Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rare/Craft only PvP league

Gold
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: saesarandomd2
    Annihilus Account: saesa

Rare/Craft only PvP league

Hi. As many of you know, as of today there are only very few guys who open duel games or ocassionally duel. Reason is simple. Items and new skills improve more and more to fit more difficult content while hit points and other critical pvp stats of our chars remains on vanilla rates. Older members of Annihilus are tired of one or two hit wonders spells, cowboy style "who hits first wins match" pvping.
    So we decided to offer to all annihilus player new way of competetive duelling - maybe it is too early to compete yet but I believe it is a good step towards funny and challenging pvp.

Simply grab and ID all new rare stuff you got under your legs. And build char from scratch only with rare and craft items.
    Next sunday (April 10th) we would like to run some mildly restricted tournament to see whether rare only characters can work. That means you have time to get your rares ready.

So items are clear. Only other item than rare/craft/magic allowed is Call to Arms runeword.
    Jewels - magical, rare and rainbow facets only
    Runes - allowed
    Inventory - Book of Abyss, Primes and Alkor banned
    No enchants
    Max resistance cap = 85
    Last edited by saesa; 04-09-2016 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by imbanieuser View Post
    asasin has no damage at all. thats it. need remake new powerfull skill.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Mephisto

Sounds good, im in!

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Memories

I'm in.

This is a really good idea, will bring even more variety to the game. I hope this takes off! Although I feel not allowing enchants is kind of random, they add customization but don't really make anything overpowered.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lampogriz

i'll try!

Gold

Okok more and more guys coming and participating. So this sunday we will do some test duels with everybody's rare chars to see how it plays. So far we are slightly optimistic about results.

see you in blood moor(btw enchants, even weaker one, have huge impact, dont bluff urself}

Quote Originally Posted by saesa View Post
    Okok more and more guys coming and participating. So this sunday we will do some test duels with everybody's rare chars to see how it plays. So far we are slightly optimistic about results.

see you in blood moor(btw enchants, even weaker one, have huge impact, dont bluff urself}
    That's fine, make whatever rules you like. I think you're just being too lazy to enchant gear though It's no different than getting things to put in sockets.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: aolin

enchants are 100x harder to find than socketables, personally i think using them on a dueling only character would be a waste given how expensive some enchants are. it would also make a big gap between the rich players who can afford full enchants and those who cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by aolin View Post
    enchants are 100x harder to find than socketables, personally i think using them on a dueling only character would be a waste given how expensive some enchants are. it would also make a big gap between the rich players who can afford full enchants and those who cannot.
    I was just talking to Joe about this. Rich vs poor can apply to just about anything, not just enchants. Banning items that are completely findable by anyone without doing any of the hard endgame extra content is kind of absurd, skill grand charms with life should be banned in that case if that is the reasoning, because not everyone can afford them. Really good rares should be banned too because it is REALLY hard to get perfect rolls on rares but if you do you'll be much stronger than others!

It'd be one thing if you could only get enchantments from like, level 20 crucible or something, but literally a quill rat can drop them. Like I said, whoever is running this event can make whatever rules they want since it is not officially hosted by Annihilus, but I think it is kind of dumb.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    That's fine, make whatever rules you like. I think you're just being too lazy to enchant gear though It's no different than getting things to put in sockets.

I think you can imagine Joe is rich enough to get any enchants he wants, he has fully enchanted all chars. Its not unfair to say hes there with richest guys on realm easily. Now I spent more time than anyone doing cows and plagues here and would be very surprised if I don't have more than hundred of enchants on mules.

Also given how Joe mf's all day longs its hard to believe he's lazy to get through enchant routine.

No, it is really just we want to keep simple and enchants are major help... it even destroy itemization. If rares were made in different manner, maybe you could go and let people use some low level chants to boost themselves.
    But now we get to point two - which is thats exactly why this rare thing was made. We want to tone down characters. Without giving other players an outrage that they cant use what they so long farmed for.
    And again simple - because I have spent more than decade playing on highly restrictive leagues and I know it takes big determination to play in such condition.
    Annihilus is obviously pvm so there is not to be expected guys who want to involve in pvp are happy if they see chart of things they can or cannot use.

This is not about rich or poor. Anyone can play this because it just takes to find 10 items and some inventory. I mean consider it low budget. Giving advantage to poor because rich have to keep pace with them.

Still I think it is better to play duels than just sit on channel because you already conquered everything. Without pvp support d2 is useless old trash game tho.

User Tag List