Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Some ideas for 5.0

Administrator
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: acyroma

That MAY allow golems to hit the target but it will harm necros as a whole in any other situation. You can always either unsummon a few skeletons or stack all your summons and stomp the boss. Stack, not surround.

Quote Originally Posted by Addah View Post
    Could you comment on the melee range problem for a necro army, golems not often being able to get to a boss surrounded by skeletons? You could remove 5 skeletons and add 5-8 archers to basically fix the problem.

You've used this as a defense for blood golem on necro in the past, but I guess you know it hardly works.
    "Defense" huh? It's not an excuse, its the truth. Even prevent monster heal on the player's gear itself often doesn't work. The mod itself isn't made well. I have no plans to change the Necromancer skeletons as of now. Summon the golem on top of the boss.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Pulse37

Can i suggest some druid buffs?

Fire Claw - The damage is great, however the speed / framerate doesnt do it justice to make a build around it - would be great to have a faster frame attack/ or even like chance to cast fissure or something when using it.

Sages summons- They are great, but die so easily, usually just drift off into the enemy and die in one hit. Also their is very limited gear choice for druid to get the extra +summons - only fullmoon and abyss sphere.

(would also love to see the classic Ribcracker buffed / alternate version miss this awesome wep (2 handers in general)

Gold
    Annihilus Account: diablor

Quote Originally Posted by pulse37 View Post
    Can i suggest some druid buffs?

Fire Claw - The damage is great, however the speed / framerate doesnt do it justice to make a build around it - would be great to have a faster frame attack/ or even like chance to cast fissure or something when using it.

Sages summons- They are great, but die so easily, usually just drift off into the enemy and die in one hit. Also their is very limited gear choice for druid to get the extra +summons - only fullmoon and abyss sphere.

(would also love to see the classic Ribcracker buffed / alternate version miss this awesome wep (2 handers in general)
    Yeah the changes to bears and wolves a patch or two back destroyed the attack speed potential for fireclaws bears. The attack speed for wolves doesn't seem too bad though although you definitely wont be getting 6+ attacks/second like you used to be able to do with bears. With azurewrath and the unholy might aura, my druid seems to do about 3 or 4 attacks/second.

That being said, I have no clue at all how attack speed works for shifters now except for what Game said awhile back about wolves being faster.

That being said, fireclaws actually looks like a viable build now. If only I had an azmodan armor and flame horizon to test it with. A full build should be able to get at least 20k base + up to another 40 from enchant and fire damage. Getting to -200 fire shouldn't be too hard with 125 base from azmodan armor and flame horizon. So there's 120k damage per hit.

I find that if I use bo on my summons, they dont die very often. Another trick you can do is use something with a salvation aura (azurewrath, seraphs hymn) on you or your merc. That will make your summons gain immunities.
    Last edited by rrra; 01-25-2017 at 03:18 PM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Addah

Quote Originally Posted by acyroma View Post
    That MAY allow golems to hit the target but it will harm necros as a whole in any other situation. You can always either unsummon a few skeletons or stack all your summons and stomp the boss. Stack, not surround.
    Yes I suppose that will work, although it could take a few tries to get the tactics right in crucible.

What I wanted is for golems to still be focused by an enemy that's still surrounded by an army, but I realize now that wouldn't work just by having longer attack range of the golems.

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    "Defense" huh? It's not an excuse, its the truth. Even prevent monster heal on the player's gear itself often doesn't work. The mod itself isn't made well. I have no plans to change the Necromancer skeletons as of now. Summon the golem on top of the boss.
    Yes you've said in the past to someone who complained about dealing with boss health regeneration as a necro summoner to use a blood golem, and now you say it's not a real solution.

Have you ever tried the first boss of crucible with a fully geared summoner?

Quote Originally Posted by Addah View Post
    Yes I suppose that will work, although it could take a few tries to get the tactics right in crucible.

What I wanted is for golems to still be focused by an enemy that's still surrounded by an army, but I realize now that wouldn't work just by having longer attack range of the golems.

Yes you've said in the past to someone who complained about dealing with boss health regeneration as a necro summoner to use a blood golem, and now you say it's not a real solution.

Have you ever tried the first boss of crucible with a fully geared summoner?
    I said to use Blood Golem, correct, what else am I supposed to say? Blood Golem works just as good as a Prevent Monster Heal weapon. If the game glitches out for one it's going to glitch out for the other. This isn't something that just affects Necromancers.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: nedamettin

all summoner necros need is a "gather minions" skill which is basicly a teleport to your current location for high-end eras without teleportation and a way to not /afk against phys immune mobs

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Mephisto

Make a portal next to boss, re-enter, there's ur area summon teleport !

Quote Originally Posted by nedamettin View Post
    all summoner necros need is a "gather minions" skill which is basicly a teleport to your current location for high-end eras without teleportation and a way to not /afk against phys immune mobs
    This is not possible, it still will not work on maps that doesn't allow teleport.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: nedamettin

ryleh key works, can't you make an item for summoners to use?

User Tag List