Thread: Wiki update and more FAQ's- Needs update badly

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Infinita

Wiki update and more FAQ's- Needs update badly

I think this wiki needs to update, change wiki style, and more organized. I have to keep looking on each topic to see what it is for, etc... Should make this alike diablo 3 gameguide. Very organized there.

I am wondering if ladder runeword works? what is new runewords on here? New runes? etc...

What weapon is good for summon necro? Those kinds of things is needed for people that haven't play annihilus but Diablo 2 only.

Add more FAQ's like whats difference between D2 and here. Cost to hire, potions etc... Theres so many questions for new players that comes to annihilus.

Spare my English, not first language.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinita View Post
    I think this wiki needs to update, change wiki style, and more organized. I have to keep looking on each topic to see what it is for, etc... Should make this alike diablo 3 gameguide. Very organized there.

I am wondering if ladder runeword works? what is new runewords on here? New runes? etc...

What weapon is good for summon necro? Those kinds of things is needed for people that haven't play annihilus but Diablo 2 only.

Add more FAQ's like whats difference between D2 and here. Cost to hire, potions etc... Theres so many questions for new players that comes to annihilus.

Spare my English, not first language.
    We agree the wiki definitely needs some work. It is currently just a community based wiki, once things settle down with balancing and stability with the server we plan to make an official wiki with accurate details for newer players, as there is just so much people need to know about Annihilus. I hope this comes sooner rather than later.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Jackal

I'm new player and I hope this happens soon too. I never play vanilla d2 so the learning curve is steep. I'm sure ppl randomly suggest things that are impossible or not worth it but from a new player's pov I will mention some stuff I think would be good improvement.

- Like OP mentioned before, a list of runewords. But not like on the wiki where each runeword has a link you have to click just to see it. That requires loading a new page and is a waste of time. I've also had people tell me to go to other d2 websites for the info, thats sad. A regular list in a sortable table is easy to make and very readable.

- Guide Section: There is one on the forum and one on the wiki. The one on the forum seems like mostly requests for guides and a few actual guides that are sprinkled in-between. They aren't very enjoyable to find. If guide requests are really necessary, they should be separate from the list of guides so they are easy to search. The guide section on the wiki seems much better. The guides themselves in the list could use fewer icon types though. There is literally a different icon for every thread. Having 1 typer per class would look much better imo.

Guides themselves kinda feel lacking as far as leveling. As someone that only plays for a few days, the guides don't have much for leveling section and gear recommendation. It seems like the general consensus is to get rushed by someone else first and skip the early levels entirely. For me thats really lame. How does anyone actually learn anything about the game when they get skipped to hell difficulty. I really don't like the beginner guide for this reason. Its called 'beginner' but it says to ask someone to rush first, whatever.

Lastly (for now) the voting system is gross. Again for a new player who doesn't get rushed, knowing nothing about the game will likely lead to needing more than the first free akara reskill reward before getting to nightmare. This happen to me on 2 character now. First time I use druid fire skills with summons and didn't put points into right ones. I kind of went half/half for summon/fire trees. Council members are either either fire immune or just have extremely high life in general in a3. I didn't figure any of this out initially and made a fire trap sin and ran into the exact same problem. Someone eventually mentioned that the council is immune to fire. Since this is the case, it should mention that in the stats above their name. Only the unique mobs show they have high fire resist when in fact they all do. Back to why the voting system sucks. Having to deal with everything above, you (mods or whoever) want new players to vote for your game on four different website to get gold in game to purchase reskill consumable when we haven't even had a chance to decide if we like the game. Whats worse is that it takes 2 days of voting just to get a consumable. Now from what I understand, there is the choice of trading but what exactly does one farm when they decide to play legit (no rushing)? The consumable could at least cost considerably less if you're going to jew ppl to vote for your game.

With the current state of the forum, wiki and available info in general, this mod is as far from being noob friendly. Especially for those who prefer doing a full play-through.

Edit: On a non-wiki related note, why so much fire immune mobs in the game? It really feels like mobs are more likely to be fire immune than any other elemental type.

Wiki Moderator
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: DAX

Been there a while,

I do agree that walking from the start is hard since I'm an experienced player and I always solo walk on new ladder season. This time was the hardest one since the difficulty was raised again. The original game was designed that there would be more fire immune then other immune... I don't know why, this was just always the case in vanilla D2 and I don't think that redistributing this would be a good time investment. On this patch, I would recommand trying to walk through the game with summons Necro, it will give you a good meat shield and those bastards are very powerful. Also physical and pure magic (not elemental) seems to be better for low end gear characters on this patch. You could probably use Druid summons, but I did not try it yet.

With the new ladder and new patch everyone is on a steep learning curve, it is hard to get info. You need to get through the community to get information. You cannot just use the same build or the same items you were using in the previous patch since there is so much modification on items and difficulty on this patch. Difficulty was raised, but items stats too.

Again, it is not noob friendly. People are also afraid to share good builds because they are afraid to see it nerfed if their build is spread across and it seems too powerful.

Most of all, we all need to put an effort to update the wiki to put 6.0 items before getting the new wiki game's talking about.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: jurat

i agree we need item updates for 6.0 since none have been updated since almost 4.2 and you have to ask to see gear or what not. what do most the items look like? what are runewords stats now that they had bee nreworked for blues? now we have corrupts that can add awesome stats to items like 50%chance attackers reviece crushing blow but what are the rest. what should your build be looking for?

User Tag List