Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Annihilus 7.0, future plans, and what lies ahead

Gold
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: adestinyguy
    Annihilus Account: Reap

Cant wait!

Quote Originally Posted by DacFarren View Post
    Player Count will no longer increase the amount of items dropped. There will be a new stat on items that will "increase quantity of items dropped" that will work the same way as the Player Count buff used to. 100% increase quantity will be the cap, giving you the same result as players 8. The way this reads is that in order to have the players 8 drop, you MUST have the 100% drop rate on your gear...and that even if you have 64 players in the game the drop rate will be players 1? This is a TERRIBLE idea IMHO. Why make drop rate a stat on items when other servers simply have it standard?
    It seems I didn't explain well, but then again you cannot look at "drops" the same as you do now. It is totally different in how items will work in general.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Gothix

Okay. I trust your judgement. I guess it was just worded wrong.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lampogriz

• Monster Resistances are no longer a "thing". All monsters will have 0 resistances to all elements by default, and will only rarely have any sort of resistances. Certain monster types will have minor resistances, an example would be all Demons would have 25% fire resistance. There will also be many more monster types as there are only a few now. Rare / Superunique monster properties such as being "Fire Enchanted" would also cause them to have some fire resistance. We will be removing the resistance UI from below the monster health bar completely as it will not be necessary.
    Does it mean there will be no more immune or high res monsters, including bosses?

• Relative to the resistance change, "resistance pierce" as a stat will be all but removed. There will be VERY rare instances of it showing up on an item, but it will not be a primary stat, and definitely not something you build around or can stack.
    - What will happen with conviction aura, lower res, decrep and amp curse skills?
    - Would you also remove pierce from facets, cain jools and some vanilla rws like phoenix, doom, hoj, crecent, etc ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lampogriz View Post
    Does it mean there will be no more immune or high res monsters, including bosses?

- What will happen with conviction aura, lower res, decrep and amp curse skills?
    - Would you also remove pierce from facets, cain jools and some vanilla rws like phoenix, doom, hoj, crecent, etc ?
    There will be no more immune monsters except for EXTREMELY rare cases. Bosses will be using high life / all damage reduced for their tankiness now. It feels bad to be crippled just because of your element you're playing. Conviction / similar auras / curses will still lower resistances, but will cap at -25%. It will be removed from all items, including the ones you mentioned, and replaced with something else. It may still show up on an item in again, EXTREMELY rare cases, but don't expect to see it much.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Gothix

Would kill to see a serious buff added to frost nova....

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Fitsu

Will player count still effect XP gains? As I assume the point of making it so that player count doesn't effect drops was to reduce the amount of loaders feel required to use. Yet I imagine people will still feel required to use loaders if it increases XP gains.

Gold
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: saesarandomd2
    Annihilus Account: saesa

Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    Will player count still effect XP gains? As I assume the point of making it so that player count doesn't effect drops was to reduce the amount of loaders feel required to use. Yet I imagine people will still feel required to use loaders if it increases XP gains.
    Stat such as incresed player count also increases experience gain would fix this Nothing impossible for those guys!

Quote Originally Posted by imbanieuser View Post
    asasin has no damage at all. thats it. need remake new powerfull skill.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: nedamettin

god this pierce/skill dmg meta is awful anyway. i'm glad to see it'll be changed. and i agree on gothix about progression. as everyone knows im one of the people who plays at most a month at start of the ladder then cry about some huge rng-based progression or the lack of progression and quit until next ladder (like now). i think everything should be harder and having 2 maxed out characters should be maximum for most dedicated players, progress-wise. and i'd also love to see the gap between end game and mid game close a bit. right now, one item may change your whole gameplay or you may be doomed by rng and never have that timing you are looking for because of that one item not dropping.

i'd suggest something like this: cube 3 trial items to get a token of dedication. which can be turned in for a random rolled trial item of your choice. price may differ depending on which item you buy since band or el'druin has a lower chance compared to um.. crown of poopy heavens?

Quote Originally Posted by nedamettin View Post
    god this pierce/skill dmg meta is awful anyway. i'm glad to see it'll be changed. and i agree on gothix about progression. as everyone knows im one of the people who plays at most a month at start of the ladder then cry about some huge rng-based progression or the lack of progression and quit until next ladder (like now). i think everything should be harder and having 2 maxed out characters should be maximum for most dedicated players, progress-wise. and i'd also love to see the gap between end game and mid game close a bit. right now, one item may change your whole gameplay or you may be doomed by rng and never have that timing you are looking for because of that one item not dropping.

i'd suggest something like this: cube 3 trial items to get a token of dedication. which can be turned in for a random rolled trial item of your choice. price may differ depending on which item you buy since band or el'druin has a lower chance compared to um.. crown of poopy heavens?
    That crown is pretty sought after... did you play this ladder? Anyways as mentioned in the announcement, progression is completely changed, there will not be huge gaps anymore. Also there are no more trials.

User Tag List