Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Physical Immune vs Summoner Necro

Gold
    Annihilus Account: nedamettin

Quote Originally Posted by Equalibrium View Post
    i dont care about time it takes to kill bosses i would happily sit there for 5 mins to kill a boss but what needs sorting is the ability to be one shotted, it is literaly killing HC. i understand its mainly a SC server but thought id add my point anyway. double the hp for all i care just lower the dmg. its not ment as a critasism. but god damn its frustrating lol. not being able to farm like you can in SC.you have no choice on HC to solo most of the time because people will not risk it for a simple one shot death. necros them selves are in a great place imo i get the slow kill spead for the reason you have stated summon nec is a tank pure and simple. but that means nothin when mobs tele on your head and one shot you . or cast a skill that you cant escape fast enough from efectivly one shotting you. i understand this is purely a HC biased opinion but hope it helps a little.
    The fundamental "imbalance" of the classes is actually what you are complaining. Monsters cast one shot mechanisms if you move an inch away from them. You either need to stick to them like a smiter or let minions do the face-tanking.

P.S: You can't kill some bosses in five or fifty minutes as a summoner necro. I am okay with it if other classes have the same issue but with smiter it takes me literally 50 seconds to kill the new boss from starting the game.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: DrLukifer

Quote Originally Posted by nedamettin View Post
    If a full physical build barb can pierce immunities, so should a necro I think. Damage won't be anywhere close to a WW in anyway. Glad to hear that things are being worked on.
    You say you don't want to aquire an end game sword, but my barb uses an eth buster which is pretty expensive and almost impossible to aquire these days because nobody runs pits.

he has about 100 hrs worth of gear not including charms and wep switch. Its not like I slapped him together in a week, and accidentally started killing phys immune.

Also you said you made it to level 12 crucible which is better than i can do solo 99% of the time. In order to do the damage I do I had to sacrifice a lot of survivability. Atm I feel necros are one of the most survivable characters, and if you want poison damage they have a skill tree for that

Gold

I would suggest trying elemental revives from a2/a3 pits.

Gold

I tried other revives but it just doesn't work. I know ur gear is expensive aswell but I never said barbs are in a good position either. I just said since both of these builds are PURELY on one element, we both should be able to pierce physical with proper gear. My damage output will never be as much as yours anyway, you still got an edge. Surviving doesn't matter if there is no need for group activities and you can't kill stuff on your own.

Gold
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: lockzilla89
    Annihilus Account: Lockzilla

Quote Originally Posted by nedamettin View Post
    I tried other revives but it just doesn't work. I know ur gear is expensive aswell but I never said barbs are in a good position either. I just said since both of these builds are PURELY on one element, we both should be able to pierce physical with proper gear. My damage output will never be as much as yours anyway, you still got an edge. Surviving doesn't matter if there is no need for group activities and you can't kill stuff on your own.
    The only elemental druids have is cold damage. The tornado gives a little bit of physical damage, but no where near enough to kill a boss that was purely immuned to cold. The only way I could see to fix this issue was to magic find a lot cold cain jewels. Now I have -200+ Res cold on my druid alone, not counting LR or conviction aura.
    Watch me Stream Events and End Game Content
    https://www.twitch.tv/lockzilla89

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

Quote Originally Posted by Drlukifer View Post
    You say you don't want to aquire an end game sword, but my barb uses an eth buster which is pretty expensive and almost impossible to aquire these days because nobody runs pits.

he has about 100 hrs worth of gear not including charms and wep switch. Its not like I slapped him together in a week, and accidentally started killing phys immune.

Also you said you made it to level 12 crucible which is better than i can do solo 99% of the time. In order to do the damage I do I had to sacrifice a lot of survivability. Atm I feel necros are one of the most survivable characters, and if you want poison damage they have a skill tree for that
    If WW could proc ctc spells from weapons, Barbs would be amazing for end game content You'd be able to do nasty damage and use a shield. I don't even think it would be OP either. The APS of WW would be balanced by the fact that you hit bosses less than regular mobs. It would be brought in line with the "always hits" aspect of Smite.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by LordManhammer View Post
    If WW could proc ctc spells from weapons, Barbs would be amazing for end game content You'd be able to do nasty damage and use a shield. I don't even think it would be OP either. The APS of WW would be balanced by the fact that you hit bosses less than regular mobs. It would be brought in line with the "always hits" aspect of Smite.
    At 4APS that's an average of 2 sindragosa per second if i dual wield frostmournes using ww. Not counting splash.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: diablor

The reason crucible running is so important right now is because horadric jewels are probably the most wanted item right now besides frostmourne. Every build needs a lot of them. With an enchant sorc now giving you a free 100-150% elemental damage, most elemental builds are better off getting pierce from their jewels than damage (pierce gives higher marginal damage than %damage in most instances). For physical builds, pierce is the best way to increase damage if you achieve max cb/ds. So as long as enchant gives %elemental damage, pierce is so important for physical builds, and the crucible is the only source of horadric jewels, crucible running will be essential for anyone who wants to fully max out their characters. So people who want to optimize their characters need to either play a class that can solo through Crucible level 15 or make friends... Trading for horadric jewels is difficult because most people who trade them are looking to trade for a different type of horadric jewel.

So mostly solo players like me have some adjustments to make no matter what happens with this. If the crucible requires a team again, I need to make friends. If it stays the same, I have to learn to love a new spec. I have learned to love wind dudu and it is working out nicely even without perfect gear. It's not the end of the world if my favorite spec can't kill everything. It is just a game after all.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

Quote Originally Posted by Drlukifer View Post
    At 4APS that's an average of 2 sindragosa per second if i dual wield frostmournes using ww. Not counting splash.
    You're forgetting the fact that your attack rating would suck and that the ctc isn't 100%. All bosses also have a chance to dodge attacks. It would balance out.

Edit: I read your response wrong. The chance to cast Sindragosa would only be 2 per second if you hit 100% of the time though. Which you won't. Not even remotely close to that.
    Last edited by LordManhammer; 10-24-2016 at 03:05 PM.

Gold

@LordManhammer and @Drlukifer if WW had ctc a barb would be able to crash the game with El'Druin procs off grouped enemies I think.

User Tag List