Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some suggestions

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Addah

Some ideas

I hope when you respond to these suggestions you judge each idea on its own merits. If you express your disapproval I will followup with my own thinking and try to change your mind based on what you said.

Nightmare vs Hell XP rate (not drops)
    It would benefit new players if Nightmare had the same XP rate (not drop rate) as Hell, because they would be less dependent on the kindness of strangers boosting them with inf/hell cows. It provides them some independence with leveling up, and only a new member might sacrifice the Hell drop rates to gain more XP early-game if they can't kill anything in Hell difficulty.

Potions upon Death
    A little tweak that would be cool is if potions can remain in your belt when you die, so you don't need to re-apply them everytime or pick up the ones you dropped.

Runeword Skill variables
    Increasing variability in runewords would help keep end-game players engaged in attempting to craft perfect items. Particularly with skill bonuses, Call to Arms for example, instead of 1-6 variable skills in BO/BC it could be 1-9.
    Aside from just the skills, the aura level could have increased variability, for example with Infinity's Conviction aura, from 10-15 up to 10-19 perhaps, but tweaking aura's might be too far.
    Last edited by Addah; 09-26-2016 at 02:45 PM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Mephisto

Here's what i think:

Nightmare vs Hell XP rate (not drops):
    Would make leveling way to easy, imo its allready easy to get a lvl 80 in a few hell cow runs ( spectate helps with this ). I mean there's allways some public games up, where u can spectate for some exp. It would make leveling to 99 even more easy, if people open inferno cows in Nightmare ( killing even faster, while gaining the same exp ). Not even mentioning this for using it in a Ladder Reset. My advice for someone who's new and doesnt get help and has to go trough it solo, pick up rares it helps alot! ( Knowing the community we have, there's allways people who rush and help people out. We have a awesome community!

Azathoth organ drop rate:
    Theye all have the same droprate from what ive been told, its all about luck here.

Potions upon Death:
    I figure alex would have a hard time implenting something like this, because when u die u have no belt, hence u lose the extra slot u normally have from the belt. ( Maybe Alex could make it so u have standard 4x4, without a belt? ) Neat idea if possible!

Runeword Skill variables:
    I think, using ur examples, its allready hard enough to create a perfect 6 bo or perf aura weapon/item. It would also make low rolled runewords not have any value at all, lets say u roll a cta 1 bo when 9 is perfect. The difference is way to high!

Thats what i think about it

Gold

Some ideas

Nightmare XP
    Yes it's very easy to reach level 95 after a day or two if you know how, but new players who aren't familiar get stuck pretty easy without having friends or asking people for help. It's an inconvenience for them with this enhanced difficulty, depending on timezones or the hours they play there may not be others around willing to help.

The balance with inferno cows on nightmare vs hell would be sacrificing drop rates to gain XP rates if you can't possibly kill hell content as a new player. End-game and level 99 players wouldn't waste their time on Nightmare inferno cows unless they're helping purely for friends to level up.

Azathoth Organs
    The organ drop rates are not equal, I've done dozens of hell cows with 14 mules and 90% of Azathoth organ drops are brains/hearts/eyes, I have full inventory/stash of them and almost 0 tails/horns. Yes luck does factor in but if you farm enough you'll see a clear difference in the drop rate.

Runewords
    Yeah perhaps, just an idea to keep people spending/buying runes.
    Last edited by Addah; 09-26-2016 at 02:45 PM.

Administrator
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: acyroma

100% of your drop rates on blue organs should be brain/heart/eye as blue tail/horn does not exist.

You only need 3 blue organs to make a portal to ryleh.

And yes, the chance for any blue organ is the same, and the chance for any cow organ is also the same.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by acyroma View Post

You only need 3 blue organs to make a portal to ryleh.
    Where has this information been all my life :O

Edited my thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Addah View Post
    Where has this information been all my life :O

Edited my thread.
    In the wiki

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    In the wiki

Is it possible to have potions stay equipped after death?

Quote Originally Posted by Addah View Post
    Is it possible to have potions stay equipped after death?
    Unfortunately not :/

Gold
    Annihilus Account: crew

easier xp is a horrible idea its possible to 1-99 in 2 days already i could do it within 12 hours i bet with nightmare difficulty inf cows and somebody to help loading
    Quote Originally Posted by nooV View Post
    these guys refuse to play on the chars they signed up
    tweak rules to their favor
    what happens in this case do they get disqualified?

dont feed the gators

Gold
    Annihilus Account: diablor

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    easier xp is a horrible idea its possible to 1-99 in 2 days already i could do it within 12 hours i bet with nightmare difficulty inf cows and somebody to help loading
    Just curious, how would doing inferno cows in nightmare difficulty help?

User Tag List