Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mule player - increase difficulty option

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Tarrascare

Mule player - increase difficulty option

most of the players uses mule characters to increase item drop rate. But that requires lots of copy of diablo at the same time. That is not user friendly. Also cause burden to the server. because 10-15 characters loadded at the same time but only one of them are actually playing.

Adding a "add null player" and "remove null player" button may help to both players and server at the same time.

That null players are not actually there. they just act like they are there and increase difficulty and drop chances. but does not require another copy. dont have items. dont have action.

or maybe just an "increase difficulty level" button might work too. (pratically the same thing)

it saves lots of time for players.

thanks in advance.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lampogriz

Better to make drops to be independent of player amount, if it even possible.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Storm

second this, maybe not the way he puts it with the "null player" idea but not everyone has a computer that can run 8 copys of diablo at the same time and finding 8 players in a pub game at one time thats not already completely farmed is rare. I know a friend ready to quit the game because he cant find in cows what he should be able to because he cant load the game for himself.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: jurat

Maybe just increase the ammout of items dropped by mobs so loading isnt an issue. I can agree that having to load is a pain esp if you have shit internet.

/players 8

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Reloco

Good idea ! I would say more in leaving a fixed drop for the server in general ... I think it would be the best option for everyone and especially in those cases of people who can only enter with an account. If you have to face this project, it could be feasible

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Gothix

This is a topic that has been brought up numerous times since the server launched....and to no avail. I've played on other servers where the drop rate is always "players 8" no matter how many people are in the game, and I still have not been given a definitive answer as to why this one isn't that way. As far as your PC not being able to handle 8 windows of Diablo II....its 2018 for crying out loud. My dinosaur Workstation for my job running windows vista and integrated graphics can handle it. If you are playing the game in windowed mode it puts a much higher strain on your PC. Always run full screen on all windows and simply alt+tab between them.

Gold

that is not about the performance of the PC. running 8 copies of diablo 2 requires you log in 8 times. waiting for connection for all 8 players. log out all 8 players after run is complete. etc.

Most of the runs last less than 2-3 minutes. logging in 8 times is around at least 1 minute. so it is a huge waste of time.

also you need to carry 8 chars to hell difficulty for all your char. that s lame

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Gothix

Quote Originally Posted by tarrascare View Post
    that is not about the performance of the PC. running 8 copies of diablo 2 requires you log in 8 times. waiting for connection for all 8 players. log out all 8 players after run is complete. etc.

Most of the runs last less than 2-3 minutes. logging in 8 times is around at least 1 minute. so it is a huge waste of time.

also you need to carry 8 chars to hell difficulty for all your char. that s lame
    No...you don't have to "carry" the other 7 characters to hell at all. You can have them spectate your main character from act 1 killing baal in normal and nightmare, and move them all into hell within the span of about 5 mins or less. What exactly are you running in the span of 2-3 min that requires you to have 8 players in the game by the way? The boss drops are fixed to always drop well regardless of the number of players in game. The only time you need players 8 is when you are running maps or vanilla content, and you can open multiple maps in the same game. Most of the time, the game timer expires on me around the 3 hour or so mark because i just keep running maps in the same game. I only have to make all the characters join a new game maybe 4 times day.

Gold

that's true if you are running maps. But what if you are grinding for "key of hate" or something like that. that kind of runs takes less than a minute. and requires lots of recreating a game.

sometimes i spend more than two hours a day in logging screen because of that current mule player system.
    Last edited by tarrascare; 01-04-2018 at 02:13 PM.

User Tag List