times I tried, it didn't work lol.

Thanks for the help guys.

-Xax

Game
01-18-2016, 02:37 PM
Glad to hear!