Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tips for Future HC players. Also, my 87 bowa rip'd via Server Lagg :(

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Thor

Post Tips for Future HC players. Also, my 87 bowa rip'd via Server Lagg :(

I am not too sure what could be causing the game server to lagg spike out of nowhere, but my 87 bowa has been nuked due to it. Firstly, we all know the game server has it's issues, to the point of dropping entirely. I've adapted to this, believe me when I tell you I have. I play extremely safe and always run my screen in the highest resolution so I can simply shoot enemies off screen. I expect lag spikes to happen randomly and have been for obviously the past 87 levels on my bowa and that's how I've been able to survive. I run a full-belt of rejuvs no matter what. There's times that I've been wacked with a lagg spike and gone down to half life and been able to survive due to having rejuvs.

I lost a lot of gear that took me many grueling hours to accumulate. Including the MF charms I saved gold for a very long time to get. I've helped out all the hardcore players I've come across so far (even though there's very few of us unfortunately) including the one and only LocKziLLa lol. Now the fact is, I was killed because of an issue that is well out of my hands and that's the server's netcode (is my guess.) The same issues happen on softcore as well, so the issues aren't just on HC.

Simplified tips for future HC players:

-Run the game in the biggest resolution possible.
    -Always have a belt full of rejuvs.
    -Stay away from almost all endgame content unless you're geared to the teeth.
    -Always have a merc with you. Act 3 lightning merc has static field. (helped me a lot)
    -Expect lag. Until we can all figure out what is causing the server lag, always be prepared.
    -Use a class and build that you know you're comfortable and confident in.
    -Stack Faster Run/Walk charms. I can not tell you how important it is for you to have these. There has been times where the game has lagged, and I've clicked away and been able to survive because I can simply avoid the damage during the lagg.

There's probably more but these at least have kept me alive.

Ironically, this is the first time I've ever received a lag spike in the Catacombs. Which is why I've been running it so often. I opened up the door to kill andariel, game lagged and I was killed by zombies, (that i've killed hundreds of times before) right inside the door.

@Game Snowish told me to post here, so I am. Figured I would make it constructive. He also told me it's important to have a screen shot with proof and the time/date...thankfully I took the screen shot.

http://imgur.com/a/zp42f
    Last edited by Lockzilla; 03-09-2017 at 11:07 AM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Mephisto

Im sorry to see this bro

Gold

Well I am pretty confident Game (I am sorry I don't know his real name) will resurrect my character. Should I die a fair death, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Unfortunately the issue being the server is well out of my hands and I shouldn't have to pay for it. It's a fairly severe technical problem and I am hoping it can be solved. I'd like my character back and I am probably going to switch over to softcore once my character is returned until the netcode/server bugs become resolved.
    Last edited by Thor; 03-09-2017 at 10:02 AM.

Gold

I dont think Alex ( @Game ) will restore ur char, ur not the first person who died due to lag. Once a char has died there is no way to restore it, ive been told. Sorry once again!

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    I dont think Alex ( Game ) will restore ur char, ur not the first person who died due to lag. Once a char has died there is no way to restore it, im sorry
    You open the character up in a character editor and uncheck the box that says dead. And if I am not the only one who has died to lag, how come the lag still exists and why hasn't it been fixed? Not to sound like a mean prick or anything, but should I be treated by admins by about their own server killing people, and you not reimbursing the player because of excuses, I can easily go and play the other 10 thousand different mods and 10 million different video games that currently exist. The fact is, whatever server you's are hosting this Diablo 2 mod on, are poor quality and your players are paying the price because of it. You don't tell your population this that and the other thing about why you can't bring their characters back. Your team is fully aware of the server issues, therefore until you fix them, anybody who has been killed on HC due to lag (with proof might I add. I added the screen shot) absolutely has to be reimbursed. I mean that is if you actually care about your population and players.

Gold

Once a char has died there is no way to restore it, ive been told.
    Is that what you've been telling people who have lost their characters due to your servers? Do you understand how unbelievably unprofessional that is? Look, if you's are actually taking this mod serious, you're going to fix your communication with your players. Otherwise, prepare to end up empty just like all other games/d2 mods lol.

Gold

Like I said, Im only telling u what I know, I will leave the rest to @Game or @acyroma. I made a 99 on here before on hardcore and trust me I know how you feel. I mean lets say u die on battle.net due to lag, will u get ur character refunded? I doubt it. Once again, lets wait for Andy or Alex to read this, and see what they say.

Gold

Like I said, Im only telling u what I know, I will leave the rest to @Game or @acyroma. I made a 99 on here before on hardcore and trust me I know how you feel. I mean lets say u die on battle.net due to lag, will u get ur character refunded? I doubt it. Once again, lets wait for Andy or Alex to read this, and see what they say.
    Fair enough.

Gold
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: lockzilla89
    Annihilus Account: Lockzilla

It was me who you helped with gear, not DrLukifer. Thanks again Thor! And im very sorry to hear that you died. I did the same on my HC barbarian. It was those dolls when they explode. Was no where near them, yet they killed me somehow.
    Watch me Stream Events and End Game Content
    https://www.twitch.tv/lockzilla89

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Lockzilla View Post
    It was me who you helped with gear, not DrLukifer. Thanks again Thor! And im very sorry to hear that you died. I did the same on my HC barbarian. It was those dolls when they explode. Was no where near them, yet they killed me somehow.
    I absolutely apologize for that. D: I get names mixed up >< Also, I don't mind dying legitimately to be honest. It's happen to me plenty of times. This is why I am putting up such a fuss about this death. It was unfair and illegitimate...I am not trying to start trouble with anybody here. I am simply defending the fact that I just got royally screwed over...and by what I've been told, so have many others. The problem I am seeing now, is let's say Alex does give me character back...who's to say I don't get lag spiked again, right? I mean hardcore needs to be working properly, especially on the server-side of things....otherwise it shouldn't be an option to make a character as Hardcore. I think my death has shined light on a relatively serious problem and in a sense, Annihilus is keeping D2 alive for a lot of people. But should core issues not be fixed, it will simply be left in the dust as most other mods, private servers and games are. Not only that, but LAN support needs to be a core part of the game. Let's say I don't want to play online and prefer to just play locally...the option isn't there to do so, which could ultimately lead to future players quitting. I've been here for awhile now. Dedicated both in-game and quite literally voting every single day. I want this server to stay alive but there absolutely has to be cooperation between players and administrators.

User Tag List