PDA

View Full Version : Smelting Merchant

Scotty
02-06-2016, 11:37 PM
This might be a little out there but...

SMELTING MERCHANT: Bring all of your unnecessary items to me! I will get rid of them and in return you will be rewarded with random gems or runes. The higher the rareness and the more you smelt at once will get you higher rewards.

Uniques : Guarantee a rune from El to Tor ( depending on rareness ... its %chance based too, could possibly get an el for that spare Tyrael Armor you smelt... Tyrael armor would definitely increase odds of a higher rune though )
Magic Items : Guarantee a Gem of some kind ( same as above )
Rare Items : Guarantee a Higher chance to get Divine Gems ( not saying you will definitely get one, just increase the odds )

This could be tweaked a little bit but ... yeh it sounds good to me.

Game
02-07-2016, 02:51 AM
It sounds really cool but is near impossible unfortunately :(

Dante
02-07-2016, 05:54 AM
I heard every craft like thing, or smelting in your example, is hard to implemented with a random aspect.
As they told me, the cube for instance cannot have a random recipe to get a random item just something fixed you get with say random stats.

Dunno if this is part of the problem, but maybe it's similar.

soulkush
02-07-2016, 09:37 AM
Is it possible for it to be based on an item's qlvl? so say a unique with a qlvl in the range of 91-99 have x% chance for Lo? The reason I say a range is cause I don't think you would want to add 100 recipes for all the Qlvls.

Being said, I'm against this idea... Imagine farming lich king.. 2~ min per run with a guaranteed qlvl of 99 each time. The value of HRs would absolutely plummet