Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: questions regarding blessed hammer

Gold
    Annihilus Account: diablor

questions regarding blessed hammer

Thanks in advance

1. Does concentration still work with both the magical and physical part of the skill? The character screen only shows part of the damage. (physical part or magic part, I cant determine which as theyre equal and I dont have anything with %magic damage atm) See the picture below.

2. How does deadly strike work with the skill and when is it applied? Does it only get applied to the physical portion of the skill or to the whole damage? Also, is it applied before or after concentration is applied?
    -I suppose this also applies to skills such as shield throw and shuriken flip where weapon damage is added to skill damage although they are only physical. Does deadly strike apply to (weapon + skill damage) or just to weapon damage?

3. Is the skill blockable now that it has a physical component? If so would the magic component still do damage?
    Last edited by rrra; 07-03-2016 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rrra View Post
    Thanks in advance

1. Does concentration still work with both the magical and physical part of the skill? The character screen only shows part of the damage. (physical part or magic part, I cant determine which as theyre equal and I dont have anything with %magic damage atm) See the picture below.

2. How does deadly strike work with the skill and when is it applied? Does it only get applied to the physical portion of the skill or to the whole damage? Also, is it applied before or after concentration is applied?
    -I suppose this also applies to skills such as shield throw and shuriken flip where weapon damage is added to skill damage although they are only physical. Does deadly strike apply to (weapon + skill damage) or just to weapon damage?

3. Is the skill blockable now that it has a physical component? If so would the magic component still do damage?
    Concentration will affect both the magic and weapon damage part of the skill.

Deadly strike only applies to the weapon damage portion. Look at your basic attack damage, get 3/4 of that, that's how much is added to your hammer damage. This also means things like +damage like on grief will also add to it though.

It (should) be blockable, and it blocks the whole hit.

Hammers in my opinion have potential to be VERY strong if built right with a weapon damage / caster hybrid build. I don't think many have tested it yet.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

Am I missing something here? Why does mine only show magic damage on the tooltip?
    Last edited by LordManhammer; 07-03-2016 at 09:22 PM.

Gold

Nevermind. I changed auras a couple times and it started displaying correctly.

It won't separate the damage on the character chart anyways, cannot really rely on that!

i have a hdin build, 62k hammers but i'm kind of underwhelmed, but it's still a work in progress, hoping to eventually try to get to 80k or higher depending on how much phys damage can play a role in the build

it does, however, hit for 15k per hammer in pvp, kind of hilarious

Gold

Are you using a two hand weapon? I heard someone talking about using a buster sword because of the constant procs.

Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    i have a hdin build, 62k hammers but i'm kind of underwhelmed, but it's still a work in progress, hoping to eventually try to get to 80k or higher depending on how much phys damage can play a role in the build

it does, however, hit for 15k per hammer in pvp, kind of hilarious
    Are you using max crushing blow?

Quote Originally Posted by LordManhammer View Post
    Are you using a two hand weapon? I heard someone talking about using a buster sword because of the constant procs.
    no, but this is on the list of things to test when i get an eth bsword, along with cth phys set, im saving up 5x dragonslayer jewels just for testing as well

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    Are you using max crushing blow?
    no i wasnt, i was stacking magic damage exclusively, every gear fully 15% magic dmg enchanted, all perf rolls on magic dmg or -%magic res for every piece of gear. going towards a more weapon dmg focused build was next on the list, but i've kinda casted the project aside for now to try other builds, i only just recently was able to buy the cb ring from the phys set for the hdin, i'll make a post in the guides section when i get around to finishing a build that im satisfied with, if someone doesnt beat me to it anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    no, but this is on the list of things to test when i get an eth bsword, along with cth phys set, im saving up 5x dragonslayer jewels just for testing as well

no i wasnt, i was stacking magic damage exclusively, every gear fully 15% magic dmg enchanted, all perf rolls on magic dmg or -%magic res for every piece of gear. going towards a more weapon dmg focused build was next on the list, but i've kinda casted the project aside for now to try other builds, i only just recently was able to buy the cb ring from the phys set for the hdin, i'll make a post in the guides section when i get around to finishing a build that im satisfied with, if someone doesnt beat me to it anyways.
    You absolutely have to use crushing blow No reason not to.

User Tag List