View Poll Results: Are Drop Rates On Items To Get To New Endgame Areas Too High? Just Right? Or Too Low?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think it's too easy to find them.

4 11.43%
  • I think it should stay the way it is.

7 20.00%
  • I think it should be easier to find them.

24 68.57%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Drop Rates On Items To Get To Endgame Areas

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Savior

Drop Rates On Items To Get To Endgame Areas

This poll is to find out how players feel about the drop rates of items to get to the endgame areas.

After you vote, please explain why you chose to vote for the option you picked.
    Last edited by Savior; 03-15-2017 at 12:00 PM.

I can already tell you people will vote it's too low. The upcoming patch will slightly increase the drop rate of world drop puzzles, but we won't be changing the boss drop rates regardless of poll outcome (Mark of Sin, Lies, Black Soulstone).

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    I can already tell you people will vote it's too low. The upcoming patch will slightly increase the drop rate of world drop puzzles, but we won't be changing the boss drop rates regardless of poll outcome (Mark of Sin, Lies, Black Soulstone).
    Yeah, I figured you wouldn't want to change them.
    Even if the poll leaned towards more people voting that it's too low.
    I was even going to add to the post that no matter the polls outcome, it doesn't mean things will change.
    I've just seen so many people complaining about this that I figured I'd give them a place to talk about it.
    Rather than starting new topics about the same thing everyday it can be talked about here instead.
    Hopefully some good feedback can come from this.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: sleezy2

the drop rates are good...just change who drops them. very very few people want to farm vanilla monsters why have all these elite items in the game to smash a bunch of vanilla bosses. i did a build with holy fire that kills all mobs from the proc on holy fire in vanilla.. that aint fun... if i wanted to play god mode i would play duke nukem

Gold

Plenty of votes but not many giving reasons why it should stay the way it is or be changed.

More feedback would be nice.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Mephisto

I think the drop from act bosses should be a little higher % chance
    So far people are getting the most from omega's, I think that's in a good spot, deff wont need a increase imo.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: norak

Annihilus deserves entire difficulty of inferno!
    with all monsters and quests in inf/uber version, each superunique is a boss to farm, imagine that..
    could just add current inferno portals/some easyer inf area to nm as a compliment, its easy to get high levels in NM.
    anni torch and such would only enebled in inf difficulty..

this will probably never happen tho
    wet dream tho

edit>and i just realised my post has nothing todowith the poll

soz

thispollis ridiculous imho, rates are fine
    if you increase rates then it looses its magic when you get them
    Last edited by norak; 03-18-2017 at 01:39 PM. Reason: 420

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Fitsu

Games already given the rates for the drop rates of marks and I'd say there just fine. a 1/~250 chance to drop what is potentionally the best item in the game is actually quite low (look at original diablo and it's 1~thousands drop chances). Like, a durial clear takes ~35 seconds. So arguably after a couple hours of farming you'd likely see a mark. That's not bad at all.

I think, the real problem atm is one that can't really be fixed and that's just that without having thousands of players trading is kinda dead... I've tried for over a week now to find a single person selling marks/band of sin etc... and nobody is trading them, mainly because I feel a lot of the time such items are found there traded within clans/friends so for new comers it's kind of hard to obtain such things without just playing self-found.

This, combined with bad RNG will make something feel hopeless because you've basically got no choice but to just farm that boss until it drops if it's what you need... Like I say, sadly not something that can be fixed and increasing drop rates wouldn't help this problem.

/e

Oh but the drop rate of puzzle boxes, blue organs etc... Seems rediculously low and that does need a buff.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: sleezy2

Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    Games already given the rates for the drop rates of marks and I'd say there just fine. a 1/~250 chance to drop what is potentionally the best item in the game is actually quite low (look at original diablo and it's 1~thousands drop chances). Like, a durial clear takes ~35 seconds. So arguably after a couple hours of farming you'd likely see a mark. That's not bad at all.

I think, the real problem atm is one that can't really be fixed and that's just that without having thousands of players trading is kinda dead... I've tried for over a week now to find a single person selling marks/band of sin etc... and nobody is trading them, mainly because I feel a lot of the time such items are found there traded within clans/friends so for new comers it's kind of hard to obtain such things without just playing self-found.

This, combined with bad RNG will make something feel hopeless because you've basically got no choice but to just farm that boss until it drops if it's what you need... Like I say, sadly not something that can be fixed and increasing drop rates wouldn't help this problem.

/e

Oh but the drop rate of puzzle boxes, blue organs etc... Seems rediculously low and that does need a buff.
    Agreed, with 20- 30 SECOND runs I feel like the server wohld be filled with elite gear by now. Guess its a good thing everyone hates farming it. Elite gear like that shuld be farmed from a harder area

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Gothix

I second the issue with blue organs being to low of a drop rate.

User Tag List