Thread: [Skill Effect Stone] Shield Throw - Thunder Hammer

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Thor

[Skill Effect Stone] Shield Throw - Thunder Hammer

First off, the fact we have animation changing mechanics in Diablo 2 is absolutely amazing so my hat tips to you, @Game. Now for my suggestion:

This may be a biased suggestion but holy would it ever be cool. Basically instead of the shield spinning around with it's already weird animation and smoke behind it, (no offense intended), how about we throw a massive hammer that ricochets between the targets? I am not 100% sure if it's possible, but if you could make the stone change the effect of shield throw into the Windhammer (Ogre Maul) animation, that would be absolutely legendary in every possible way The reason why I chose Windhammer as the possible animation change, is because firstly, the hammer head is that blueish metallic visual just like Thor's hammer in Thor (2011) Secondly, the actual handle itself looks like it's wrapped in leather with some on the very bottom dangling just like the mighty hammer Mjolnir. Take out the smoke that follows behind it as well. Now I also don't know if this next part is possible but make the hammer fly straight just like in the films and comics. The hammer didn't topple end-over-end. Honestly, even if the animation looked like an Ogre Maul flying instead of a Kite Shield, i'd be happy.

Thanks for taking a read, cheers!

EDIT: Also instead of a Shield Block sound for every time it bounces off a target, it should be the Reinforced Mace audio file. Has a nice solid thud/crack to it.
    Last edited by Thor; 10-11-2016 at 12:36 PM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

I love this idea but I've always imagined Thor as being more of a Paladin since he uses lightening. In fact, I think that the Blessed Hammer skill should be reimagined into something that funtions more like shield throw with the animation that you described but that's just me Even if it just fired two or three hammers in a shotgun pattern that would be cool. Have an enchant like frostfire to make it even more powerful. In this mod where everything moves really fast and is in your face instantly, standing still to cast a spell that swirls around you and misses enemies that are right on top of you will never be truely be viable for anything but cows.
    Last edited by LordManhammer; 10-11-2016 at 01:03 PM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Thor

Quote Originally Posted by LordManhammer View Post
    I love this idea but I've always imagined Thor as being more of a Paladin since he uses lightening. In fact, I think that the Blessed Hammer skill should be reimagined into something that funtions more like shield throw with the animation that you described but that's just me Even if it just fired two or three hammers in a shotgun pattern that would be cool. Have an enchant like frostfire to make it even more powerful. In this mod where everything moves really fast and is in your face instantly, standing still to caster a spell that swirls around you and misses enemies that are right on top of you will never be truely viable for anything but cows.
    That would be pretty cool as well Good point

User Tag List