Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An in depth analysis of Faith of Ice Grand Matron Bow

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Bloop3

yes people use foi on regular d2 realms to hit max ga ias bps with a rare circ, that doesnt mean its good. the problem with this is the fact that when they switch to their jav side they lose a light fury bp. most people arent really smart enough to realize the importance of this. they just see an extra 20% ias and think "omg its so good". they'd probably be better off using a dungos instead of the rare circ tbh. as far as the math behind the damage goes ill leave that to chef.

the only time Id personally use a foi is on something like a ward / diamond/ shadow bow faith with an eth 40ias jav on switch.

this allows you to not only use a rare circ, it also allows you to give up a 40/15 in one of the slots in favor of something like a 30ed/9dex/9str or 4rep/30cold res or 10 all res jewel or even a 30 max damage jewel if you wish since the ed min max bug doesnt apply in particular situations. Its been a long time since I actually tested the usefulness of a 30 max damage jewel tbh so i cant remember which exact build prefers it, but Iirc it depends on the amount of dex you use on your bowa.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpvp View Post
    And if you are going for damage, foi is worse. Facts are facts. The only thing the Zon circ adds is str/res. +2 to zon MIGHT gain 1% of dodge. Hardly worth a loss of 40% off wep ED. Nor is the 10% you gain via +2 to ga.

You can argue the dex, as that is 20% dmg but unless you are glass cannon you only put stats for gear. Math is correct. Maybe not the idea you are thinking of/what is "best" as a skilled player can use worse gear and win a 1v1, it is pure numeral values to what the damage difference is. And join d2pk with your "best build" because again, no Zons I know of run it and I don't play nl d2.
    as far as your statement about the dex goes and whether the stats are worth a loss of 40% damage, unless you are a glass cannon (in which case just roll a diff class cuz youre bad) the dex just gives an additional 60 life before bo like you said. BUT the whole concept behind a vita bow is that a dead zon doesnt do any damage so investing in your survivability may lower your dps but increases your damage done over the course of a duel and wins duels for you. as far as survivability goes your effective health pool increases pretty drastically with minor investments into your survivability on a zon which is why its ok to lose out on a little damage in exchange for some resists and life etc etc. so the point im making is that the stats are an indirect damage increase not a direct one. and honestly youd probably have a rough time calculating that because with damage its just a regular formula that has been provided that you can plug numbers into. the effective heal pool vs damage formula is so situationally based that most people dont bother to do the math they just try it out and say "wow i actually win with this". with that being said its such a good feeling seeing a creation of mine become the go-to build when for so long people were all about glass cannons haha. ah the good old days.

foi gmb is still shit tho. same with foi mb
    Last edited by Bloop; 03-31-2017 at 07:32 PM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: nedamettin

damn this topic is so deep. what i wanna know is... jewels dont give dmg if they got %ed on them? shit i didn't know that

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Vorpvp

Quote Originally Posted by nedamettin View Post
    damn this topic is so deep. what i wanna know is... jewels dont give dmg if they got %ed on them? shit i didn't know that
    If a jewel gives +to minimum damage, +to maximum damage, or both with ed% on them, it will bug if it is not in your weapon slot.

For instance, if I put on a 40%/15 max jewel. Say I wanna throw that in my helm. What will happen is, I gain 15 max damage and 40% increased minimum damage. Or vice versa. if I have a rare jewel with say, 30% ED/9 max/4 min and put it in my helm, it has 0 effect at all. It's a weird thing with jewels. If you were to put that same 40%/15 max in your weapon, however, it would work perfectly fine.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: nedamettin

im talking about anni's sake and not d2pk, would %ed lph be better than lets say... dragon jewels?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Vorpvp

Well, this is a pk thread.. I'll answer but in the future you should make a thread on the anni subforum.

Either way, it doesn't matter. A 60% ED/high lph jewel in anni is WAY better than a Dragon jewel, but a dragon jewel also has phys/magic res and since magic res is hard to come by, dragon jewels are very good. People don't give them as much props as they should imho

User Tag List