PDA

View Full Version : New Dungeon Idea

soulkush
01-20-2016, 11:19 PM
New Dungeon Idea <br />
<br />
How about we have 7 dungeons that each have different bosses. Each of these dungeons requires the user to be a certain class (one per class). An idea on how to do this is have...

Dante
01-21-2016, 06:35 AM
I really like the idea of a class specific challenge.
Perhaps even drop a token on the way to switch skills and prepare this with items in your stash.

Also the rewards shouldn't be OP items, like we have as rewards now mostly, making the other items kinda crappy. Instead something unique that you have to specifically use or something fun, idk.

Imo, ideas like that are awesome and you showed nice ways already to make it a great journey. But what we really should add is more public oriented fun. People opening games to run them, like baal runs, you wouldn't do alone. Most of the stuff we have is like solo player fun or small private group(crucible). I'd like something around your idea, but encouraging to only run them as a public group, without the mindset of better doing it alone because you want to keep the drops for yourself. get what I mean?

thessarill
01-21-2016, 07:13 AM
what about a drop system like ubbers? (1 token per char)
you make a dunjeon without op items but usefull ( effects, small charms, jewels etc etc) all items would be unique, and drop 1 for each player.
exemple: a 8 player game, it drops a small charm x8, and cannot be pick up more than once per char.
So people wont feel upset with drops.
+ we could add a system for large amount of players game.
same idea + 1 unique item that drops, same kind of items ( jewels etc etc ) but with better stats, so it could be (in a 8 player game) 7 small charm or jewels of the same type + 1 with better stats.

It would keep the challenge on for a while, and make some items still rare.

exmple of items :

small charm : + 15/20 all res.
+1/5% all stats
+1/3% skill damage.

better small charms : +20/25 all res
+5/7% all stats
+3/5% skill damage.

something like that.

Myself
01-28-2016, 10:02 AM
Interesting idea. Here's my little suggestion: a 10 level dungeon. Each dungeon with its own level of difficulty. Every monster in the dungeon is invincible if there are less than 5 players (actively killing!) in that dungeon. So, if 5 players are killing monsters and 1 of them dies, the monsters will turn again invincible until the other player joins in the fight again. Maybe this will encourage public games!
In order to get to the next dungeon, you have to kill all monsters and the last monster will drop a key with which you can go to the next level.

Game
01-28-2016, 04:46 PM
Interesting idea. Here's my little suggestion: a 10 level dungeon. Each dungeon with its own level of difficulty. Every monster in the dungeon is invincible if there are less than 5 players (actively killing!) in that dungeon. So, if 5 players are killing monsters and 1 of them dies, the monsters will turn again invincible until the other player joins in the fight again. Maybe this will encourage public games!
In order to get to the next dungeon, you have to kill all monsters and the last monster will drop a key with which you can go to the next level.

That sounds almost identical to the Crucible ;)

Dante
01-29-2016, 12:55 AM
Crucible is a very nice challenge, but it's not made for uncoordinated public games atm.

these factos work against public crucibles:

- 1 guy isnt allowed to die
- loot is too worthy and hard to get
- difficulty scales with players

In a small team of 3-4 people it's amazing fun though, but to run to the end, which is everybodys goal now, requires good gear, high damage and strategy. It is not for public runs, but that's all fine.

You can see atm, that the most fun public thing about public games here are inferno cows.
You could even add more fun to it if you add a tiny fraction chance that all cows there drop cow set pieces.

A new dungeon idea should consider this.

Game
01-29-2016, 01:55 AM
Crucible is a very nice challenge, but it's not made for uncoordinated public games atm.

these factos work against public crucibles:

- 1 guy isnt allowed to die
- loot is too worthy and hard to get
- difficulty scales with players

In a small team of 3-4 people it's amazing fun though, but to run to the end, which is everybodys goal now, requires good gear, high damage and strategy. It is not for public runs, but that's all fine.

You can see atm, that the most fun public thing about public games here are inferno cows.
You could even add more fun to it if you add a tiny fraction chance that all cows there drop cow set pieces.

A new dungeon idea should consider this.

All cows do have a chance to drop the cow set in Inferno Cow :)

Lampogriz
01-29-2016, 02:28 AM
chance is close to zero

Game
01-29-2016, 02:41 AM
chance is close to zero

If it wasn't rare then the set would be worth nothing, I have no plans to make items rain from the sky. Sorry guys!

Dante
01-29-2016, 04:52 PM
Haha really?

Cool news, didn't know that :)

Yea it's all fine with the small chance, some items should be super rare I agree. Just very nice the chance exists.