PDA

View Full Version : Players "X" command

StenchTrench
02-18-2016, 04:41 PM
Would it be possible to enable the "/players x" command in private games on the server? It would be very useful for solo farming as apposed to connecting 8 different characters to one game!

acyroma
02-18-2016, 04:47 PM
I believe this is something that is much harder to add than just flicking a switch to "enabled". I'll let game chime in on this one but last i heard this wasn't something we were able to do.

Mephisto
02-18-2016, 05:10 PM
The dream, no more filling 8-)

Frigide
02-18-2016, 05:22 PM
I would LOVE that!
Though i feel its kinda overpowered. Type /players 64 just before you kill last ubber at tristram and gg ...

StenchTrench
02-18-2016, 05:29 PM
I would LOVE that!
Though i feel its kinda overpowered. Type /players 64 just before you kill last ubber at tristram and gg ...

NOT 64! lol...just 8. And that wouldn't work. Once an enemy is spawned by a player, it auto anchors on to the number of players in the game. Won't change if more people join.

StenchTrench
02-18-2016, 05:30 PM
The dream, no more filling 8-)

Yeah...I was calling for this in private games only. Not pub.

Game
02-18-2016, 05:33 PM
NOT 64! lol...just 8. And that wouldn't work. Once an enemy is spawned by a player, it auto anchors on to the number of players in the game. Won't change if more people join.

That's actually false, and 1 of many reasons why this feature will unfortunately never be added. It takes the monster's damage and life based on how many players are in-game when it is spawned on the map (getting near it) but you can change /players count right before it dies because the loot table isn't pulled until after death. Sorry guys, this feature is just too abusable and discourages teamplay.

StenchTrench
02-19-2016, 08:31 AM
I understand now that the "players x" function can be abused. Nearly everything on the server can (and let's be honest most of the time IS) be done solo in regards to farming/mfing. The crucilble was a nice addition. I personally haven't even played it all. I want to at some point. Then again...I am biased and strictly play sorc, but what can a sorc bring to the crucible? Honest question... Everyone's top priority in a cruc team seems to be paladin or amazon. :/ Maybe the next patch will bring more to the table for a sorc?

Mephisto
02-19-2016, 12:54 PM
Flamestrike/Pyroblast sorc is a great char to have in the team! ( + Static )
And yes, read the 3.2 info patch, sorc's are getting some more love in the upcoming patch!