Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Assassin and Attack Rating

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Ukon

Assassin and Attack Rating

With the available gear and viability of an assassin being melee, whether it is through the martial arts tree or through Whirlwind from Chaos runeword, the main hinderence is attack rating. My thought is to add + Attack Rating (not %) either to fade and burst of speed per level (for instance +10 attack rating for lvl 1 and + 200 AR for lvl 20) or the same for claw mastery or venom. I don't suggest claw mastery as there are some sin melee builds that don't use claws.

Based on my calculations, adding anywhere between 10-25 Attack rating per level on any the above skills would be enough to make a decent amount of difference but not enough to not have to gear your character around adding at least some attack rating.

I really buffed attack rating gain per skill point in the martial arts tree last patch, is it still really that bad?

Gold

Attack rating is still a big problem. More around gear availability on sins to make it worth while.

Sins require a lot of + skill gear to make melee viable where in traditional melee, it's more about weapon damage and attack rating and block %. Traditional melees gear is centered around these facts. Sin gear isn't.

The gear sins have access to that are useful for them, don't have + attack rating or % attack rating.

I see. I will see what I can do in 4.2!

Gold
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: saesarandomd2
    Annihilus Account: saesa

Foresee Jack of all Trades having 3xx% AR bonus on high slevels.

Quote Originally Posted by imbanieuser View Post
    asasin has no damage at all. thats it. need remake new powerfull skill.

Quote Originally Posted by saesa View Post
    Foresee Jack of all Trades having 3xx% AR bonus on high slevels.
    Not a bad idea to put the AR there, but I will probably use flat AR!

Gold

That works as well

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Brimstonejack

You can always get her chanted... Don't even need a gg chant sorc. A tal sorc will work just fine for chanting. Oh, and skeleton king's crown can give a nice ar bonus, as well.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: diablor

Yeah since on-striking doesnt work with whirlwind, you wont have to worry about bone prisons spawning with the crown of the skeleton king. So its a great choice here. Also, enchant applies to any fire, cold, and light damage you get from the touch of death claw. So it provides a ton of extra damage in addition to the big attack rating bonus.
    Last edited by rrra; 11-22-2016 at 08:16 AM.

Gold

I see your point.. i dont think a char should become viable based on if you prebuff or not however.

User Tag List