View Poll Results: Should Pbox type items be given out as a prize on events?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 68.42%
  • No

6 31.58%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Event Prizes

Gold
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: lockzilla89
    Annihilus Account: Lockzilla

Quote Originally Posted by nedamettin View Post
    clanman tournament is a complete bust. why not make a 1v1 or 2v2 pvp event with everything anni has to offer allowed? people can actually try to build up metas and try to counter others. i know things arent balanced for pvp but still when ppl was taking a huge d from lukifer's ww barb i oneshotted him with skental burst el druin proc which is absurd aint it? i think people are gonna complain about x class every week but they will play anyway because you can try new stuff unlike clanman events.
    oh boy how i would love to try to 2v2s, but in order to have a 2v2 on anything, you would need, wait for it. signups!!!! Yes.. That pesky thing called signups. I would need 8 random people signing up, for a total of 4 teams.
    Watch me Stream Events and End Game Content
    https://www.twitch.tv/lockzilla89

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Bloop3

Quote Originally Posted by Lockzilla View Post
    oh boy how i would love to try to 2v2s, but in order to have a 2v2 on anything, you would need, wait for it. signups!!!! Yes.. That pesky thing called signups. I would need 8 random people signing up, for a total of 4 teams.
    it sounds like a good thing to try, although in the long term I think it would just end up being 1 particular comp dominating every time. Then again I've never enjoyed how stale the barb/druid/nec/sin meta was but alot of other people seemed to love it so maybe theres nothing wrong with that :P

I say go for it, you could even do like 3 teams of 2 ffa if only 6 people join or just a 2v2 if only 4 join.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Brimstonejack

Back to the original topic, people are saying they don't want better prizes from tournaments because they're worried that clans will win them? in other words, punish everybody because a clan has a better chance of winning certain tournaments? That sounds like salty bitchery to me. I left Lock before it disbanded, and I still entered tournaments. I didn't come on here bitching about my former clan having an advantage. Of COURSE clans will have an advantage in certain areas in SOCIAL games, where you're SUPPOSED to interact with one another. Get over it. Or join/form a clan. Or just get better.
    "Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke." - J.R. "Bob" Dobbs

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Bloop3

Quote Originally Posted by Brimstonejack View Post
    Back to the original topic, people are saying they don't want better prizes from tournaments because they're worried that clans will win them? in other words, punish everybody because a clan has a better chance of winning certain tournaments? That sounds like salty bitchery to me. I left Lock before it disbanded, and I still entered tournaments. I didn't come on here bitching about my former clan having an advantage. Of COURSE clans will have an advantage in certain areas in SOCIAL games, where you're SUPPOSED to interact with one another. Get over it. Or join/form a clan. Or just get better.
    Realistically im the only one who posted anything that could be considered "salty bitchery" so im going to go ahead and assume youre talking to me. I have no reason to be salty about my friends getting easy marks. I dont want anyone to get "punished", I already have formed a clan, Im already one of the more skilled players around. My assumption when posting my thoughts is that the event managers are trying to give out interesting rewards in order to make more people participate in events. My views and ideas are based on the goal of facilitating that happening. I dont see how a "git gud nub" approach is really going to help the community in the long run. If those players were capable of getting good they probably would have after 15+ years of playing d2 :P. Once again, I dont think the players with higher skill levels shouldnt get rewarded for being better I just dont see the point in making the rich richer and the poor poorer.

Have a wonderful day
    Last edited by Bloop; 03-29-2017 at 12:08 AM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: nedamettin

who said diablo 2 is a social game? if you make a FREE FOR ALL event that is supposed to be FREE FOR ALL and not a TEAM VERSUS PLEBS match.

also for the arguement "a certain comp would win all 2v2s", no. this is diablo 2, anything can be countered by something. meta will shift all the time and people will actually spend time on making different pvp oriented, probably much more defensive builds which will consume time and wont make server drop %80 of the player base after a few months i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockzilla View Post
    this is why prizes would get better but not with clanman events.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Scorchz

Quote Originally Posted by Bloop View Post
    Realistically im the only one who posted anything that could be considered "salty bitchery" so im going to go ahead and assume youre talking to me. I have no reason to be salty about my friends getting easy marks. I dont want anyone to get "punished", I already have formed a clan, Im already one of the more skilled players around. My assumption when posting my thoughts is that the event managers are trying to give out interesting rewards in order to make more people participate in events. My views and ideas are based on the goal of facilitating that happening. I dont see how a "git gud nub" approach is really going to help the community in the long run. If those players were capable of getting good they probably would have after 15+ years of playing d2 :P. Once again, I dont think the players with higher skill levels shouldnt get rewarded for being better I just dont see the point in making the rich richer and the poor poorer.

Have a wonderful day
    amen

Gold
    Annihilus Account: RevanDarth

I don't know how many times i said that big events will not be ffa, i do not know how the hell can a clan team up in a single elimination tourney. I like your toughts bloop, that is why there is 5 prizes and not 3 so people sign up. Also i can't ban teaming up on ffa events, how do you supose i tell people "Don't attack him, go attack that player" you can't enforce that. Also if you want to go assume I am making bigger prizes so my clan can win them you are assuming wrong. I volunteer here, every event i make takes 3-4 hours of my time to prepare and host properly. People will team up on events just because its easier to win, being in a clan or not, it will happen. Either you guys dont read what i'm writing, the event with Mark as a prize WILL NOT BE FFA. And I'm a Head Event Manager my job in staff is to manage events, make new event types etc. I'm not here to enforce any rules or to discipline anyone other then event connected things.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: bonnell21

i agree with u raven .. all it comes down to id these events are 4 people to test there skill and have fun and mabby win a prize ... we are luvky to have people that want to run these events and help others grow in the server ... as 4 clan team ups lol clans are free to join most of the time just join 1 have fun with others and try to win test yr skill

Gold
    Annihilus Account: RevanDarth

Well yea i don't see a point in fighting over this, my goal is to make rewarding more diverse as not all players find gold as usefull as in game items. You will be able to choose, if you want fixed ammount of gold or Pbox type item. I do not plan to make this easy on anyone, thats why the events will be single elimination tournaments. We can do it in softcore so you guys can do it FT3 so nobody complains about misclicking, mistakes etc. I'm here to take in your opinions on what is best. I know every one of you want this as prize but you're afraid somebody will get upper hand. I assure you all, this will be legit as it can be.

User Tag List