Thread: Glide 3dfx question

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Slammish

Glide 3dfx question

How do I enable it? Vidtest doesn't turn it on and there's no way to add -3dfx to the shortcut because annihilus launcher isn't the exe and doesn't run from a shortcut.

For specificity's sake, and to eliminate any confusion, I run d2vidtest in compatibility for windows 7 (because that's the only way it runs), and select 3dfx from there. I'm using a copied d2 folder from 1.13 and it gets onto annihilus server just fine.

I've played several hours and every time I log out, or restart(which implies logging out), I have to use the installer all over again. Probably not normal, don't know how much it has to do with 3dfx not running.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Slammish

I think it was a permissions issue, because my diablo 2 copy folder is on my 2nd drive, and windows has 2nd drives set to administrator access only by default. I just changed permissions to allow all for usergroup Users and annihilus actually updated, which would explain the error "Unable to identify version" when trying to connect.
    I still can't get any indicators to show up that i'm actually in glide(FPS in the top left, captured mouse in windowed mode still doesn't work) but the video does look a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Slammish View Post
    I think it was a permissions issue, because my diablo 2 copy folder is on my 2nd drive, and windows has 2nd drives set to administrator access only by default. I just changed permissions to allow all for usergroup Users and annihilus actually updated, which would explain the error "Unable to identify version" when trying to connect.
    I still can't get any indicators to show up that i'm actually in glide(FPS in the top left, captured mouse in windowed mode still doesn't work) but the video does look a lot better.
    As of right now Glide doesn't work too well with our mod, so we don't really recommend using it. You'll likely have some crashes / fps drops, we do plan on improving graphics performance drastically in the future though!

User Tag List