Thread: A2/A5 inferno areas

Gold
    Annihilus Account: rastamun1234

A2/A5 inferno areas

So I'm having difficulty in the new inferno areas mostly the icy cellar. I use a na do druid and a shield throw barb but both seem to get killed relatively easily in these areas anyone have some tips for clearing these areas?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

The best I've been able to come up with was to kamikaze Ifrit with a poison Necro. You can just teleport to him and tag him with maelstrom before you get dick punched. You die a lot but it takes about 2 minutes to kill him this way and I was able to get my hands on a Skull of the Unclean in about 30 runs.

In the act 2 inferno spot I run past the first floor with my shield throw Barb and then clear the second floor up to the boss room. Then I hop in with my poison Smiter to pull the boss and kill him in the hallway. You can stun lock him with smite. Wash, rinse, and repeat.

Edit: if you find yourself getting one shot by the mechanized wizards and you have no idea why, it's because they shoot tornados along with their lightening spells. It's hard to see the tornados and it took me a while to figure it out
    Last edited by LordManhammer; 07-16-2016 at 07:37 PM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lampogriz

Those areas are much more harder than others, but not more rewardable. No point to farm there if you dont need that special drop.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: vaudeville

I've seen a low gear necro with just trag do the 2nd boss easily by doing cows first and then pretty much spamming the boss with them. Works pretty well.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: rastamun1234

It's mostly the new A5 area that gives me trouble whatever spell those dudes cast hurts

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by rastamun1234 View Post
    It's mostly the new A5 area that gives me trouble whatever spell those dudes cast hurts
    Like Lampo said, unless you are trying for a Skull of the Unclean, farming that zone is pointless. The drop rates and the loot table there are the same as the other act 5 portals. I would recommend farming those other portals. You'll be able to clear them much faster with relatively no danger.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by vaudeville View Post
    I've seen a low gear necro with just trag do the 2nd boss easily by doing cows first and then pretty much spamming the boss with them. Works pretty well.
    I just tried this method with my shield throw barb wearing a cow set and a Frostmourne in the new act 5 zone. Yay for meat shields

User Tag List