Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Event Ladder System

Gold
    Annihilus Account: DrLukifer

Quote Originally Posted by Savior View Post
    I'm aware joining a clan is the other option, but there's really only a small handful of them around.
    I'm glad you made LocK clan somewhat recently and that it's been so successful because Annihilus really needs more clans.
    I've had plans of possibly making my own clan for next ladder to hopefully urge others to do so as well.
    Also I really never enjoyed events as much as others, I'm just more concerned for the players who do enjoy them.
    I do love the idea of events and think it's a good addition to annihilus, I'm just no damn good at them.
    So even if I made a clan, I myself wouldn't really participate as much as the members of my clan probably would.
    I'm really just looking at how one sided it seems for the one and only clan that there is at the moment.
    I know it encourages people to start a clan or join a clan to put themselves in that position as well.
    But at the moment with there being so few clans it just seems like a bad idea to me.
    For example I could say why not start up a separate Clan Event Ladder and Single Even Ladder.
    But the Clan Event Ladder would have all LocK players and very few Crucible members and that's it.
    I just think it's something that needs to be added in the future when/if more clans start appearing.
    We were seriously hoping people would band together as clans for this. Of course we are going to win if you guys don't group up. Participation in events is mandatory for active clan LocK members, or we'll hand out the boot. The best advice I can give is to form a clan and challenge us. As it stands half of the people that join events are clan LocK members, and I'm sure if it wasn't mandatory there would be less events overall due to lack of signups. Like it or hate it, it is what it is
    Veni Vidi Vici - I came, I saw, I conquered

Gold

Out of all the event winners you posted 5/10 top ten are clan LocK

Gold

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Savior

Quote Originally Posted by Drlukifer View Post
    We were seriously hoping people would band together as clans for this. Of course we are going to win if you guys don't group up. Participation in events is mandatory for active clan LocK members, or we'll hand out the boot. The best advice I can give is to form a clan and challenge us. As it stands half of the people that join events are clan LocK members, and I'm sure if it wasn't mandatory there would be less events overall due to lack of signups. Like it or hate it, it is what it is
    I understand, and I wish others would band together to challenge LocK clan so it wasn't the only big clan in events.
    But as of right now I just feel like it's very abusive having the one and only big clan in such a position of power.
    Gold is no laughing matter and there is a lot rewarded for events, most of which at the moment goes to LocK clan.
    I don't want LocK clan to get ahead of everyone else just because they're the only clan that exists that plays events.
    I just want everyone to have an equal opportunity to win at events even if they aren't in a clan.
    Not all people who play games enjoy being team players so making events purely about clans just isn't smart.
    Clans and Events are two newer growing areas of Annihilus that need to grow separately before they can work together.
    And also solo playing and team playing are two different ways of gaming and there are many more solo players around.
    Events are very important to keeping Annihilus alive and healthy I believe, I'm just saying what I think is best for the server.
    Like I said before, I think as events are now, playing solo without a clan is pretty much a waste of time and I'd never do it.
    So if that's the way I feel, a lot of other players will probably feel the same and not participate also.
    I'm aware that someone like myself could make my own clan, if I felt I could handle the position of leading a clan.
    But the job of running a clan is really not as easy as it seems and not everyone is up to that sort of challenge.
    So basically joining LocK is the only way to benefit in events as of right now until more players make clans themselves.
    And I don't see clans getting very big for quite a while, it will just take a bit more time for it to catch on.
    It just seems a bit unfair for the event ladder to focus on clans especially at the moment when there are so few around.
    I appreciate everything clan LocK is doing for Annihilus, so please don't take this wrong as if I'm against you guys.
    I know we had some misunderstandings in the past but I'm not holding a grudge about those things anymore.
    It's obvious you guys aren't going anywhere and neither am I, so I'd rather we all just get along.
    I know it probably seem's like I'm out to get you guys, but I would've brought this up no matter what clan it was.
    I just feel no clan should have this advantage as of right now, it seem's very unfair and could be bad for events and Annihilus all together.
    Last edited by Savior; 01-23-2017 at 01:21 PM.

Administrator
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: acyroma

@Savior Your point about only being able to benefit from events by joining clan lock isn't exactly valid. Sure, the event ladder is one thing that they have a clear advantage with, and that is something that will be changing, however for the events themselves it does not matter if you are in a clan or not. Everyone who participates has an equal chance at winning them as everyone else.

We have already diversified the times that we run events somewhat, and that will continue to be expanded on, but I'll also say that I'm going to be adding a PvM boss speedrun event starting in February to try and add some competition to the PvM side of things.

Let me know if you have any more ideas.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by acyroma View Post
    @Savior Your point about only being able to benefit from events by joining clan lock isn't exactly valid. Sure, the event ladder is one thing that they have a clear advantage with, and that is something that will be changing, however for the events themselves it does not matter if you are in a clan or not. Everyone who participates has an equal chance at winning them as everyone else.

We have already diversified the times that we run events somewhat, and that will continue to be expanded on, but I'll also say that I'm going to be adding a PvM boss speedrun event starting in February to try and add some competition to the PvM side of things.

Let me know if you have any more ideas.
    Sorry if something I said was misunderstood or said wrong.
    I didn't mean them being in a clan gave them an advtantage of winning the events.
    I just meant being in a clan gave them the advantage of winning the event ladder altogether.
    So the 1# prize every time would go to LocK clan simply because all their points add up.

Gold
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: lockzilla89
    Annihilus Account: Lockzilla

Just to point out. I have Acyroma hand the gold out equally to everyone that participated in the events, this is how the gold was handled last Event Ladder winnings:

Hello my clan. We have won December Event Ladder Rank Gold Winnings! Yay! LocK continues to be proven over and over again as the #1 Clan on BOTH servers!

Here is how we are distributing the gold equally out.

Revandarth - 650 GOLD
    Brimstonejack - 1000 GOLD
    LocKziLLa 1000 Gold
    Samiam - 650 GOLD
    Eric - 650 GOLD
    DrLukifer - 1000 GOLD

Your going to have a total of 4950 GOLD SENT. The other 50 reminder gold will go to me.
    These are based of whom won. BlueVex aka Chris doesn't want any GOLD. He donates his gold to Myles
    So I didn't count him in this. and certainly not going to have him donate Event Ladder winnings to Myles

I simply did the math. How many times a single clan person has carried us through events.

Revandarth got 1 point
    Brimstonejack got 2 points
    Lockzilla got 2 points
    Samiam got 1 point
    Eric got 1 point
    DrLukifer got 2 points
    Bluevex got 2 points (but hes not including on this)

So my point is, not one person is making a BIG get rich scheme with gold. As you can see, it was handle equally out to everyone who participate in the events and got us a point.
    Watch me Stream Events and End Game Content
    https://www.twitch.tv/lockzilla89

Gold

I'm also aware that you divide the winnings equally, but that doesn't change the fact that it's still the top prize.
    It's still unfair that with Lock Clan winning every time they will always get to divide the top prize.
    No matter who's getting it in the clan, it's still being given to your clan, and overtime your clan is still being benefited most.
    With the way the server is right now, with the amount of clans there are, every single event ladder will be won by LocK clan.
    And that is a fact until someone else makes a clan, simply because the points from all clan members being added together.
    I'm just saying if all players points were separate, other players would actually have a chance at getting the top prize.
    It's impossible for anyone to compete with an entire clans points combined, unless they have a clan or are in a clan.
    Solo Event Ladder and Clan Event Ladder should be two separate things or events are just there to feed gold to Lock Clan.
    Or to feed any other clan that could eventually be made and decides to take advantage of the situation.
    And then once it gets competitive no solo player will ever win in the event ladder ever again.
    It's just set up very wrong in my eyes, the clan event ladder points adding is a great idea, I just think it should be seperate.
    And I think it should be added later on when there are more clans because like I said, LocK clan will always win.
    Clans are basically non existent on Annihilus, LocK clan is the 1 and only clan here that does anything really.
    Yeah there's a few others but they're all just for show and they arent very big or active at all, so it's like they don't exist.
    Anything to do with clans should wait, because Annihilus has only 1 clan, or atleast only 1 good clan, and that is Lock Clan.

Gold
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: lockzilla89
    Annihilus Account: Lockzilla

I would agree with you on the solo clan ladder, but there isnt enough clans. This was designed to push people to make clans. So separating both of them won't work. Not to mention that's more gold going out each month.
    Watch me Stream Events and End Game Content
    https://www.twitch.tv/lockzilla89

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Lockzilla View Post
    I would agree with you on the solo clan ladder, but there isnt enough clans. This was designed to push people to make clans. So separating both of them won't work. Not to mention that's more gold going out each month.
    Well I'd say changing it to ranking people based on their own points earned would be better if only 1 option would be chosen.
    But if the event prizes were lowered then maybe both of them could possibly be added.

User Tag List