Thread: Inferno Pits improvements

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Addah

Inferno Pits improvements

There are a few minor adjustments that would help make the inferno pits a more interesting experience every time.

1) At least 1 of the 2 immunities should be variables and change for each enemy, instead of everytime Griswold being immune to Ice and Poison and Lilith being Lighthning and Poison immune, for example. The end-game content should not be so consistent and should have more variables like this to enhance the experience.

2) Remove the common low quality items in the final loot chest, perhaps add lots of gems and a chance for gear to drop, because as it stands now the only real loot is in killing enemies. Perhaps the final chest loot can be improved by killing every enemy in the pit.
    Last edited by Addah; 09-12-2016 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Addah View Post
    There are a few minor adjustments that would help make the inferno pits a more interesting experience every time.

1) At least 1 of the 2 immunities should be variables and change for each enemy, instead of everytime Griswold being immune to Ice and Poison and Lilith being Lighthning and Poison immune, for example. The end-game content should not be so consistent and should have more variables like this to enhance the experience.

2) Remove the common low quality items in the final loot chest, perhaps add lots of gems and a chance for gear to drop, because as it stands now the only real loot is in killing enemies. Perhaps the final chest loot can be improved by killing every enemy in the pit.
    Thanks for the suggestions! Unfortunately there is no real way to make normal monsters resists alternate like you mentioned, I also tried to make their elements fit their theme a little.

As for the second, the chest does indeed suck, but those kind of chests are hardcoded and I cannot really alter their loot, also I think putting a chest like that would encourage people to just chest farm, I don't think I want to go down that road; I remember Diablo 3's launch and literally the best way to get geared was to farm chests rather than kill anything O_O.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Addah

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions! Unfortunately there is no real way to make normal monsters resists alternate like you mentioned, I also tried to make their elements fit their theme a little.
    Okay so the immunes can't alternate, but I'm fairly certain you could add an extra version of Griswold separately, then replace some of the current ones with a second type with different immunes.

I imagine this is as simple as copying the npc entry, changing the immunes, removing some of the current Griswolds and adding this new one in with different immunes so at least there would be 2 variants.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: crew

i said the chest thing a year ago!
    Quote Originally Posted by nooV View Post
    these guys refuse to play on the chars they signed up
    tweak rules to their favor
    what happens in this case do they get disqualified?

dont feed the gators

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    i said the chest thing a year ago!
    Someone get this pleb a cookie. He needs a cookie. STAT!!!

User Tag List