Thread: magic socketing

Gold
    Annihilus Account: jurat

magic socketing

so lately ive been looking for a good bow to make a deadeye in. since 5.0b it got nerfed which made it somewhat useless in a white bow. now we have to search for a magic bow(sometimes is a real hassle) reroll if it doesnt have the stats you want and after all that work you have to waste 3 divine gems to socket it to random sockets that may only give 1 or 2 sockets. it would be nice if we could use the 3x flawless gems to get the sockets and a good reroll thats above the ilvl30 rerolls the recipe uses. by the time you end up getting the right item you want with the sockets youll more than likely already have found something better than what you were trying to make in the first place. with the divine drop rates being how they are i highly doubt someone with starter gear would be able to kill the bosses that drop divines in order to socket there stuff anyways before finding hella good gear in the process. i know ive found at least one of each dl boss drops(puzzles and there items) and still havent found a single divine gem(cache of ryleh dont count as they will always give one). idk what could be done but rws arnt supposed to feel like searching for end game stuff imo. any ideas on this to make it more of a starter thing and not something only people doing end game content should be able to do?

Quote Originally Posted by jurat View Post
    so lately ive been looking for a good bow to make a deadeye in. since 5.0b it got nerfed which made it somewhat useless in a white bow. now we have to search for a magic bow(sometimes is a real hassle) reroll if it doesnt have the stats you want and after all that work you have to waste 3 divine gems to socket it to random sockets that may only give 1 or 2 sockets. it would be nice if we could use the 3x flawless gems to get the sockets and a good reroll thats above the ilvl30 rerolls the recipe uses. by the time you end up getting the right item you want with the sockets youll more than likely already have found something better than what you were trying to make in the first place. with the divine drop rates being how they are i highly doubt someone with starter gear would be able to kill the bosses that drop divines in order to socket there stuff anyways before finding hella good gear in the process. i know ive found at least one of each dl boss drops(puzzles and there items) and still havent found a single divine gem(cache of ryleh dont count as they will always give one). idk what could be done but rws arnt supposed to feel like searching for end game stuff imo. any ideas on this to make it more of a starter thing and not something only people doing end game content should be able to do?
    No plans on changing how this works, sorry!

User Tag List