Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Public Mule Account(s)

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Qwazym

Public Mule Account(s)

Hi,

I'm thinking we should create a public mule for new players to have access to. we should include a few of each low set, and 1 of each high end set, along with 1 of each unique item.

This would make it easier and more appealing for those new players (or existing and missing one item) wanting to dip into this spare gear, because as we all know that the majority of the time, once something gets muled, it just sits there indefinitely.

I'm a hardcore only player so cannot contribute to softcore gear, but can create the accounts etc.

Once that person finds an upgrade or duplicate, they can replace what they took. Alternatively if you end up on there and notice something missing, you can stick your own in the blank space

Maybe even have a few accounts:
    HC_SETS
    HC_UNIQ
    SC_SETS
    SC_UNIQ
    password for all can be "free"

THIS WILL RELY HEAVILY ON PEOPLE NOT BEING GREEDY OR INTENTIONALLY RUINING IT FOR EVERYONE. eg no emptying these to fill your own mules, or changing the account password. the community is a reasonable size for this to work.

Let me know thoughts & ideas for this. if people agree and are willing to contribute, I'll create the accounts and chars when I get home.

Gold

Oh and an extra note for hardcore. Only take things once you can equip them because otherwise, you may die with it and lose it. Especially if you're new to the server and haven't experienced all of the new content yet.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: SuperNeckBeard

There will always be a greedy rando that will swipe all the good stuff, but you can try to do this. It's a good idea for a trustworthy group of friends (but even then there's always that guy who spoils the fun). Just be prepared to log into these accounts and see the toons completely empty or deleted from someone being a douche.

I would suggest just keeping sets and uniques that are easily stockpiled. Tals/IK/Mav/Trang/Ect are easy to find and pretty decent gear for new players to use for a while. You can stock those in a public account without too much trouble I would imagine.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNeckBeard View Post
    There will always be a greedy rando that will swipe all the good stuff, but you can try to do this. It's a good idea for a trustworthy group of friends (but even then there's always that guy who spoils the fun). Just be prepared to log into these accounts and see the toons completely empty or deleted from someone being a douche.

I would suggest just keeping sets and uniques that are easily stockpiled. Tals/IK/Mav/Trang/Ect are easy to find and pretty decent gear for new players to use for a while. You can stock those in a public account without too much trouble I would imagine.
    That's exactly the idea, I wouldn't suggest putting stuff on there that you intend to need one day. it's more for stuff that's just going to sit on a mule that would really help new people out. eg if you do some farming and find your third IK set and know you're never going to use it. turns out there's none on here and you're never going to use it. thanks for your contribution lol.

For those who are willing to contribute, it's due to griefers that this will need to limit to 1 of each endgame good set at a time, so people don't just loot it, stockpile, then quit. if theres something that's rare and hard to get, you're welcome to hold onto it yourself and if you see someone asking for it, determine yourself whether or not to give them the gear. there should be ample low sets flying around in the mean time to look after people.

Gold

@Game
    would it be possible for us to have the chat bots .mail send *account once a player hits level 85 for the first time on an account? have the chat bots send in game mail (however many people dont know how to use this function though..) the password to the high end sets account so we don't have low level griefers just looting.

most people can get to 85 pretty quickly in a rush or not solo. higher is probably where they wouldn't need the gear, maybe 75 is ok too. is it possible anyway?
    Last edited by Qwazym; 04-27-2016 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwazym View Post
    @Game
    would it be possible for us to have the chat bots .mail send *account once a player hits level 85 for the first time on an account? have the chat bots send in game mail (however many people dont know how to use this function though..) the password to the high end sets account so we don't have low level griefers just looting.

most people can get to 85 pretty quickly in a rush or not solo. higher is probably where they wouldn't need the gear, maybe 75 is ok too. is it possible anyway?
    Unfortunately I cannot think of anyway to do that without it being a LOT of work

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    Unfortunately I cannot think of anyway to do that without it being a LOT of work
    Not a problem it would probably become common knowledge anyway. Thanks for the fast response

Not a problem it would probably become common knowledge anyway. Thanks for the fast response
    No problem!

Gold

so are people wanting this and willing to contribute or should i forget about it and just donate gear to people as i see them?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Frigide

should i forget about it and just donate gear to people as i see them?
    Do that in my opinion.
    I think asking free items, advices, help on unknown content, is better than just go take your full set in a box.
    I feel you about the public mule, it can be handy if no one is available for giving free/helping, but i would think thats not necessary.

hf

User Tag List