Thread: idea for crow druid

Gold
    Annihilus Account: naptologist

idea for crow druid

Hello, I'm new to the Anni server but I was a d2 veteran back in the day, enjoying the new ladder and game so far. I created a crow build druid and it's really fun and I had an idea that may or may not have already been discussed or submitted, I'm at work right now so I didn't really get a chance to look but anyways here goes...

I would like the crow summon skills to be reworked in terms of summoning. What I mean by this is that I can summon 15 crows and that is one of my main damage dealers, so since the new ladder I don't have a ton of fancy items so death happens a lot. When I die and I'm in a pit run or cow game, I want to get back into the action asap to not miss out on experience and/or loot. But I have to spend a lot of time getting all my summons back up so I can still retain survivability and damage. By the time I finish getting summons back up, everyone is already several screens ahead or completed the run (pits etc) I have compensated for this by just getting oak sage and bear up then running into the tp and summon crows n wolves while running but you also constantly stop to summon and lose traction of the run in progress still.

OK so that was my explanation of why I bring up the suggestion, so the tldr actual suggestion is below.

The game could store your max summon amount of ravens when you enter (for example 15) then maybe instead of summoning one at a time you could summon several in intervals (I think 15 at once could change the dynamic of the skill so people would summon them directly on monsters or other players in pvp or maybe not idk) so maybe if you can summon 15 crows, the game will let you summon 5 crows at a time so you only have to do crow summons 3 times which would save you time so you can continue back into the run without too much downtime.

It's not a big issue or anything but something that I believe many us crow druids would really be happy with if possible.

If not then no big deal I'll just keep grinding til I barely ever die lol

Quote Originally Posted by naptologist View Post
    Hello, I'm new to the Anni server but I was a d2 veteran back in the day, enjoying the new ladder and game so far. I created a crow build druid and it's really fun and I had an idea that may or may not have already been discussed or submitted, I'm at work right now so I didn't really get a chance to look but anyways here goes...

I would like the crow summon skills to be reworked in terms of summoning. What I mean by this is that I can summon 15 crows and that is one of my main damage dealers, so since the new ladder I don't have a ton of fancy items so death happens a lot. When I die and I'm in a pit run or cow game, I want to get back into the action asap to not miss out on experience and/or loot. But I have to spend a lot of time getting all my summons back up so I can still retain survivability and damage. By the time I finish getting summons back up, everyone is already several screens ahead or completed the run (pits etc) I have compensated for this by just getting oak sage and bear up then running into the tp and summon crows n wolves while running but you also constantly stop to summon and lose traction of the run in progress still.

OK so that was my explanation of why I bring up the suggestion, so the tldr actual suggestion is below.

The game could store your max summon amount of ravens when you enter (for example 15) then maybe instead of summoning one at a time you could summon several in intervals (I think 15 at once could change the dynamic of the skill so people would summon them directly on monsters or other players in pvp or maybe not idk) so maybe if you can summon 15 crows, the game will let you summon 5 crows at a time so you only have to do crow summons 3 times which would save you time so you can continue back into the run without too much downtime.

It's not a big issue or anything but something that I believe many us crow druids would really be happy with if possible.

If not then no big deal I'll just keep grinding til I barely ever die lol
    It's a great idea, but unfortunately the D2 Engine doesn't support multiple summons at once

Gold

Aw yeah I thought that might be an obstacle. Hmm, would it be possible to make a "crow summon" aura that autosummons crows to max amount?

Quote Originally Posted by naptologist View Post
    Aw yeah I thought that might be an obstacle. Hmm, would it be possible to make a "crow summon" aura that autosummons crows to max amount?
    Haha, unfortunately not

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    Haha, unfortunately not
    Ah oh well. Either way thanks for providing me with the nostalgia that is d2 along with some fresh content. You da real mvp

Gold
    Annihilus Account: diablor

Welcome to life as a summoner class lol. Necros arguably have it worse because they have more summons and need corpses for archers. At least with crow druid, you eventually become the tankiest spec on the server. So once you have items, you shouldn't die very often.

User Tag List