Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A 2nd entrance should be added for crucible

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Fitsu

A 2nd entrance should be added for crucible

I think we can all agree that any characters capable of doing floors 10 and above go through the first 9 blindfolded.

With the addition of a 17th floor coming next patch, I feel some sort of item should drop from Uldasian which allows one to skip the first ~10 floors. (Something similar to how you get to Cthulu perhaps, but with infinite charges). and simply knock the timer down to 20min rather than 30 if you go in this way. It's not as bad now, but I'm sure the 17th floor will become a popular farm location making this a more relevant issue.

The positives of this is that one doesn't have to go through this boring 10min time dump to get there (it literally feels like just having to AFK for 10min before you can go do the thing you want to do), and can get straight into doing what they are geared for. Another (and quite franky the main reason) is that this aleviates some of the frustration with disconnecting at the higher floors, the amount of time I've wasted disconnecting on the ~15th floor has made the crucible go from being something that should be fun to feeling like a chore. While if I had only lost 5min doing this it wouldn't be so bad.

Now, I'm sure many will say "well this will just mean that nobody plays the first 10 floors" and my response to that is, if the only reason people are doing it is because they have to do it then should it even be there in the first place?

I love the notion of the crucible, and having more reward the further you get through but being forced to go through floors in which you both simply cannot die and have 0 reward feels redundant and along with the previously mentioned frustrating disconnect issue related to it I feel this change would lead to less frustrating and more enjoyable gameplay.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lampogriz

Agree, that could be very helpful. For late game chars, first 10 lvls are too easy, boring and just "waste of time" thing.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Tby

While many characters can indeed breeze through the first 10, even 12 floors, there is still a sense of danger. you can definitely still die, especially at floor 9 which is a jump up in terms of difficulty. Even the bosses of 8 have a chance to kill any character that runs through really. I don't really think this is a good idea because of that.

If your frustration is from disconnects, then that is something else entirely, but looking for an ez pass probably isn't the best overall solution.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by tby View Post
    While many characters can indeed breeze through the first 10, even 12 floors, there is still a sense of danger. you can definitely still die, especially at floor 9 which is a jump up in terms of difficulty. Even the bosses of 8 have a chance to kill any character that runs through really. I don't really think this is a good idea because of that.

If your frustration is from disconnects, then that is something else entirely, but looking for an ez pass probably isn't the best overall solution.
    I guess nilithanks can kill you on floor 9 if you play sloppy and the charge from centaurs is annoying af.

In regards to floor 8, I'm pretty sure if I afked to go make a cupa tea and came back 5min later I'd still be alive. xD. There's no sense of danger in the first 8 for many but yeah 9 can be tricky so it could start from there? And perhaps to ensure only esp well geared players get it maybe have it drop for people that clear floor 17? It's not about an "ez pass" it's simply about skipping content that your beyond. A good example would be imagine doing andy runs without WPs being a thing so you had to run through the entire act to get there. Past enemies that caused no threat to you and gave no reward, a pointless exercise easily solved for the betterment of the game via WPs. What I suggest is a similar nothing.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Tby

the enemies pre nine can definitely still kill most characters, even well geared ones, whether out of chance or sloppy play (shit happens, its not about getting good). just like mappo can probably still kill a lot of characters as well, even when you are 'beyond' him.

comparing cruci to andy runs is a pretty unfair metric.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: EBoD-Githzari

all this is going to do is make him want to make the 1st 10 harder.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by EBoD-Githzari View Post
    all this is going to do is make him want to make the 1st 10 harder.
    I'm fine with that. Increase the difficulty and reward from non-boss floors. Anything to make it not just feel like more than a simple time sink between bosses.

Gold

I mean I agree with making it harder, and maybe adding a few drops to some bosses to make them worth doing... maybe up drop rates for decent item drops from mobs so its actually worth farming, but you also have to remember that they put in quite a bit of time into this mod to bring it where it is today. yeah the xbow is terrible and the devils bargain has no real use aside from a merc, but maybe that's because none of us have legit tried these items... idk. I think crucible is generally fine because you don't have to do it if you don't want to, I mean why make end game items readily available to the server that easily? put some time into it. that's basically why we all play video games, right? to kill time and play with some cool people!

Gold

you also have to account for your items you already own... you are near end game, ofc its going to be easy

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Frigide

I dont think permitting any char to start from lvl (?) is good, at least it should be a wp u can use only if u already completed the cruci.

User Tag List