Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible idea?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Savior

Quote Originally Posted by RevanDarth View Post
    In my opinion reverting runewords to theyre vanilla state would get the job done when it comes to overpowering any rare items, anyway Enigma could be a thing again, and Grief could be finnaly usefull.. Also it could bring more interesting builds to this realm..
    I agree that if rare items were able to have runewords made in them that the current upgraded version of the runewords would probably have to be reverted back to the originals. I'm leaning more towards thinking Game wouldn't like this idea though.
    He's said to me several times that he doesn't like runewords being the best endgame items. One reason for that is because their easier to make/get compared to the custom items. Still everyone can hope wish and dream, it never hurts to wonder.

Edit: Also not only runewords but rare items themselves might have to be changed if this was to be added. And since I think all rare items I believe? we're just buffed recently I doubt Game would wanna lower them just for this.
    Last edited by Savior; 02-11-2017 at 02:05 PM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: RevanDarth

It wouldnt mean that runewords would be best items, it would be harder to make them then it is, you dont want to waste your runes on something bad, and on one side, finding rare items with enough sockets and that are perfect would be a lot of grinding and maybe even rolling till you get what you want. It would benefit server too, i see a lot of people buying scrolls of rare reroll from gold vendor... And it would make runes and rares more usefull then they are now.. But lets not get into further discussion without any feedback from Alex, if its there any chance it can be done.
    Last edited by RevanDarth; 02-11-2017 at 02:05 PM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: crew

rares are supposed to be the best item ya casuals
    Quote Originally Posted by nooV View Post
    these guys refuse to play on the chars they signed up
    tweak rules to their favor
    what happens in this case do they get disqualified?

dont feed the gators

The idea is interesting, I bounced this idea around in my head a long time ago but decided to shy away from it because of my hate for runewords. However, runewords are almost never made now aside from ones with auras on them. I would consider this, but I would definitely have to nerf almost all rares that have runeword potential, such as weapons, armors, helms, and shields. Also to enable this it actually requires code editing of the game's dll files, it isn't something I can just flip on unfortunately. I will have to decide if is worth the trouble.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: kepiting

This is only works if socketed rare items were harder to find, for now i think it's not that hard because in 1 inferno cow game i found 4 socket armor with 3 skills and 1 tele, if i make bramble runeword in it, it can be too op for poison nec don't you think?
    Last edited by kepiting; 02-11-2017 at 05:57 PM.

Yeah honestly we'll probably hold off for now, if runewords / rares are balanced right it can be fun, and is definitely possible in 5.1, but as of now I don't have enough time to put something in this late for 5.0.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Savior

Reading all this stuff kind of opened my eyes and reminded me of a few other ideas.
    You could make magic items able to have runewords made in them instead of rares.
    Then instead of undoing the buff on rares you could just buff magic items maybe?
    Also I've played other servers that have had boots belt and gloves being socketable.
    I'm not sure if it's a good idea or easy to make it happen but adding that could be interesting.
    I'm not saying adding it for unique's, though a few maybe could be special like nephalem amulet.
    If normal items and magic could have sockets it would add the possibly for some glove/belt/boots runewords.
    Also you could even add a chance for sockets on rares but not make them able to have runewords made in them.
    Few things I just thought would be interesting to throw on the table and add to this topic.
    I'd like everyone else and of course Game to give their opinion on this as well.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Mephisto

I like the idea of magic to, but the item filter that everyone uses, that comes standard when u install, removes 99% of the magic items.
    It would be a pain to run with magic items ( aka non-filter ) enabled, cus u wont see 50% of what drops, hehe

What about adjusting crafts for runewords? this would be a win/win since no one even crafts ?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: aolin

I could defiantly see *Mephisto's idea being more viable! this would actually give a use for crafted items and all the low runes and p gems needed for cube recipes, Rare items in their current state would be much too powerful. As you stated *game Nobody uses runewords with the exception of the aura and maybe some early game too, i have tried to make more powerful runewords in the past but it just does not work as they are too easily obtained. Perhaps Crafted Runewords is the way to go!
    Last edited by aolin; 02-11-2017 at 07:59 PM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Mephisto

Yeah it makes use of lower runes and gems, random jewels. It's a win win for sure. If @Game somehow manages to make sockets roll on a craft, and adjust some of the recipes, make a change here and there, I think it could work out really well!

User Tag List