Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Berserk feels a little underwhelming?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Fitsu

Berserk feels a little underwhelming?

I was looking forward to moving into this ability from war cry, expecting it to out perform cry on ST due to it being well.. Single target.

I got basically a fully kitted out character, 2x khalims rage.. -230% enemy magic resist, max IAS Breakpoint, lv 64 berserk. So naturally I was expecting to wreck and the damage output was really quite low... I'm not sure if there's any plans to tweak this ability because in it's current state I really can't see any reason to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    I was looking forward to moving into this ability from war cry, expecting it to out perform cry on ST due to it being well.. Single target.

I got basically a fully kitted out character, 2x khalims rage.. -230% enemy magic resist, max IAS Breakpoint, lv 64 berserk. So naturally I was expecting to wreck and the damage output was really quite low... I'm not sure if there's any plans to tweak this ability because in it's current state I really can't see any reason to use it.
    Berserk may be hitting damage cap as well with the magic portion of the damage, only applying the 1% physical along with other CTCs. We're looking into it!

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    Berserk may be hitting damage cap as well with the magic portion of the damage, only applying the 1% physical along with other CTCs. We're looking into it!
    I don't think this is the case, as with WC when u hit the damage cap you actually get -xx damage in your stats and do no damage.

Berserk didn't do this, it had something like (I can't 100% remember this) 12k - 72k dmg and still dealt damage to enemies (more than it would, if it were only the 1%), it was just underwhelming.

I don't think this is the case, as with WC when u hit the damage cap you actually get -xx damage in your stats and do no damage.

Berserk didn't do this, it had something like (I can't 100% remember this) 12k - 72k dmg and still dealt damage to enemies (more than it would, if it were only the 1%), it was just underwhelming.
    Character sheet lies, I am almost certain you were breaking damage cap!

Gold

Character sheet lies, I am almost certain you were breaking damage cap!
    Hmm fair enough, so is the cap to do with magic damage meaning that effectively until this is fixed (and I understand it's hardcoded and thus not simple) zerk will just be not viable as at best it'll only be able to hit as hard as cry does?

I guess with the natures fix my dmg will be down a little.. I think I can make a cry build work without pushing past 87k .

Hmm fair enough, so is the cap to do with magic damage meaning that effectively until this is fixed (and I understand it's hardcoded and thus not simple) zerk will just be not viable as at best it'll only be able to hit as hard as cry does?

I guess with the natures fix my dmg will be down a little.. I think I can make a cry build work without pushing past 87k .
    Yes unfortunately I don't think berserk can be built around as the primary skill, but it works quite nice as a secondary vs physical immunes!

Gold

Yes unfortunately I don't think berserk can be built around as the primary skill, but it works quite nice as a secondary vs physical immunes!
    Would there be no possible for simply creating a work around as apposed to trying to fix the issue with a magic cap? Like making the attacks deal a % of the enemies hp as magic or have some sort of built in CtC that would allow you to lower it's damage ratios but keep the same amount of damage output?

Would there be no possible for simply creating a work around as apposed to trying to fix the issue with a magic cap? Like making the attacks deal a % of the enemies hp as magic or have some sort of built in CtC that would allow you to lower it's damage ratios but keep the same amount of damage output?
    I wish it was that easy, but unfortunately it isn't, especially on an attack that doesn't have missiles.

Gold

I wish it was that easy, but unfortunately it isn't, especially on an attack that doesn't have missiles.
    You couldn't add say an extra effect like.. I dunno make it war cry also spawns hammers and gains a point every other point. I.E. a lv 60 war cry would have lv 30 hammers then reduce the ratio of war cry? So like instead of doing 80k cry damage and breaking the dmg cap you would do 60k cry dmg and 20k hammer. Still 80k dmg, but just split to make it work?

I dunno, I don't have much of a clue on coding.. So prob a dumb idea, just spitballing ^^.

You couldn't add say an extra effect like.. I dunno make it war cry also spawns hammers and gains a point every other point. I.E. a lv 60 war cry would have lv 30 hammers then reduce the ratio of war cry? So like instead of doing 80k cry damage and breaking the dmg cap you would do 60k cry dmg and 20k hammer. Still 80k dmg, but just split to make it work?

I dunno, I don't have much of a clue on coding.. So prob a dumb idea, just spitballing ^^.
    Yeah I cannot really do anything like that, I am just going to focus on hopefully getting the damage cap increased. Sorry to everyone who's hitting the cap in the meantime

User Tag List