Thread: Hdong weapon please

Gold
    Annihilus Account: DrLukifer

Hdong weapon please

This is just my rough idea I came up with while thinking about how many times I have tried to make a hammerdin.

Paladin only weapon
    Low base damage
    Level 10 vigor while equipped
    5-10% chance to cast holy bolt on striking
    10-15% chance to cast searing light on striking
    Low magic pen aura (or slight +/- magic)
    +3-5 blessed hammer
    +3-5 concentrate

This would be a cheap mans el druin, since the chances of getting el druin are slim to none, I'm basing these stats off the idea of making it a vanilla-style-drop.... You could always boost these stats and make it a rarer boss drop, but I can't be the only person that wants to see a Hdin work on annihilus 8)
    Veni Vidi Vici - I came, I saw, I conquered

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Mephisto

Hmm, a caster weapon with chances on striking? Also the chance to cast skills he has on his own skilltree?
    U seen the new Khalims Hope allready?

Last edited by Mephisto; 08-17-2017 at 11:15 AM.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    Hmm, a caster weapon with chances on striking? Also the chance to cast skills he has on his own skilltree?
    U seen the new Khalims Hope allready?

Yea but the hammers just don't do enough damage by themselves. I've seen a hammerdin do 120k+ hammers and hit like he's casting wet napkins. However I have personally built a hdin that was great for clearing mobs but he couldn't really solo many bosses doing 40-50k hammers and using el druin and heavens champion for searing light.The proc was doing most of the damage and generally caused a lot of lag, but it worked well. Not having to cast these yourself will save a ton of time, and the vigor would be great because you really need to get pretty close to everything just to hit them properly. Charge with vigor is the Hdin specialty

Quote Originally Posted by Drlukifer View Post
    Yea but the hammers just don't do enough damage by themselves. I've seen a hammerdin do 120k+ hammers and hit like he's casting wet napkins. However I have personally built a hdin that was great for clearing mobs but he couldn't really solo many bosses doing 40-50k hammers and using el druin and heavens champion for searing light.The proc was doing most of the damage and generally caused a lot of lag, but it worked well. Not having to cast these yourself will save a ton of time, and the vigor would be great because you really need to get pretty close to everything just to hit them properly. Charge with vigor is the Hdin specialty
    The thing is, hammers no longer scale from weapon damage and do not proc CTCs

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    The thing is, hammers no longer scale from weapon damage and do not proc CTCs
    Disregard everything

Quote Originally Posted by Drlukifer View Post
    Disregard everything
    I've tinkered with hammers a lot, its hard to get them in a good spot. I'll probably touch them more soon.

User Tag List