PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about AR vs enemies defense

memories
03-11-2016, 10:04 AM
Okay, so...I have a couple questions for the experts around here.

I have a zealot who uses strictly conviction with zeal and a merc with fant. I use tfury and neph ammy so my lightning dmg is quite high.

When I run dreamlands, my chance to hit is around 67%. Now I know that all end game bosses have a mod that you hit %50 of the time. So in actuality, my chance to hit is around 30%. But then, how do you factor in my conviction aura and the -defense on the enemy? I use conviction to of course lower the enemies resists.

Would an eth rune -25% target defense help me hit? Would you recommend pumping my AR as much as possible to boost chance to hit?

memories
03-11-2016, 11:45 AM
The eth rune I have researched...so never mind on that.

I guess my question is that I'm not sure how the end bosses handle my conviction and AR.

Lucid
03-11-2016, 12:02 PM
omg. The chance to hit in Diablo 2 isnt that easy :) not like AR vs def

What also counts is your level vs the monster level that you try to hit. I dont know what mlvl they have but im pretty sure hell baal is lvl 99 and the dreamlands are either 99 too or even higher (dunno if thats possible).

So your 30% would be right if you and the mob are both lvl 99 (if i have understood all those math right. And even if, its long ago i tryed to figure those things out).

Eth runes and conviction aura does not reduce the monsters defense to absolute zero as far as i know. They just remove something thats bonusarmor and armorincrease...

The best thing is if you ask some other phys/light zealots to this theme (names i think about here are shamandur or lampogriz). they can tell you for sure better how much AR you need and
how you will be able to reach this.

the formula can be found here, and should be also used for calculations you make on annihilus.net servers:

http://diablo.gamepedia.com/Attack_Rating_%28Diablo_II%29

edit:

i was wrong with my described defense thing. Ignore targets defense and -% defense works against the basic defense of a mob/pvp. But it can be easily countered by having +%ehanced defense on gear (and i dont know if bosses only have base defense or basedefence+ed%)
heres a little discussion bout defense rating and ITD/-%ed...:

http://www.diabloii.net/forums/threads/target-defense.676714/

edit2: Sorry, cant help you with more specific annihilus.net infos...

i would be interested in exact boss + mobs stats too! I still dont know about life+resis+dr of for example mappo and such. I hope this gets answered :) one day.

memories
03-11-2016, 12:14 PM
I'm looking for annihilus server information. Mlvl of ubers is 110 I reckon. Do inferno cows have that 50% to hit chance right off the bat too? If I use a 10% ar enchant, I get roughly 1,000 AR on screen which equates to around 1% chance to hit on sshhaa boss!

Lampogriz
03-11-2016, 12:58 PM
If I use a 10% ar enchant, I get roughly 1,000 AR on screen which equates to around 1% chance to hit on sshhaa boss!

wow you have 10000 base ar?

Dante
03-11-2016, 01:03 PM
Well so lvl 25 conviction reduces the armor by 92%. cut into half against bosses so we are at 46%. This is directly affecting the boss defense IF the bosses work like all vanilla bosses and don't have any % enhanced defense from ANY source. Because as mentioned, this works directly against -% defense. This is why shout is so important to have btw, or any defense increased by %, because it directly works against enemy conviction. Very important in HC.

So basically you can lower the boss defense by 46% I think. Also it is important, as also mentioned, that the monster and char level affect the formular.
What I just found is this though:

The Class Bonus to level of attacker is:

20 for Barbarians and Paladins
15 for Assassins
5 for Amazons and Druids
-10 for Necromancers
-15 for Sorceresses

source: http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/basics/characters.shtml

So it is also important what class you play. By a lot actually lol. Is this up to date? I think so though.

It should be noted that AR has diminishing returns with higher values with a fix defenders defense.

At this point I don't know how their dodge mechanic actually works. But you can reckon with only hitting half of the time then. So, the maximum chance to hit is 95% right? Disregarding the AR and DR here, it's cut into half. So even with perfect setup you will only hit 47,5% of the time. Meh.

We absolutely need information about any added boss stats in my opinion. Diablo is and will always be about number crunching and we just don't have that information. We need it to calculate correctly though so the admins should give us the basic stats of new enemies.

e: typo

memories
03-11-2016, 01:41 PM
The last paragraph sums it up pretty perfectly...with perfect setup and perfect odds in your favor, we will hit end bosses on this server around 47% of the time. If I'm at 'onscreen' hit chance 35%, what's an extra 12%...

Lucid
03-11-2016, 02:01 PM
thats not correct.

Your "onscreen" ingame shows how accurate your hit is WITHOUT the 50% dodge of the bosses. And im not that sure, if it shows the propper leveldifference in its calculation.

at least your 35% hitchance onscreen is 17,5% in reality. And reaching 95% on a lvl 110 (?) bossmonster would probably make you need a million AR because of the diminishing return rule.

So i would rather say that melee hitchance is in reality under 30% even if you have the best possible gear...