Thread: Runeword Boost

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Grand_Master

Runeword Boost

Give boost to 1.10 and 1.11 Rune Words also replace mod extra gold from monster to something else. Maybe mf points, life, +damage, %enhanced damage on lvl, new skill on strike, etc. I haven't check other rune word except Edge Rune Word and it doesn't have reduce vendor price mod (obviously) but no other mod that replacing it.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lucid8

Thats a lot of work as you probably guessing. Its not just, that rebalancing is sort of changing only a single code line but also a good idea for something working AND (the most difficcult part) balancing those new stats and skills... And balancing doesnt mean only pvm but also pvp.

Aside that alex is already working on the next patch. Most likely alone or with token and those guys cast out more patches in less time than the whole diablo 3 crew...

For sure it would be nice to have new cool stats and runewords everywhere but its just no possible :'D

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
    Thats a lot of work as you probably guessing. Its not just, that rebalancing is sort of changing only a single code line but also a good idea for something working AND (the most difficcult part) balancing those new stats and skills... And balancing doesnt mean only pvm but also pvp.

Aside that alex is already working on the next patch. Most likely alone or with token and those guys cast out more patches in less time than the whole diablo 3 crew...

For sure it would be nice to have new cool stats and runewords everywhere but its just no possible :'D
    Haha, just a minor correction, token has nothing to do with the patches

As for the original post, I would like to revisit some of the weaker Runewords one day. It is on the to-do list, I don't know how quick I will get to it though! There are things much higher on the priority list.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: schiggy
    Snake Champion!

Atm runewords are interim items here 'till you get your new endgame uniques. Some of them do still have some use, although I agree most of them have been replaced by simply better options.

The hard thing is to balance them though and don't create a stat stick, as they like to call it. I mean Enigma for instance, besides TP obviously, had str and mf. You don't need either of these stats now on a 2 hr runeword anymore, because cow set for skills/tp/mf/stats and str in general from basically every other slot item that got boosted. So you see this applies for other runewords as well. Until you get your cow set it's fine but after that, there is no reason to use enigma anymore, it doesn't have drawbacks if you switch to cow set.

Old runewords that can be kind of useful here still in my opinion:

- cta
    - infinity
    - dream ( this has a comeback now )
    - all new runewords or adjusted ones
    - white in a good base
    - delirium
    - chaos in a good base
    - exile
    - phoenix (hipster rw, looks cool, might have a comeback with -28% fire res, redemptionis chill, but khalims hope has lvl 30 redemption now)
    - lawbringer (since azure got changed this is the gg source for sanctuary. But you dont have cs runners for baals here, so you dont really need it. Still of some unique use)

Maybe 1 or 2 more but these can be still good for it's use.

Ofc there are new runewords or buffed ones and they are fantastic. Like the new Silence.

Here are some that got a bit lost imo:

- Lionheart
    - Stone (just too many other options like odium on merc, guardian, templars, kaalut)
    - memory (there is a unique that gives +8 or smth already, you can easily add king jewels, but you dont really need to prebuff es here because you have more skill points in general)
    - wealth (you dont find gold here)
    - bramble ( kaalut armor...)
    - botd (too many good and better new 1h uniques)
    - CoH (tyraels is gg)
    - doom( ok it has holy freeze along and maybe has a comeback with the -60% enemy cold res, but you have to good uniques, for sorc too)
    - duress ( got absolutely replaced by guardian. Ofc its good for interim and cheap option, but no long time build like it was if you needed that rare CB stat on armor)
    - HoTo (yea it has still 3 skills for a 1h and could be of some use for that and oak charges. But the rest of the stats are weak compared to Silence for example, Silence has only +2 skills but massive fhr, fcr, 75@ etc...)
    - Brand ( Hi FF)
    - Dragon (well light auradin is just too gg to consider other builds)
    - Faith(yep its hard to argue this one, can be of some use on a1 merc, for selfuse its worthless and if you want fana on merc you can go with cthulu wep on a2 merc)
    - Fortitude ( too many good armors for merc, weapon is weak and not worth to do)
    - Grief (it can have +400 dmg. If you get a GG roll you might use it, but overall check El'druin or Frostmourne in forum. Fm is also easy to get)
    - Harmony (it has been cool, until plaguebringer came. Gives vigor too)
    - insight ( this one has been crucial in d2 for so long. But all mana reg is buffed here. Maybe some use after a ladder reset for maybe 1 day, but then you really dont need it)
    - Last Wish( well i mean lt fade and might aura sounds good, maybe someone uses it, but with 5hrs and the stuff you can get a lot cheaper, you will probably merely see it)
    - oath/Obedience ( meh check the stats just not worth to do compared to the other items here. lvl 21 ench... you can get lvl 15 or smth with demonlimb to prebuff already, which is affected by +skills)
    - Pride (Ok this one you could argue as well because lvl 20 conc is possible. I would always pick the new runeword for helm (Focus) over it. For merc too)
    - Spirit (Crucial in vanilla bnet. Pretty useless here, maybe after reset for like 1 week. The fcr it can have was the point mostly, you get like 30 fcr with 2 os from bulwark already. XER and TOR give fcr when socketed too..emblem is gg)

All the other rws I left out are obviously too weak statwise compared to easy to find items here.
    Don't get me wrong you can use all here, might be good till you get something better, but there are so many better things that makes consider them as endgame items pointless.

New runewords or buffed ones are great though, didn't mention them here.

e:typos

e2: I forgot to mention that the buffed set items are a big competition for runewords too.
    Last edited by Dante; 02-19-2016 at 03:58 AM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Grand_Master

Yep! I hope rune words could be on the same level as cow set and new uniques

User Tag List