Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous suggestions and recommendations

Gold
    Annihilus Account: vaudeville

Miscellaneous suggestions and recommendations

1) Regarding dreamland bosses.

In particular, I want to mention Kaalut or even the snake boss. I just thought I'd point out (and I'm trying to keep the reset in mind here), that probably the dreamland map itself ought to be modded a bit because of the fact that you can pretty easily just snipe both these bosses to death (you can lure Kaalut to a corner of the wall opposite where he is and just use poison maelstrom or anything else on him from a safe distance), and they pretty much can't do anything about it (except Kaalut if he has teleport). Seems a bit unfair when I think about it. I think it's something worth considering at least.

2) Blue organs and/or caches

I think Jared and I (and others I think) made similar points regarding both, that is, that blue organs at least ought to be a bit harder to get. This will reduce the abuse of people farming azathoth for caches to get dreamland items. How much harder, I don't know. I'd have to see the current drop rates on blue organs. Perhaps at least double what it is now.

Gold

3) Clan charms or effects?

Made this suggestion elsewhere, but I'll bring it up again. The point was just to wonder if say specific charms like effect stones and/or dyes could be made for certain clans so that all members of such will clearly stand out from other clans and look uniform (for the most part assuming members of such don't have other effect stones or dyes), or though boring, the clan name could appear above a players heads for simple identification.

Obviously something like this should require it be bought with gold since it would be a custom item which will be more work for the developer(s). I do hope of all my suggestions made here or elsewhere, this one is really considered.

PS: Just to throw it out there, and I know this is getting into wishful thinking territory, but I had also considered that such charms could additionally give some unique (only one bonus) and uniform clan bonus to all members though I don't expect such a bonus to be anything remarkable say such gives:

5 to 10 to vitality,
    5 to 10 to energy,
    5 to 10 to strength,
    5 to 10 to dexterity,
    ? to extra defense,
    ? extra AR, etc.)
    at least 1% life steal or 5 to life per hit,
    at least 1% mana steal or 5 to mana per hit,
    ? to fhr
    at least 5 to all resistances
    ? to faster walk and run
    % extra damage to demons, the undead, or etc.
    and much more

Or perhaps such could give practically worthless stats just to be funny like say:

1000% extra gold dropped,
    + (no more than 100) extra elemental damage,
    + ? to stamina,
    + ? to light radius,
    damage reduced by ? (not a percentage but some number not exceeding say a 100),
    attacker takes damage of ?,

Again, just to note, I know the latter part is a lot of wishful thinking. Just amuse yourselves on the thought at least. Also just to note, I am additionally considering that such bonuses shouldn't be great so that no one really things of abusing such i.e. having other clan charms (which if such had an effect would instantly prove such at a glance), though I doubt most people anyway (well except Jared of course) would go to that length considering that I am recommending such costs gold.
    Last edited by vaudeville; 05-11-2016 at 05:49 PM.

Gold

4) Add a FAQ sub-forum perhaps under the Help Section or Wiki (note: if you like, I wouldn't mind putting in as much as I know in a long list of general questions newcomers may have not pertaining to specific builds).
    Last edited by vaudeville; 05-12-2016 at 11:39 AM.

Gold

5) Add a sub-forum added some place perhaps displaying the best crafted item a person has

Quote Originally Posted by vaudeville View Post
    5) Add a sub-forum added some place perhaps displaying the best crafted item a person has
    I feel like you're trolling at this point or something dude. You realize there is a Trophy Room subforum? There is also a FAQ on the front page.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    I feel like you're trolling at this point or something dude. You realize there is a Trophy Room subforum? There is also a FAQ on the front page.
    I do realize there is a trophy room sub-forum which is not what I mentioned unless that room was meant for more than just posting rare items you found which I hadn't heard of. Had I known that, I wouldn't have asked.

Yes, there is a FAQ in the front page that deals mostly with basic questions about the server. My request was meant to be something more in depth which I volunteered myself to deal with so far as coming up with Q&A. I don't see how that qualifies as trolling.

I do realize there is a trophy room sub-forum which is not what I mentioned unless that room was meant for more than just posting rare items you found which I hadn't heard of. Had I known that, I wouldn't have asked.

Yes, there is a FAQ in the front page that deals mostly with basic questions about the server. My request was meant to be something more in depth which I volunteered myself to deal with so far as coming up with Q&A. I don't see how that qualifies as trolling.
    Trophy Room is for any amazing items, it isn't labelled as just rares. As for the FAQ I meant we could add to it with valid questions that are really asked a lot, but adding tons of sub-forums is just sloppy especially when there are places designed for those already

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    Trophy Room is for any amazing items, it isn't labelled as just rares. As for the FAQ I meant we could add to it with valid questions that are really asked a lot, but adding tons of sub-forums is just sloppy especially when there are places designed for those already
    Yeah, that is true on the latter part. It would get annoying eventually to have to find a good guide through the forum which is not referred to/linked.

On another note, I made a somewhat long post(s) regarding how to deal with the reset in terms of getting as many items asap (that's sort of why I even asked for a more in depth FAQ to some extent). Right now I listed such under my clan faze post because I felt that this would be best done as a tight knit bunch you can count on. If all of it seems sensible to you or any older veteran player(s), I'll do this again (with any added input in mind) in a word document and then submit it to you all for preview. I think I got the gist of things as they are now and likely will be. I trust you'll like what so far was posted. It isn't meant to be fullproof, but it should get the vast majority up to speed.

I'd also ask you keep in mind a few things regarding the above

1) I am assuming that I and others will be around for zero hour or close to it essentially (I could make a simpler one that assumes some newcomer came in say at least 2 to 4 weeks after where the beginning part won't matter to them).

2) That such will be based on my experiences of course (or in other words, not being as lucky as apparently everyone else), and

3) The new patch with the reset will not change things up significantly which would change the overall beginning reset strategy that much although I don't think you'll weigh in on that angle too much since that would spoil things. I already know the assassin and druid are getting buffed in terms of skills, but I have no idea how they'll play out well during what I mentioned to be the "grinding" phase of the end-game content. At the very least, we know they can (well minus probably the Shapeshifting druid) farm cows once they get their starting equipment, so they can do that much at least. If the "Kicksin" turns out to be very viable with bosses, then that will be an easy edit to include such for frag runs and perhaps even dreamland bosses.

Anyway, I suppose if you really like it you could have it tagged/referred to guide which will probably have to be edited after the reset which I won't mind.
    Last edited by vaudeville; 05-12-2016 at 07:18 PM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: gtoes

3) Clan charms or effects?

Made this suggestion elsewhere, but I'll bring it up again. The point was just to wonder if say specific charms like effect stones and/or dyes could be made for certain clans so that all members of such will clearly stand out from other clans and look uniform (for the most part assuming members of such don't have other effect stones or dyes), or though boring, the clan name could appear above a players heads for simple identification.

Obviously something like this should require it be bought with gold since it would be a custom item which will be more work for the developer(s). I do hope of all my suggestions made here or elsewhere, this one is really considered.

PS: Just to throw it out there, and I know this is getting into wishful thinking territory, but I had also considered that such charms could additionally give some unique (only one bonus) and uniform clan bonus to all members though I don't expect such a bonus to be anything remarkable say such gives:

5 to 10 to vitality,
    5 to 10 to energy,
    5 to 10 to strength,
    5 to 10 to dexterity,
    ? to extra defense,
    ? extra AR, etc.)
    at least 1% life steal or 5 to life per hit,
    at least 1% mana steal or 5 to mana per hit,
    ? to fhr
    at least 5 to all resistances
    ? to faster walk and run
    % extra damage to demons, the undead, or etc.
    and much more

Or perhaps such could give practically worthless stats just to be funny like say:

1000% extra gold dropped,
    + (no more than 100) extra elemental damage,
    + ? to stamina,
    + ? to light radius,
    damage reduced by ? (not a percentage but some number not exceeding say a 100),
    attacker takes damage of ?,

Again, just to note, I know the latter part is a lot of wishful thinking. Just amuse yourselves on the thought at least. Also just to note, I am additionally considering that such bonuses shouldn't be great so that no one really things of abusing such i.e. having other clan charms (which if such had an effect would instantly prove such at a glance), though I doubt most people anyway (well except Jared of course) would go to that length considering that I am recommending such costs gold.
    @vaudeville

You are completely clueless how d2 mechanics work and clans have always identified themselves by putting the clan tag before the character name (ex: Eg-Zeus) why would anyone want to change that now with an annoying nv or a tag that floats over their head. Clans are typically competitive and competitive players in general are not fans of annoying animations distracting them while dueling.

You list mods as being "less than remarkable" (ex: fhr/life per hit/stat points/frw) or "useless" (ex: elemental dmg/dmg reduced by integer) that could potentially break the balance of the game.
    Even on the anni side pvp is planned to eventually become a part of the realm and adding a bunch of thoughtless mods to items specifically for clans is the most absurd suggestion I think I've ever read on a private realm forum and I've been around a long time.

Its clear to me your understanding of this game is not up to par to even think about suggesting anything regarding game balance or item balance and your probably better off sticking to magic finding.
    Last edited by Jekel; 05-12-2016 at 07:27 PM.

Gold

@ Jekel

Your reply has to be one of the stupidest ones I've read which is saying something considering the few the trolls and flamers I've come across here. It is clear to me you're one of those people that like not to read/comprehend every sentence I wrote (never mind paragraph) but instead prefer to focus on a few things I wrote and then take them out of context, so let me break it down for you where you're a 100% wrong.

1) First and foremost, I am free to make such requests/suggestions that I believe are in the powers of the staff here and which I hope would improve people's overall experience here, and they are free to take such under consideration and politely tell me no if it's too much trouble for them or that they think it'll be a problem for whatever reason.

2) This suggestion was always meant to be paid by gold because it would likely be a custom item with perhaps some of the ideas I floated around. That means, that even if such somehow could break the game (...which I'll get back to that "point" in a moment), that could always be easily rectified if such was fairly expensive say at the very minimum each charm would cost 500 gold if not more. Apparently you never even bothered considering the importance of this charm needing to be bought which is enough proof to anyone you didn't care about everything else I wrote.

3) You're meant to get one only if you're in a clan which is further means the staff could use to avoid abuse since they essentially endorse clan membership.

4) On a related note to the above, if somehow such a charm could be abused then the staff here could make such take up so much room in your inventory that its not worthwhile to use, but I take it you considered that ahead of me since you understand Diablo 2's mechanics better than me.

5) I'll admit this suggestion along with a few others I've made ought to have been put under the Annihilus suggestion forums instead of general suggestions forum (though I still don't see a problem with it to be in either realm, but I'll get to that later). If you had so much of a problem with this suggestion in the D2PK realm which is meant for pvp, than you could have politely just asked that the suggestion not apply there, but of course you chose not to be polite about it.

6) I'm pretty sure with what I said, that this charm was meant to held one at a time. What I mean by this is that if need be (assuming coding such will not be a problem) it ought to be designed in such a way where a player can only have one of such like Alkor's head or the annihilus charm to again avoid breaking things.

7) If somehow such items could break pvp (...somehow), then why not just ask people not use them then? Why do you think I considered that such should have an effect as well? So that then you would easily tell if someone even had the charm (or perhaps if the above point failed that is somehow that player has two clan charms), but I guess asking for people not to use certain skills or items in a duel is too much for you right?

8) Pvp (never mind pvm so much as certain builds go) on the annihilus side is already broken regardless of items, and I doubt will be mended anytime soon. How would some plus 5 to energy clan charm break pvp when I can already find any regular charm that could do that if not better? This isn't even an argument.

9) The above charms, are meant only to give one of the above stats listed. I specifically said (only one bonus) which you even quoted me as saying. The list of traits mentioned are not a packaged deal.

10) "Clans are typically competitive and competitive players in general are not fans of annoying animations distracting them while dueling". As far as the Annihilus realm goes, I have yet to come across any player that felt distracted or annoyed by all the meaningless animations you have a problem with. Same goes pretty much with D2Pk, though I see a lot less of it only because players don't want to buy them, so I have no idea what you're talking about it. I guess you believe there aren't any competitive clans in this server right now anyway.

11) "You are completely clueless how d2 mechanics work and clans have always identified themselves by putting the clan tag before the character name (ex: Eg-Zeus) why would anyone want to change that now with an annoying nv or a tag that floats over their head."

A) This is the part where I know you're one of those people who like to skim over essentially what anyone else wrote just so you can have an excuse to complain. Never, I repeat never did I say that the name had to be removed from the party screen so that it could be put a top of one's head. Tell me where I specifically said that must be done. Tell me.

B) Having the name over your head or as some kind of tag was an alternative proposed if it would be too much of a hassle to make special effects for individual clans or are suggestions not allowed anymore?

12) "You list mods as being "less than remarkable" (ex: fhr/life per hit/stat points/frw) or "useless" (ex: elemental dmg/dmg reduced by integer) that could potentially break the balance of the game."

A) This is even further proof positive you clearly didn't read or care with what I said. First of all, the supposed "less than remarkable" mods you claimed I mentioned weren't listed with such things such as 1000% extra gold dropped. Those were two different categories.

B) Secondly, all of the possible good bonuses or worthless traits listed all of those were just general ideas which may or may not be considered or again, is pondering aloud a crime here?

C) So let me make sure I understand this right. You mentioned fhr, stat points, and frw all of can be found in numerous charms in the Annihilus realm and then some and even in the D2Pk realm which is more pvp orientated and you have the arrogance to lecture me about potentially breaking the balance of the game when those exist already in abundance in both realms FOR FREE?

E) Really? More in-game gold which is worthless will break the game? Greater light radius? How about more stamina? That will surely break the game right? You know I mentioned those too right as general ideas or are we not allowed to think anymore?

F) While we're on the subject of breaking the game, tell me who do you think will want to attempt to break the game at the cost of say 500 or more account gold for a charm that gives a measly 5 to fhr plus some effect when I can get that the same For Free (but without the effect) anywhere else or did you forget the charm the cost of such because you refuse to read?

G) But hey why stop there? Let's go further and remove io, lum, ko, and fal runes because when socketed they give stat points, and let's not forget they're free on D2PK! Everyone here knows it would be wiser to buy a specific clan charm that could cost a fortune which gives them the same traits as any other charm they can find or rune, gem, or jewel they can socket, etc.

H) Tell me how a sorceress with some more strength will break pvp (in either realm). How about an elemental druid with more dexterity? How about more resistances for a Barbarian that has already capped such with natural resistances? I bet that's the problem there isn't it?
    Last edited by vaudeville; 05-13-2016 at 12:46 AM.

User Tag List