Thread: A few more tweaks

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Addah1

A few more tweaks

First of all thank you to Game/Firehawk for the product so far, and I know you've only just recovered from the scripting frenzy last month on 6.0, but I'm still compelled to add my input for potential improvement.

1) Why does Necro have no ranged summons anymore? Why was melee zombie considered "better" than some archers/mages?
    - I think retail got this correct, just like so many other games, to provide a ranged summon to Necromancers.
    - Even using Teleport you won't get all your minions to attack a boss.
    - Keep the zombie stats and go back to Archers.

2) Skeleton/Zombie progression
    - Instead of having 6 from level 1-9 then 12 from 10+, it would be more immersive to have progression.
    - 4@lv 1. 6@lv 4. 8@lv 8. 10@lv 12. 12@lv 16.
    - This is an example, to add more sense of progression. (like the way it really should be).

3) Undead Stygian Doll still 1shots me in Durance of Hate with my 3.5k hp (no DR). Their attack/move speed is so fast I can't even spam teleport past them.

4) The new Orbs drop at a pretty crazy rate, is it possible to either lower the drop chance or make them stack to 20x?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: dattelmann

Quote Originally Posted by Addah1 View Post
    First of all thank you to Game/Firehawk for the product so far, and I know you've only just recovered from the scripting frenzy last month on 6.0, but I'm still compelled to add my input for potential improvement.

1) Why does Necro have no ranged summons anymore? Why was melee zombie considered "better" than some archers/mages?
    - I think retail got this correct, just like so many other games, to provide a ranged summon to Necromancers.
    - Even using Teleport you won't get all your minions to attack a boss.
    - Keep the zombie stats and go back to Archers.

2) Skeleton/Zombie progression
    - Instead of having 6 from level 1-9 then 12 from 10+, it would be more immersive to have progression.
    - 4@lv 1. 6@lv 4. 8@lv 8. 10@lv 12. 12@lv 16.
    - This is an example, to add more sense of progression. (like the way it really should be).

3) Undead Stygian Doll still 1shots me in Durance of Hate with my 3.5k hp (no DR). Their attack/move speed is so fast I can't even spam teleport past them.

4) The new Orbs drop at a pretty crazy rate, is it possible to either lower the drop chance or make them stack to 20x?
    THIS!

We definitely have wanted to stack orbs since the beginning, but that is a LOTTTT harder than you think. We're looking into it. #2 has also been planned a while, I am just being lazy. #3 is self explanatory, no fire resist and no DR = dead!

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    We definitely have wanted to stack orbs since the beginning, but that is a LOTTTT harder than you think. We're looking into it. #2 has also been planned a while, I am just being lazy. #3 is self explanatory, no fire resist and no DR = dead!
    Why remove the Ranged aspect of minions for summoner?

Quote Originally Posted by Addah1 View Post
    Why remove the Ranged aspect of minions for summoner?
    Ranged minions are very buggy, and I could not properly manipulate their damage, so they did almost nothing.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    Ranged minions are very buggy, and I could not properly manipulate their damage, so they did almost nothing.
    In which case I think we've circled back to some of the original problems of Necromancer before 4.0 with having too many minions, at least all in one place.

With 24 melee summons and 10 revives there's too much going on, resulting in a pretty significant loss of dps in tight spaces, and unlike with Archers (less competition for Melee to get near a target), teleport is not helping as much when Revives start roaming around, or if the boss moves a lot then skeletons will be "standing in line" waiting to attack.

If you don't think having Ranged minions is a possibility I think reducing quantity and increasing quality of minions will be the best option.

90% of summoner Hell Cow or pack clearing is due to Corpse Explosion. And any boss fight that involves movement will cause your minions to queue up to attack, whereas ranged skeletons were always hitting, or at least that was the idea.

I imagine you will say "on paper, zombies are higher dps", but to that as I've said dps is nothing if your minions spend time walking around between targets or waiting behind a wall of minions before attacking.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

You know what else you guys can do to make the orbs not fill up your inventory? Use them

User Tag List