PDA

View Full Version : Orb sorc?

memories
04-04-2016, 05:35 AM
Are orb sorcs now viable in end game content? Clearing plague lands and all that? Maybe inf cows. With good good gear?

Frigide
04-04-2016, 06:52 AM
i spent just 30mn on my orb sorc for now on, i was able to clear a2 a3 new bosses (while dying a bit), and i did some a5 red portal to test. i just couldnt kill Ifrit. tried some inf cow but real quick in 15 player game, was laking dmg.
it felt OKish, i hope if i spend more time on it i ll be able to balance the char and make it tanky enough but with serious dmg.
This orbsorc i tested is 11k orb/ 30k'ish blizz for now. i need new storm and new shako for more tests, coz i dont wanna put my cold chants on the wrong items :)

edit: i enchanted 7 times only for now

memories
04-04-2016, 07:11 AM
That's my fear, lacking that damage. I wonder with the new armor and 6 facets, you get 60% cold dmg...did you test with Cain armor faceted...?

Mephisto
04-04-2016, 07:45 AM
More important stats are DR, Block FHR etc, 11k Orb is more then enough lol ^^

Game
04-04-2016, 10:34 AM
proph21 put a lot of time / gear into his cold sorc build, and he absolutely loves it from what I hear! They are definitely viable now. Inferno cows have a LOT of life in a 15 player game lol

Frigide
04-04-2016, 11:29 AM
as i told, i really spent a little bit of time for now on my cold sorc, cause so many things to try out with 3.2.
pb is always the same, if u enjoy a char, just go play with it, but if it takes 10x more times to clear than a zealot in solo, whats the point...
i LOVE cold sorc, i always played those (well since 1.09 coz before that, occu rings nova, pwnage, etc). i ll definitly spend more time testing it. I know i can go to 15/16k orb "easy" so i ll see the dmg then :)
Fyi 11k isnt enough meph :)

Lampogriz
04-04-2016, 12:59 PM
i recommend you guys to try psn necro ~~

caca
04-04-2016, 01:01 PM
i recommend you guys to try psn necro ~~
mmmh poison necro is fun but didnt get mine to be efficient there... but i dont have cruci items throw just cow set :)

Game
04-04-2016, 01:04 PM
mmmh poison necro is fun but didnt get mine to be efficient there... but i dont have cruci items throw just cow set :)

New Trag'Oul helm helps IMMENSELY. It should be quite viable with the right build now! Especially with the way piercing works now.

rrra
04-04-2016, 01:27 PM
@Lampo or Game, does the conviction aura remove the need for attack rating on a poison maelstrom necro? It really bugged me before that I needed to squeeze in a source of attack rating on a caster.

Lampogriz
04-04-2016, 01:42 PM
I still dont know how maelstrom is working. Reffering from my expirience , you dont need much ar for hit

Game
04-04-2016, 01:58 PM
@Lampo or Game, does the conviction aura remove the need for attack rating on a poison maelstrom necro? It really bugged me before that I needed to squeeze in a source of attack rating on a caster.

You still need attack rating, you can always put ignore target defense in your weapon :) Honestly I cannot remember if the poison balls coming off of the dagger use attack rating or not, off of the top of my head they do though.