Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Event Ladder System

Gold
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: lockzilla89
    Annihilus Account: Lockzilla

Well were going to hopefully find an initiative for people to make clans. As for the ladder ranks, we will see if clans pick up after the reset, if not, then we'll have to do something else. I 100% agree with you though, one clan shouldn't be getting all the reward.
    Watch me Stream Events and End Game Content
    https://www.twitch.tv/lockzilla89

Gold
    Annihilus Account: DrLukifer

Quote Originally Posted by Savior View Post
    Well I'd say changing it to ranking people based on their own points earned would be better if only 1 option would be chosen.
    But if the event prizes were lowered then maybe both of them could possibly be added.
    I don't see how this isn't an equal opportunity. Banking points is our clan effort. If you aren't in a clan, but you're winning the events you are in fact getting gold. If you make more points than our clan you get the event gold. Knowing the advantages of being in a clan, then still not joining or making one seems silly to me. I can see your point. 1 individual scored higher than any individual in our clan, but knowing this is a team effort and still not finding a team, you're going to be lower on the scoreboard naturally.
    Last edited by Drlukifer; 01-24-2017 at 03:26 PM.
    Veni Vidi Vici - I came, I saw, I conquered

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Savior

Quote Originally Posted by Drlukifer View Post
    I don't see how this isn't an equal opportunity. Banking points is our clan effort. If you aren't in a clan, but you're winning the events you're are in fact getting gold. If you make more points than our clan you get the event gold. Knowing the advantages of being in a clan, then still not joining or making one seems silly to me. I can see your point. 1 individual scored higher than any individual in our clan, but knowing this is a team effort and still not finding a team, you're going to be lower on the scoreboard naturally.
    Just like you just said, the person who put the most effort in was that 1 person not in your clan.
    So if he scored higher than anyone he should get the top prize in my opinion.
    And if your defense is he should join a clan or make one, that just seems like a foolish way to fix the situation.
    That's basically like saying join LocK if you want to win events, because their are no others.
    Or make a clan of your own which isn't exactly the easiest thing do to.
    If it was easy, there would be more clans around and this wouldn't be a problem in the first place.

Gold

Just like you just said, the person who put the most effort in was that 1 person not in your clan.
    So if he scored higher than anyone he should get the top prize in my opinion.
    And if your defense is he should join a clan or make one, that just seems like a foolish way to fix the situation.
    That's basically like saying join LocK if you want to win events, because their are no others.
    Or make a clan of your own which isn't exactly the easiest thing do to.
    If it was easy, there would be more clans around and this wouldn't be a problem in the first place.
    Last time I checked it was 8-24 or something. So actually he didn't score higher. But he probably won more event gold than any one of us just from participating and winning events. If not making or joining a clan is your choice then in my opinion you are choosing to not take advantage of this... Advantage. Andy has already said the rules will change, but this wasn't a secret. We aren't going to lose if there's no competition.

Ps-. Clan LocK recruitment status: Closed
    Last edited by Drlukifer; 01-24-2017 at 03:25 PM.

Gold

He scored higher individually, and yes he won more gold than any of you did because he was solo.
    But the fact remains, it was 8-24?(or something), with the clan points being combined in effect.
    If points werent added together, he wouldve gotten first place and he would've gotten even more gold for himself.
    If LocK clan didnt exist, this clan event ladder would also never exist either so it doesn't make sense to me.
    Something to do with clans shouldnt be put into action until there are enough clans to make it work properly.
    And players shouldn't be forced to take advantage of making a clan just because LocK clan was created.
    Events never would've changed in the favor of clans if LocK clan was never started a while ago.
    So for someone to have to make a clan or join a clan to get an advantage as you said in my opinion is just wrong.
    New players don't have clans and new players aren't experienced enough to make a clan themselves.
    Also Lock clan recruiting is closed and there are no other clans to join that are well put together like LocK clan is.
    And even if there were, most clans wont recruit people who aren't experienced so noobs are disadvantaged.
    There should be no "advantage" to events, events should be completely based off the skill of the 1 person doing them.
    It's not fair that someone in LocK clan who gets 1 point can get gold but someone solo with 1 point gets nothing.
    I just don't see it the way you see it I guess, I'd greatly prefer if the Clan Event Ladder was changed to Solo.
    Even if 10 more clans were added, I still think having it solo is a much much much much MUCH better idea.

Gold

He scored higher individually, and yes he won more gold than any of you did because he was solo.
    But the fact remains, it was 8-24?(or something), with the clan points being combined in effect.
    If points werent added together, he wouldve gotten first place and he would've gotten even more gold for himself.
    If LocK clan didnt exist, this clan event ladder would also never exist either so it doesn't make sense to me.
    Something to do with clans shouldnt be put into action until there are enough clans to make it work properly.
    And players shouldn't be forced to take advantage of making a clan just because LocK clan was created.
    Events never would've changed in the favor of clans if LocK clan was never started a while ago.
    So for someone to have to make a clan or join a clan to get an advantage as you said in my opinion is just wrong.
    New players don't have clans and new players aren't experienced enough to make a clan themselves.
    Also Lock clan recruiting is closed and there are no other clans to join that are well put together like LocK clan is.
    And even if there were, most clans wont recruit people who aren't experienced so noobs are disadvantaged.
    There should be no "advantage" to events, events should be completely based off the skill of the 1 person doing them.
    It's not fair that someone in LocK clan who gets 1 point can get gold but someone solo with 1 point gets nothing.
    I just don't see it the way you see it I guess, I'd greatly prefer if the Clan Event Ladder was changed to Solo.
    Even if 10 more clans were added, I still think having it solo is a much much much much MUCH better idea.
    Youre acting like participants dont win gold for winning events. The chances are there for everybody. But to try to win a ''Clan event ladder'' solo, its going to be rough and the odds will be against you. These are the rules we've read and followed, and they werent made specifically to benefit us at all. They were made to group more clans together in general. I've said from day 1, we're hoping to see some competition, and we would never back down from a points wager.

I can see where we are at a disagreement. You're hoping for a solo event ladder, Im hoping for more clans. I cant force anyone to join or make a clan, but literally nothing is stopping you, but yourself.

Gold

Youre acting like participants dont win gold for winning events. The chances are there for everybody. But to try to win a ''Clan event ladder'' solo, its going to be rough and the odds will be against you. These are the rules we've read and followed, and they werent made specifically to benefit us at all. They were made to group more clans together in general. I've said from day 1, we're hoping to see some competition, and we would never back down from a points wager.

I can see where we are at a disagreement. You're hoping for a solo event ladder, Im hoping for more clans. I cant force anyone to join or make a clan, but literally nothing is stopping you, but yourself.
    I'm hoping for more clans on Annihilus also more than anything, and not even for events just because clans are great.
    And like I said before, I''ve been planning to make one of my own eventually next ladder when I get motivated enough.
    I wasn't insinuating that LocK clan made the Clan Event Ladder for their own benefit or anything.
    Because with or without it you guys would still earn just as much if not more individually.
    I just don't like how it seems like the 1st prize is off limits to solo players and always will be.
    And in due time, the entire event ladder will be full of clans and no solo players will ever have a chance.
    I love clans, but I think events we're originally designed to be a solo experience to begin with.
    No matter what anyone says, I believe a Solo Event Ladder is 100% necessary.
    A clan event ladder seems like a secondary idea when compared to a solo one, or at least to me it does.
    But I don't even play events anyways, I just love Annihilus and want it to grow and be fun for all types of players.
    An added clan event ladder with separate prizes would be great eventually when there were more clans.
    But as of right now, I just don't like how there's 1 clan and the events are based around clans.
    Diablo has always been a solo player game mostly, so events probably shouldn't revolve around clans which haven't ever really been a big part of D2 altogether.
    Last edited by Savior; 01-24-2017 at 05:53 PM.

Gold

I'm hoping for more clans on Annihilus also more than anything, and not even for events just because clans are great.
    And like I said before, I''ve been planning to make one of my own eventually next ladder when I get motivated enough.
    I wasn't insinuating that LocK clan made the Clan Event Ladder for their own benefit or anything.
    Because with or without it you guys would still earn just as much if not more individually.
    I just don't like how it seems like the 1st prize is off limits to solo players and always will be.
    And in due time, the entire event ladder will be full of clans and no solo players will ever have a chance.
    I love clans, but I think events we're originally designed to be a solo experience to begin with.
    No matter what anyone says, I believe a Solo Event Ladder is 100% necessary.
    A clan event ladder seems like a secondary idea when compared to a solo one, or at least to me it does.
    But I don't even play events anyways, I just love Annihilus and want it to grow and be fun for all types of players.
    An added clan event ladder with separate prizes would be great eventually when there were more clans.
    But as of right now, I just don't like how there's 1 clan and that 1 clan for the moment will always gain 1st prize.
    There cannot be both. Some of our members would be ''doubling up'' on event ladder winnings, and people arent going to like that either.

Administrator
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: acyroma

For sure there cannot be both right now, not until there's multiple clans for competition. Once there's multiple clans that would compete I see no problem with having a clan event ladder.

Gold

There cannot be both. Some of our members would be ''doubling up'' on event ladder winnings, and people arent going to like that either.
    Well then I'd say stick to one solo event ladder, but that's my opinion.
    Or just have two separate ladders and lower the gold winnings for each of them.

EDIT: And yes, like acyroma said, obviously a clan event ladder wouldn't work with no other clans.
    But just the fact that there are so little clans makes what I'm saying seem to make even more sense.
    The one and only event ladder we have shouldnt have anything to do with clans if there are so few clans at the moment.
    Last edited by Savior; 01-24-2017 at 06:02 PM.

User Tag List