Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GM LLD Rule Discussion

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Brimstonejack

I disagree. Having so much frw that you can outrun projectiles (not just bone spirits) while returning fire with high speed homing projectiles makes the FRW a big part of the problem. It's a unique combination that give the zons an unfair advantage in almost every scenario in LLD. The FRW is the lynchpin of the unfair advantage. I get it. You use a high FRW zon and you don't want to lose that advantage. But I think my idea of having frw caps for all characters with the cap being higher for zons, since their mobility IS so crucial to their play is an idea we should explore. Not so fast that she can outrun projectiles, but faster than anyone except maybe a vigor din or feral rage druid fully charged.
    "Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke." - J.R. "Bob" Dobbs

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Parc

Quote Originally Posted by Brimstonejack View Post
    I get it. You use a high FRW zon and you don't want to lose that advantage.
    To be quite honest I want to see zon nerfed too, it's not a character I enjoy playing. But like I said, capping frw isn't gonna make them not op. But I mean, feel free to cap frw; it's not going to change anything. I guess results are going to be way more convincing than my words.

Gold
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: lockzilla89
    Annihilus Account: Lockzilla

I'll shut down this. WSGing will not be a rule in d2pk. LLD or HLD its just not going to happen. We are open to other suggestions though. Also Enigma of Peace won't be added either. It just ruins LLD. Not to mention its just to overpowered as high level dueling as well.
    Watch me Stream Events and End Game Content
    https://www.twitch.tv/lockzilla89

Gold

I agree that you can't really regulate WSG. It's a play style, and a matter of opinion as to what would be considered exploiting it. You can't prove the guy using it doesn't suspect he's namelocked, etc. I disagree with your take on EoP, but that's just my opinion, and it would only be something I'd argue over if we were to take frw caps off the table. I'd be more than happy to help test to find a reasonable FRW cap, and stand by my statement that zons should have a higher FRW than other classes, but not insanely so. It shouldn't be to the point where the zon literally never has to worry about melee characters catching up to them. I would suggest we discuss off-screen spamming, since they have unlimited arrows. Running out of arrows was what kept people from doing this in vanilla, but there's no such concern on d2pk.

Gold
    View Channel: lockzilla89
    Annihilus Account: Lockzilla

I agree that you can't really regulate WSG. It's a play style, and a matter of opinion as to what would be considered exploiting it. You can't prove the guy using it doesn't suspect he's namelocked, etc. I disagree with your take on EoP, but that's just my opinion, and it would only be something I'd argue over if we were to take frw caps off the table. I'd be more than happy to help test to find a reasonable FRW cap, and stand by my statement that zons should have a higher FRW than other classes, but not insanely so. It shouldn't be to the point where the zon literally never has to worry about melee characters catching up to them. I would suggest we discuss off-screen spamming, since they have unlimited arrows. Running out of arrows was what kept people from doing this in vanilla, but there's no such concern on d2pk.
    There was not one charger or Fire Sorc in that event. Zons cannot, i mean cannot counter charger, and im pretty sure fire sorcs either. So IGA or anything doesnt have to ruled. But frw can be
    Watch me Stream Events and End Game Content
    https://www.twitch.tv/lockzilla89

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Lockzilla View Post
    There was not one charger or Fire Sorc in that event. Zons cannot, i mean cannot counter charger, and im pretty sure fire sorcs either. So IGA or anything doesnt have to ruled. But frw can be
    I can agree with that.

Gold

Another thing I'd like to bring up is the limit on life rep for es sorcs. i would understand it if we could actually put more hard points into es and tele without killing our dmg output, especially since pretty much everyone has max res, but with the current available equipment from the lld vendor, it's impossible to hit your FHR and fcr breakpoints at the same time and stay under the 15 max life rep. Even a 5 point boost to 20 would solve this. Thoughts?

Gold
    View Channel: FromTheRez
    Annihilus Account: FromTheRez

I disagree. #1: Zons can literally run circles around characters firing projectiles at them with plenty of time to return fire, and #2: spam from off screen while making sure nobody can even get on their screen. If somebody teles on their screen, see #1. And using the tele stick to get on their screen? Great. You just lost all your block and got hit by half a dozen GA. We need either a frw cap or enigma of peace so we can block while teleporting. And before anyone chimes in with some garbage about eop "breaking LLD," EVERYONE can use it, so it doesn't give any unfair advantages. It does allow for a ton of new builds, just like enigma does in HLD.
    Also, most GA dmg doesn't come from hard points. It comes from gear points and charms. I propose a compromise: FRW caps for zons can be slightly higher than other builds so she still has a bit of a mobility advantage. Need more moboility? Use the tele stick. Or EoP.
    "Huuuhr duuuhrrr we need eop but tele staff is bm"
    your logic is fucked

for real, please never bring that garbage armor into LLD here

Gold
    View Channel: FromTheRez
    Annihilus Account: FromTheRez

Another thing I'd like to bring up is the limit on life rep for es sorcs. i would understand it if we could actually put more hard points into es and tele without killing our dmg output, especially since pretty much everyone has max res, but with the current available equipment from the lld vendor, it's impossible to hit your FHR and fcr breakpoints at the same time and stay under the 15 max life rep. Even a 5 point boost to 20 would solve this. Thoughts?
    also, yes it is.
    belt + amulet, boom, 15 rep.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by FromTheRez View Post
    "Huuuhr duuuhrrr we need eop but tele staff is bm"
    your logic is fucked

for real, please never bring that garbage armor into LLD here
    Never said tele staff was bm. I sad it was a poor option, based on the idea that in order to use it, you're ditching your ability to block, as well as taking a hit to your resists. In essence, I was clearly stating that it was UNDERpowered, not Op, or BM. I also never stated that we NEED EoP, but rather it would be another option if we don't want to place limits on FRW. But please, continue to make ableist statements while proving that you lack basic reading comprehension skills. Or just keep getting mad that people are looking for ways to fix issues you seem all too happy to let slide, so long as it means you get to keep exploiting overpowered characters. Cheers,
    Last edited by Brimstonejack; 01-11-2017 at 04:13 AM.

User Tag List