PDA

View Full Version : Please fix cube/prime charm glitch

StenchTrench
01-15-2016, 09:09 AM
I run a full inventory minus 8 spaces when I cow/mf. I right click the prime charm and hold ctrl+left click to move unidentified stuff to the prime charm/cube to free up in space and just identify them all in the prime charm/cube via Cain when I am done mfing to save time. Sometimes (more than I wish) I get a crash to desktop error when I move my unidentified items to the prime charm/cube using the ctrl+left click.

Research
01-15-2016, 11:14 AM
very odd
i think d2 only initializes the cube inventory space when you open the horadric cube, or if it has items in it
so to prevent crashing either have at least one item in your cube at all times, or open your horadric cube every game

i fixed the item moving code so it wont cause a crash by trying to move an item somewhere that doesn't even exist yet (previously wasn't possible)
it wont move the item though

StenchTrench
01-15-2016, 01:51 PM
very odd
i think d2 only initializes the cube inventory space when you open the horadric cube, or if it has items in it
so to prevent crashing either have at least one item in your cube at all times, or open your horadric cube every game

i fixed the item moving code so it wont cause a crash by trying to move an item somewhere that doesn't even exist yet (previously wasn't possible)
it wont move the item though

I already do exactly this. The cube/prime charm is opened every game early on because I open cows first as part of my mf regime.The cube/prime charm is always on my character, never the stash. I open the prime charm/cube while it is on my character once my 8 free inventory spaces are full with unidentified items and move them to the charm/cube via ctrl+left click to free up space to continue mfing on the fly. BOOM....crash to desktop. It doesn't happen every game, but more often than I would like. Next time it happens I will tell you the exact error that D2 says occurs. Unless there is a text document that saves errors on my PC somewhere?

Research
01-15-2016, 02:39 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ilhtke6gh1v9k27/D2Ex2.dll
replace your d2ex2.dll in your annihilus folder with this one, see if that fixes it

StenchTrench
01-15-2016, 04:05 PM
I replaced the file...but now I am unable to drop items out of my inventory with ctrl+left click. :/

StenchTrench
01-15-2016, 04:06 PM
Aaaaand when I drop my cube/prime charm the items STAY inside the cube/prime charm instead of dropping on the ground or moving to my inventory

Research
01-15-2016, 04:23 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/download/g3vljpp4z6hcs02/D2Ex2.dll
oops, try this one

i imagine alex intentionally made it so that you can't drop a prime charm and have all the items in your cube drop too
you also can't drop items into it
prime charms are not a cube, they just let you open your cube

StenchTrench
01-17-2016, 07:57 AM
Your fix worked. THANK YOU. FYI items will fall out of the prime charm if you drop it to the ground. :D