- 1 Attributes
- 2 Combat
All characters have access to 4 basic attributes that you can put stat points in. Every time you level up you gain 5 stat points, and the Lam esen's tome quest reward in act 3 gives you 5 additional stat points per difficulty. This totals up to 505 stat points at level 99 with all 3 stat quests completed.
- Strength allows you to equip higher tiers of weapons and armor.
- You gain 25% of your strength as % increased physical damage.
- You gain a bonus to your % weapon damage modifier for certain weapons, based on your strength.
- Dexterity allows you to equip higher tiers of weapons, such as bows and daggers.
- Dexterity increases your chance to block if you are using a shield.
- You gain 25% of your dexterity as % critical strike damage.
- You gain a bonus to your % weapon damage modifier for certain weapons, based on your dexterity.
Vitality gives you additional life. The amount differs per class, and are as follows:
- Amazons gain 7 life per point in vitality.
- Assassins gain 7 life per point in vitality.
- Barbarians gain 8 life per point in vitality.
- Druids gain 6 life per point in vitality.
- Necromancers gain 6 life per point in vitality.
- Paladins gain 7 life per point in vitality.
- Sorceresses gain 6 life per point in vitality.
You also gain 20% of your vitality as % faster hit recovery.
Energy gives you additional mana. The amount differs per class, and are as follows:
- Amazons gain 2 mana per point in energy.
- Assassins gain 2 mana per point in energy.
- Barbarians gain 1 mana per point in energy.
- Druids gain 3 mana per point in energy.
- Necromancers gain 3 mana per point in energy.
- Paladins gain 2 mana per point in energy.
- Sorceresses gain 3 mana per point in energy.
You also gain 25% of your energy as % elemental damage, and you gain a bonus to your weapon damage % modifier for certain weapons, based on your energy.
There are 2 main types of damage, elemental and physical. They have multiple different sub-types however.
- Fire damage
- Burn damage allows 75% of the fire damage you deal from any attack to be dealt to the enemy every second for 5 seconds as life degeneration.
- Cold damage, which can chill enemies, slowing their movement speed and attack speed relative to their chill effectiveness.
- Lightning damage
- Magic damage
- Poison damage, which is dealt as life degeneration over 2 seconds
- Fire damage
- Bleed, which deals 75% of the physical damage that caused the bleed every second for 5 seconds as life degeneration.
There are various different things that affect your damage, including:
- Damage increased by x%
- Physical damage %
- Added physical damage to weapon attacks
- Weapon damage %, which includes your bonus from Strength, Dexterity or Energy
- Added weapon damage
- Elemental damage %
- Added elemental damage (fire, cold, etc) to weapon attacks
- Execution Damage %, adding damage if an enemy is below 35% life
- Critical Damage %, all characters start at 50% increased damage from critical hits.
- Added skill damage
- Your weapon's base damage
- If the skill you are using is a weapon based skill or not
- Bleed chance
So, the steps for calculating weapon damage skills is as follows:
- Take your base weapon damage and add your added weapon damage.
- Multiply that by your total % physical damage (stat bonus, %weapon damage and %physical damage all added together)
- Add your flat phys damage multiplied by your %physical damage, and flat elemental damage multiplied by your %elemental damage
- Add the skill damage
- Factor in the %weapon damage modifier on your skill
- Factor in your damage multiplier (crit damage, damage % and execution damage added together)
As an example, let us say that your base weapon damage is 5, and you have +10 added weapon damage. You have 20% physical damage and +30 physical damage. You are gaining 30% damage from your stat bonus, and have 50% weapon damage. As well, 20% elemental damage and +35 fire damage. You are using level 6 combustion, which adds 36 fire damage and has a weapon damage modifier of 100%. Your chance to crit is 100%, and you deal base damage on a critical strike (50% added damage). You have 20% damage increase, and 30% execution damage. You have 100% chance to bleed. The enemy we are attacking has zero resistances, no debuffs and is at 20% of their life.
First, we take the 5 base weapon damage and add the 10 added weapon damage to get 15 damage.
Then, we will add together your 30% stat bonus, 50% weapon damage and 20% physical damage, totaling 100%, and multiply our damage by 100%, giving us 30 damage.
Next, we will add the 30 added physical damage increased by our 20% physical damage, giving us 36, and resulting in 66 damage so far.
Next, we will add the 35 fire damage increased by our 20% elemental damage, giving us 42, resulting in 108 damage so far, 66 physical and 42 fire.
Next, we will add our 36 skill damage increased by our 20% elemental damage, giving us 43 damage, resulting in 151 damage so far, 66 physical and 85 fire.
Next, we will factor in our skill's weapon damage modifier, which is 100%, meaning there is no change. Still at 151 damage.
Lastly, we will factor in our 50% critical damage, 20% total damage and 30% execution damage, being 100%, doubling our damage to 302, 132 physical and 170 fire.
We will also deal 75% of our physical damage every second for 5 seconds after the initial hit, being 99.
So we will deal 302 damage to the monster instantly, 132 physical and 170 fire, and 99 damage each second for 5 seconds given these circumstances.
Staggering Blow lowers the enemy's Physical Resistance by 10% and Attack Speed by 20% for 5 seconds. There is an overlay to indicate when an enemy is staggered.
Other forms of Sustain
Defense reduces the amount of physical damage you receive, capped at 75%. The formula is as follows:
Physical damage % reduced = (75 * Defense / (Attacker's Level * 500))
So, for example, if your defense is 10,000, and the attacker's level is 82 we would:
1) Multiply defense by 75: 75 * 10,000 = 750,000
2) Multiply the attacker's level by 500: 82 * 500 = 41,000
3) Divide 750,000 by 41,000 to get 18
In this example, you would receive 18% reduced physical damage.
Other forms of Mitigation
- All summons receive the following stats from their summoner
- Increased Physical / Elemental / Total damage
- Execution Damage
- Increased Critical Strike Chance
- Increased Critical Strike Damage
- Pierce Enemy Resistances
- All summons gain additional life per skill point spent in them, this life gain also increases with character level
- Summon resistances vary by case and the exact resistance is stated in the tooltip. They do not get the difficulty resistance penalty but it can be lowered/increased by enemy curses / friendly auras
- All summons have no AI delay, and thus fully scale with increased attack speed
- Defense from auras / outside bonuses (like Defiance from a Paladin) does increase their physical resistance
- Summons receive almost all of their statistics when casted, and will keep them for as long as they're alive even if you switch weapons.
- This includes +skills, %summon life/damage, crit chance and damage, %phys/ele/total damage, execution damage and -enemy resistances. (In the case of +skills, if you would fall below the treshold needed for an additional summon or summons; the extra ones will die).
- The one exception is the damage bonus from weapon, this is checked every time the summon attacks an enemy rather than when it is casted. This bonus is simply equal to the displayed damage on weapon. (So a 25% weapon damage summon with a 100 - 200 damage weapon will gain +25 - 50 base damage on hit)
- This means it is possible to have a caster weapon with +skills, summon stats, crit, %phys, etc; and a high damage weapon on switch.