Thread: Endgame difficulty curve.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: jamesop

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
    Its still a mod, with only one person working on it.

And the ladder reset like requested wont change a thing, like i already said.

I personally find it very good as it is. Maybe its just not meant, to solo all endgameareas without dying?!

Also there are some more classes that can tank, like valkyrie ama or summonerdrood. But like at the zealers inba'ness, the golemancer is far ahead in tanking.
    To nerf or buff the classes into a balanced state is never really possible.
    You would have to balance pvp to pvm and every class at the same level... Not even big programming teams are able to do that. How could Game do?
    And I know.. He does an amazing job. He is very talented and I totally respect him. But there's too big of a gap. You can sit here and tell me reason why, but it's not going to change in game. There is a problem, and if the player base doesn't say anything about it maybe he'll never know. I'm not saying nerf or buff classes. Just simply introduce better items. A ladder reset and a new vamp of easier ubers and possible farming area would do this server a lot of good. Something has to be there for the new players that got from level 1-90 in an hour. They don't have gear, what do they do? Quit. Simple as that, they see all these GODLY players and don't have that amount of time. An area with decent life and decent damage, with nice drops would be nice. But something with a shitty drop rate already and the things take a year to kill for a new player. Why would they invest time here? Seems like, the richer get richer kind of deal. And what do rich people do mostly? Some will help, but most will take advantage of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    There will allways be superior classes, look at the original diablo. Hammerdin rings a bell?
    Hammerdin was the only thing that was used, in here u can use so many more classes!
    Im still using a smiter, and it wont die, even for new content, where i see those light zealers die quite some times.
    Hammerdin was superior for boss killing and botting. That was about it, so many other thing outclassed him in every other way. so many other builds that shine.. Light Sorc? Java Zon? Cold Sorc? Summon necro? So many things were useful on reg d2. Atleast, I could play a trap sin lol. Smiters have no fucking damage lol... Even with 100% crushing blow, you're still sitting there for a year. Well, unless you have every end item in the game already like you. Then yeah, it wouldn't be hard to not die. Getting there in the first place is the challenge for new players. Plus very time consuming.
    Last edited by James; 04-05-2016 at 08:59 AM.

User Tag List