PDA

View Full Version : Let's create something to improve Frost Nova

StenchTrench
01-23-2016, 11:25 AM
Frost Nova is undeniably fun, but does very little damage. I was was thinking something along the lines of unique boots or gloves that have +to all skills or cold skills or frost nova/mana regen/-enemy cold res/and "your frost nova does double damage". OR simply buff Frost nova with synergies and/or increased damage. It would allow sorceresses to have an easier time running inferno cows (frozen enemies), and I think that it would be a really entertaining build!

FromTheRez
01-24-2016, 09:54 AM
I've had a surprisingly decent frost nova on d2pk- as a secondary to blizz, I'm sure with the items here it could dish out something pretty tough? I do agree synergized it could be badass

soulkush
01-24-2016, 12:38 PM
Made these gloves mainly for a frost nova sorc, but realized a HF zealadin could be used as well, and then later the frozen arrow zon would abuse these straght up.

It seems like a wall of stats, but 2 are for buffing ice nova, and 3 are negative traits.

Feel free to tweak this with your ideas!

Izual's Despair
Crusader Gauntlets
{1}Cold Mastery's Effectiveness is now 80% from monster res, +20% cold skill dmg (if cold mastery gives -200 enemy res, it would become -150% enemy res +50% cold skill dmg)
{2}Blizzard is now a synergy of Frost Nova (10-20%? no idea)
{3}25% CtC Frozen Abyss when struck (Thinking of a spell that's like static field reducing monster HP by a %, and with a freeze duration of 3-7 seconds with a range about the screen size of the 1028-768 resolution. Another possibilty is another ice nova that expands rather slowly to the edges of the 1028-768 screen with KB)
{4}20-40 FCR
{5}30-40% IAS
{6}20-30% enhanced cold damage
{7}15% life leech
{8}+3-5 to Cold Mastery
{9}+3 to Offensive Auras (pally only)
{10}Negative Resistance 30
{11}Negative DR 15%
{12}Negative 30-50% Fire Skill Damage (Mainly for Zon)

StenchTrench
01-25-2016, 10:45 AM
I'd just flat out remove anything that benefits a zon and focus on improving frost nova. Zons are powerful enough as it is. Take out the IAS and add %max mana, take out the life leech and add 1-2 to ONLY sorceress skills levels, remove the auras bonus and negative res/dr/fire damage and add some mana regen. Add a chance to cast like level 40 frost nova or blizzard when struck. I'm seriously pushing to improve frost nova in the next patch to give the sorceress a better chance at running inferno cows. Great ideas!