Thread: CD-ROM drive error

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Empa12

CD-ROM drive error

ok, it says "Diablo 2 failed to run. Please make sure your Diablo 2 Expansion Disc is in your CD-ROM drive, then click on 'Retry'."

But the problem is that I have bought D2 + LoD from battlenet shop and doesnt have the CD :/ Does anyone know can i get this work without the CD?

Thx for the help!

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Sinsaine

Sounds like you're missing d2xmusic.mpq and d2xvideo.mpq from the LoD cd.

Also, are you fully patched to 1.13?

If needed, I could send you my files, or you could find an ISO and mount the image for LoD.

Quote Originally Posted by empa12 View Post
    ok, it says "Diablo 2 failed to run. Please make sure your Diablo 2 Expansion Disc is in your CD-ROM drive, then click on 'Retry'."

But the problem is that I have bought D2 + LoD from battlenet shop and doesnt have the CD :/ Does anyone know can i get this work without the CD?

Thx for the help!
    If you bought them from the battle.net shop, try logging into a public realm like East first before installing Annihilus at all and make sure it updates your Diablo II all of the way to 1.13d. After its fully up to date and you can sign on on normal servers, make a new folder and copy all of your Diablo II folder into it, then install Annihilus in that new folder.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Empa12

thx, i think i got this work.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: hitch_hiker

Quote Originally Posted by Sinsaine View Post
    Sounds like you're missing d2xmusic.mpq and d2xvideo.mpq from the LoD cd.

Also, are you fully patched to 1.13?

If needed, I could send you my files, or you could find an ISO and mount the image for LoD.
    so i just tried install this and i get same message as he did. i bought from webstore.
    i copied folder and installed annihilus in that folder. the other folder i then upgraded to 1.14d

so i got annihilus in this 1.12 copied folder now and i cant start cuz need those files. what do i do?

Gold

I CANT BELIEVE U EXPECT US TO HAVE CDS 2016 XD OMG ROAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!
    if i had a 12 year old cd it prolly be broken firekrakers by now or eaten by a ESKIMO . GET IT!

3 hours wasted on installing this xd

Gold

and i did try your fullinstaller the first thing i did, and win8 just saying its corrupted. i did it 2 times the first thing i did.

Gold

Sorry for the language.
    I did inactivate "DES" , this made it possible for me to start the game in singleplayer . but when i log in now for annihilus multiplayer, i get to LOD europe , difference is menu is still annihilus. help please

User Tag List