Quote Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
Ehmm. A serverreset hurts new guys more than rich guys o.O

No free sets to get newbs started.

The rich will just play up golemancer + java and making the endgameareas after a week or two.

While newb maybe found full mav in between, our 15-20 pros have their thunderfurys again and selling good stuff for tons of hrs to those newbs.

= after a month or two, we are exactly where we are now...

Just my opinion...
The fact that to use 2 characters to farm something.. is saying something. Plus, that would take hours and hours of people doing that to get where we are now in just 1-2 months. Basically any class besides Zon Necro or Pally are useless as shit. There's no point in making them... I'm not going to lie, I feel like the "grind' to "end game" is boring and not fun. The monsters have so much health, you're wasting 90% of your time just waiting for things to die. I've got plenty of characters, tried mutlple things. Nothing can compare to a holy shock zealer. NOTHING, it's simply retarded. Plus, all the bosses have so much health and damage. It's impossible for even end game characters to not die. What's the fun in that? Dying 20-30 times for a boss kill? It's like a lottery.. "Maybe I'll kill him before he 1 shots me". Every time you'd die, you'd have to precast and make another portal. It's annoying and old. I mean, if you have plenty of time to waste sitting here watching something with 1m hp when you do 20k DPS... That's going to take awhile. This game takes no strategy anymore.. There's 2-3 builds that rise above EVERYTHING ELSE, and if we try to play something different we're wasting time. Or we can all just sit here with Pally and Necro with a BO barb in another window. It's not how d2 is meant to be played.. It's like the only custom content is for people who want to waste shitloads of time to get ahead. As far as I can see it, the items suck. Yeah, there's plenty of stuff that's good. But the end game ones, don't get you anywhere. Just saying this because I feel like, the server is ran by rich kids who have everything. Because they wanted to waste time on it. New players will eventually end up quitting, because they see the time and effort needed to actually have fun. I've tried playing this, the farming is so much worse than old school LoD, it's annoying and boring. You die a lot and you have to wait and wait and wait.. iirc d2 wasn't a waiting game. But go ahead, act like it is all okay lol... Farming is possible yeah it is. But, the ways you have to farm... Are just simply boring and inefficient. Something needs decreased and something needs increased. It just isn't balanced right at all. We need new items for other classes that are comparable. Maybe lower class items that are comparable too. Switching an item shouldn't bring you from 20k damage to 90k just saying... One item.