View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a Challenge Ladder?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would be interested.

25 80.65%
  • No, I would not be interested.

6 19.35%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Annihilus "Challenge Ladder" Poll

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Annihilus "Challenge Ladder" Poll

Hello friends! As I announced a last week, 7.0 is a bit behind schedule due to unforeseen health issues. Even though the 7.0 patch beta test will be starting in a couple of weeks for subscribers, Annihilus is quite dead right now due to everyone waiting on the actual release.

Getting straight to the point, we are considering a "special" ladder reset / season to tide everyone over who is waiting on the official 7.0 release, we are calling this a challenge ladder. This reset would be very short, going for about a month or so or a little over, lets say until the first week of July at the longest. It would be on the current 6.1.1 patch with some slight modifications. Here is what we are considering to change in the patch:

- Hadriel would be restricted to effects, dyes, and tokens.

- The game would be modified in certain ways to make things harder than they usually would be, examples being boss fights would have 2 of the boss, instead of 1. For example, 2 Reziarfgs at the end of the Worldstone Event, or 2 Cthulhus.

- Double Inferno Cow Density.

- Potentially increased Monster difficulty, mostly damage / health.

- Increased experience LOSS on death, including on normal.

There could be more changes we make to make it a bit more interesting, so feel free to post and suggest any ideas! The whole point of this is to give people something fun to do while waiting on 7.0, so any suggestions that would take time to do would be counterproductive since it would take away from the 7.0 patch, so keep things simple!

As a reward, it will once again be the first person to hit 99 (Across softcore or hardcore, not both). But due to the short amount of time and the new challenges, the reward will be more than usual. The first person to hit 99 would get 10,000 Gold, no 2nd or 3rd place prize.

So the question is, would you be interested in a short Challenge Ladder?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Norp

Yes

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Player

Awesome. I will add some suggestions since you opened the door xD
    1. More mobs in Plagueland
    2. More mobs in T3 Tomb Map
    3. Decrease cool down on sorc Orbs, Meteor and Thunderstorm
    4. Increase phys damage on Pal and Nec (+smite, summoner)

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Norp

make sigons set gg early <3

Gold
    Annihilus Account: drhughez

I agree with this and love it. Also, if there can be something along the lines of better chances of drops from monsters or bosses considering the crazy short term we have here. For the time frame, I feel as if that will be fitting.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: ssmsdb

Def sounds cool, I assume the current ladder toons will still default to the Legacy server but will the toons created in the mini ladder also go to the Legacy server or will they be deleted upon ladder reset.

Administrator
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: acyroma

Quote Originally Posted by Killingtime View Post
    Def sounds cool, I assume the current ladder toons will still default to the Legacy server but will the toons created in the mini ladder also go to the Legacy server or will they be deleted upon ladder reset.
    They would all go to the legacy server.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lucid8

higher standart magic find % and im definitly in for the new season !

Making the game harder is a good point, if theres at least some sort of make up in the end. Also higher magic find helps casually playing ppl to get at least somewhat geared in that short amount of time

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Fitsu

Increase on certain drop rates to imo, then i'd be down for it but the likes of 1/500, 1/1000 drop rates burnt me out so wouldn't really want to go through that again especially in such a short ladder.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Gothix

Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    Increase on certain drop rates to imo, then i'd be down for it but the likes of 1/500, 1/1000 drop rates burnt me out so wouldn't really want to go through that again especially in such a short ladder.
    This is pretty much the only way that I would even consider participating in a shortened ladder season.

User Tag List