Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need input on tournament rules

Administrator
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: acyroma

Need input on tournament rules

So pretty soon we're going to start doing tournaments. I've got a list of rules from d2jsp that look decent, ive changed them slightly to work better for a 1v1 tournament here. Looking for input if anything should be changed for these rules to be tailored specifically to annihilus, or if there's anything obvious missing from them.

We will do 2v2+ tournaments as well, I just want to start with 1v1 for now.

General Rules:

- No hack of any kind.
    - Players must be off each others map before either player says 'Go'.
    - Both players must say 'Go' to begin the round.
    - No Traps / Missiles / Curses / Attacks of any kind may be casted prior to both players saying 'Go'.
    - Blood Moor should be cleared before any duel starts. If not, any monster attacks, curses or mana potion dropped from them will be part of the battle.
    - Duels take place in Blood Moor in hell difficulty.
    - Duels are first to three wins.
    - Once the round begins, any player who enters Rogue Encampment, Cold Plains or Den of Evil (accidental or not) is disqualified from the round.
    - Mana potions are the only potions allowed.
    - Ties are null and the score stay the same as it was before the round started.
    - Shrines and wells aren't allowed. If a player accidentally clicks on a shrine or a well, he is disqualified from the round.
    - Mercenaries are not allowed.
    - You may stack Mana/Arrows in the moor only if both teams agree otherwise this may not be done.
    - Refusal to show gear, weapon swap and inventory will result in a disqualification.
    - Refusal to do any appropriate tests if a player suspect you to use one or many hacks will result in a disqualification.
    - Prebuffing is not allowed unless items used stay in the inventory of the player who used them. (Having a cube in your inventory is allowed).
    - Items which contain spell charges are allowed, but the use of the charges is not.
    - Extended use of houses (stay more than 5 seconds in a house) will result in a disqualification.
    - Spamming messages to annoy other players is not allowed.
    - Using long messages over your head (!message) once a round is started will result in a disqualification.
    - Maximum Life Replenish is 40 (53 for Barbarians).
    - Each player can use one timeout of 5 minutes between two rounds (this may happen only once).
    - Sorceress may not use more than 10 bmanas (70-15 small charms).
    - No immunity glitching.
    - Players can't use more than one poison charm in their inventory.
    - If a player has spectators in game, the other player has the right to force them to leave the game.
    - Rejoining the game after dying to get anya resistances is allowed.
    - If the game lags out during a duel, the round is nulled and the score stay the same as it was before the round started.
    - If a player disconnect once a round is started, it counts as a death.
    - Excessive talking, racism or smack talk can lead to your team being disqualified.

Resistance and Absorb Rules:

Lightning:
    - Maximum lightning resistance is 85%. (80% for dual claw assassins).
    - Maximum lightning absorb is 20%.
    - Any player using lightning absorb can't have more than 80% lightning resistance (75% for dual claw assassins).
    - Energy Shield Sorceress may not use lightning absorb or have more than 75% maximum lightning resistance.

Fire:
    - Maximum fire resistance is 85% (90% for necromancers/amazons and 80% for dual claw assassins).
    - Maximum fire absorb is 20%.
    - Any player using fire absorb can't have more than 80% fire resistance (75% for dual claw assassins).
    - Rising Sun counts as 20% fire absorb.
    - Energy Shield Sorceress may not use fire absorb or have more than 75% maximum fire resistance.

Cold:
    - If your total cold resistance > 250, Maximum cold resistance is 85% (80% for dual claw assassins).
    - If your total cold resistance > 250, maximum cold absorb is 20%.
    - If your total cold resistance < 250, maximum cold absorb is 40%.
    - Any player using cold absorb can't have more than 80% cold resistance if his total cold resistance > 250 (75% for dual claw assassins).
    - Blackoak Shield Luna counts as 20% cold absorb.
    - Energy Shield Sorceress may not use cold absorb or have more than 75% maximum cold resistance.

Poison:
    - There is no maximum resistance limit.

Damage and Magic Damage:
    - There is no maximum resistance, absorb or reduction limit.

Banned Skills:

- Holy Bolt
    - Prayer
    - Cleansing
    - Meditation
    - Holy Fire
    - Holy Shock
    - Resist Fire
    - Resist Cold
    - Resist Lightning
    - Salvation
    - Redemption
    - Raise Skeleton
    - Raise Skeletal Mage
    - Revive
    - Iron Golem
    - Fire Golem
    - Poison Explosion
    - Poison Nova
    - Corpse Explosion
    - Bone Wall
    - Bone Prison is banned versus amazons only (If a player cast bone prison on an amazon, he is disqualified from the round and he must go to Rogue Encampment immediately and sit there until the round ends.). Other Characters who choose to duel without teleport versus necromancer can be bone prisoned.
    - Iron Maiden
    - Life Tap
    - Carrion Vine
    - Solar Creeper
    - Frozen Orb

Gold
    Annihilus Account: fred

no tokens allowed he run to cp and back like noob

Gold
    Annihilus Account: freeda_khala

Quote Originally Posted by southheaven View Post
    no tokens allowed he run to cp and back like noob
    lol this kids trying to eliminate his only competition (he knows token rekts him)
    mad cuz of my professional level of nking i guess

p.s. lets get married ok

Administrator
    Gold

anything else?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: sine25

i will not duel because of this rule:

Items which contain spell charges are allowed, but the use of the charges is not.

way too restrictive if i cant use what i have found

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Moose

Quote Originally Posted by sine25 View Post
    i will not duel because of this rule:

Items which contain spell charges are allowed, but the use of the charges is not.

way too restrictive if i cant use what i have found
    Bone prison + iron maiden charges, or combos of the sort restrict this. It only makes sense not to allow something so silly.

Administrator
    Gold

You're still allowed to use the items, just not the charges on the items.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Alch

If it's a Mediated tournament, as we all know Spectating can be useful here.

So as for the charges not being allowed, I can see the reasoning just fine however feel it would be better necessary to compile a specific list of the skill charges not allowed on certain char types.

Is it more work? yes.

Does it enhance dueling experience, making it more intense? well, yes of course!

Just my input

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Moose

Quote Originally Posted by Alch View Post
    If it's a Mediated tournament, as we all know Spectating can be useful here.

So as for the charges not being allowed, I can see the reasoning just fine however feel it would be better necessary to compile a specific list of the skill charges not allowed on certain char types.

Is it more work? yes.

Does it enhance dueling experience, making it more intense? well, yes of course!

Just my input
    I could see the possibility, nice input.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: 5slicplaya

You might want to post Slow bugging on there as well.. I.E example. BvA, double slow bug GA zon with atma's for amp. the barb is helpless.

User Tag List