Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New diffilculty sucks

Wiki Moderator
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: DAX

New diffilculty sucks

Hey, this is good that 64 characters in one game is not giving a edge anymore, but my feeling here is I won't get any close to any good in this ladder since I am not a hardcore gamer playing more then 8 hours a day....

I played a lot (for my standards) since the reset and I don't see how I can get through all the end game content (all of it... maybe 1/2 of it) in this ladder. I already cheezed the lich king, but referencing last dropping rate from last ladder, getting his unique items is so rare, that's making me abandon the game right now.

I think you made the progress curve too hard here for us non hardcore gamers.... The ugpraded difficulty is too hard right now...

I still admire your work, thank you for all of your efforts for making this game alive again... but this is not working for me and for a lot of us right now....

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by daxvid View Post
    Hey, this is good that 64 characters in one game is not giving a edge anymore, but my feeling here is I won't get any close to any good in this ladder since I am not a hardcore gamer playing more then 8 hours a day....

I played a lot (for my standards) since the reset and I don't see how I can get through all the end game content (all of it... maybe 1/2 of it) in this ladder. I already cheezed the lich king, but referencing last dropping rate from last ladder, getting his unique items is so rare, that's making me abandon the game right now.

I think you made the progress curve too hard here for us non hardcore gamers.... The ugpraded difficulty is too hard right now...

I still admire your work, thank you for all of your efforts for making this game alive again... but this is not working for me and for a lot of us right now....

Regards,
    This is the most activity we've seen and the most positive feedback we've gotten from all of the ladder resets so far daxvid. I am sorry you're having issues but there are plenty of people here who play just a few hours a day at best and have made a lot of progress. I feel like you're comparing your progress to those who do play several hours a day, and you're concerned that they can do a lot of the content already but you can't. It is literally just a week and 3 days into the ladder, I am a little dumbfounded on how you can assume you won't be able to do all of the content so early. It is completely normal someone playing a few hours a day cannot clear Mythic bosses yet. This game wasn't meant for someone playing casually to clear in a week, you need to get that idea out of your head and quit comparing your progress to others and just enjoy it. When you finally do clear the higher up content it will feel a LOT better than it would have if you were able to do it on day 2 or 3.

Also, with all of the new vanilla uniques being useful and holding a ton of value, even a casual player like you can get lucky and find a Windforce or Grandfather and sell it for tons, as they can drop from a lot of different content in Hell. That alone can get you a big boost, and it doesn't require any special bosses or farming methods. This is how Diablo 2 is designed to work, and honestly im pretty thrilled with how everything's turned out so far! I hope you don't give up.

P.S. Lich King's drop rate for his specific uniques are identical to what they were last ladder, so if this little RNG alone is making you want to abandon the game, I am not sure if Diablo 2 is the right game to invest time into, as RNG is EVERYWHERE! That's what makes it so fun and so satisfying when you get that lucky drop

Gold
    Annihilus Account: yrreiht

Im not even able to clear hell Baal so you being able to clear lich king is not so bad in term of progress.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lampogriz

1. Make amazon
    2. get free mav set
    3. farm inferno portals nad dreamlands
    4. PROFIT!

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Savior

Quote Originally Posted by Lampogriz View Post
    1. Make amazon
    2. get free mav set
    3. farm inferno portals nad dreamlands
    4. PROFIT!
    underpants-gnomes-business-model.jpg

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Brimstonejack

The whole point of endgame content is that you're not supposed to be able to self-farm gear to solo in the first week.

That being said, there are plenty of public cow games to level and get gear. And they announce Inferno cows regularly where you can do so even more. A naked warcry barb can do hell cows with plenty of mana pots. You'll die a lot, but you'll find gear for your other chars. Or you can save your gold, buy an hr from a vendor and get a full set plus some basic side gear and start crushing cows and pits. Cheers.
    "Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke." - J.R. "Bob" Dobbs

Gold
    Annihilus Account: SuperNeckBeard

This is what difficulty is all about. You HATE it at first. You want to fucking rage quit because it seems unfair. You want to send Russian super-viruses to the pros that somehow got all the gg gear within the first week of reset... but eventually, through dedication and wasted time, you gather enough gear to stomp through runs that pull even better gear. At that point you're glad it's not too easy.

I was beyond frustrated with the difficulty this ladder. I kept going with what little time I have to play every day and eventually obtained full mav and now it's easy to crush pits and DL. It takes time for people like us who can't game all day, you have to accept that. Just take it easy and you'll get there.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Savior

Quote Originally Posted by SaintSlavut View Post
    This is what difficulty is all about. You HATE it at first. You want to fucking rage quit because it seems unfair. You want to send Russian super-viruses to the pros that somehow got all the gg gear within the first week of reset... but eventually, through dedication and wasted time, you gather enough gear to stomp through runs that pull even better gear. At that point you're glad it's not too easy.

I was beyond frustrated with the difficulty this ladder. I kept going with what little time I have to play every day and eventually obtained full mav and now it's easy to crush pits and DL. It takes time for people like us who can't game all day, you have to accept that. Just take it easy and you'll get there.
    Love how you explained that, couldn't have said it better.

Gold
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: randomonions
    Annihilus Account: RandomOnions

Quote Originally Posted by SaintSlavut View Post

Totally agree

Wiki Moderator
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: DAX

Guys, I Loved Annihilus.
    Game I admire you.
    Thank you.
    I love the game, love the community, doesn't fit the situation.
    I played through the last ladder, had a lot of fun. a LOT!

What I am Saying is , 6 months to play the entire story is................................................ ...............

well, I passed my last 3 months... killing diablo'ssss ssss
    ssss
    no mark of sin.....
    killed 4000 times rift diablo with no drop.....

Whattt
    What I saw, is 20% more content (WOW, I Want to see that!!, damn.................no drop after 3000 runs....

User Tag List