Thread: cruc extension level ideas

Gold
    Annihilus Account: crew

cruc extension level ideas

i was thinking adding 5 more levels would be cool and that follow a path of specific chars needed to be built so unlike right now you cant beat all the content in the game with an aldurs druid and a trangs necro
    21: 2x Lich king like bosses that spawn as random main elements and thats the only element that can kill them
    like magic + light would spawn
    magics LKs would have 999 all except 50 magic resistance and light would have 999 all except 50 light resistance

22 Lots of elite lvl 13 monsters + nithalak + a regular LK

23 all the stuff you need to do for lvl 24/25 spawn in this one like necromancers (trag) a couple of cthoggas place monsters all the omegas and ofc avatar of az because he drops caches

24 is like the first reward for getting so far i think tyrael + rezerfg should spawn here

25 has the second reward with cthulhu + belial + cthogga + trag and a chest with 1/5th the piece for a nv (spinning pentagram above your head would be cool)

both these levels acting sort of like lvl 19 with the dreamland bosses also im talking like full strength monsters because some other levels it seems theyre softer

also lvl 13 and 16 are the toughest by far atm

/e rip lvl 17 summoner blank screen
    Last edited by Jared; 06-24-2016 at 11:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nooV View Post
    these guys refuse to play on the chars they signed up
    tweak rules to their favor
    what happens in this case do they get disqualified?

dont feed the gators

Gold
    Annihilus Account: iHoLy

This is actually not a bad idea. Seems pretty cool, maybe not as crazy but it would work. I like the idea, you have my vote.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Norp

+rep my man

I really, really like the idea in 21, it's super boring running with just tank+psn dmg/fire dmg chars and using no strategy. To be honest I'd like to see if it ever were extended 21-25 being a boss rush type deal, rather than more basic mobs. It would make it feel more unique at that point. Pairs of bosses, like reziarfg+belial 22, trag+ctoggha 23, omega bosses in 24 (rushing like 19), and a new boss (bosses?) at 25.

Obviously I don't know if these pairs are the best ideas but that was just the top of my head.

Maybe the LK bosses in 21 in this idea can keep their normal drop tables, but obviously none of the others should. Only new items at 25. I want it to be fun+challenging, something that you can brag that you were able to accomplish, but not something that will destroy the markets for the bosses' items lel. Perhaps minor rewards would be appropriate, scaling a bit as the levels become more difficult to complete. Like a DL puzzle box from 22 or a diablo's soulstone from 24. Just thoughts.
    Last edited by forest; 06-24-2016 at 12:15 PM.

Also, I'll add, since the idea behind the proposed boss rush stage (21-25) of the crucible is for it to be a genuine feat to beat, and one that scales in difficulty progressively, that the bosses in the 24 omega boss rush idea should all have unbreakable phys res, and each boss should have only one elemental res that can be penetrated (res 105 or so). As in something like, I dunno, andy by fire, baal by magic, diablo by cold, duriel by poison, and meph by lightning.

Something that would take a large and diverse team of characters is the perfect addition to a game where all builds and chars are meant to be viable.

Also, I still hesitate to suggest the idea of these stages dropping anything at all until 25, were they ever implemented. But I agree with Jared that it should include some kind of nv should you ever manage the feat.
    Last edited by forest; 06-24-2016 at 08:29 PM.

User Tag List