View Poll Results: When Do You Think The Ladder Should reset?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Now!

15 31.25%
  • 1 Week

5 10.42%
  • 1 Month

6 12.50%
  • 3 Months

14 29.17%
  • 1 Year

6 12.50%
  • Neva

2 4.17%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: When do you think the ladder reset should be?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: vaudeville

Quote Originally Posted by LordManhammer View Post
    I think we should lower all of the drops rates and remove any guaranteed drop rate. We should also remove all of the new stats on items introduced into this mod. While we're at it, why not remove all of the new zones as well. It's just too darn easy to farm them for good gear. Then we could make it so that the only gear that any toon is allowed to use is the gear issued to new players when they create a character. That and Wirt's leg. Then we can all band together in group's of 40+ toons and farm the Den of Evil!!! I like it.
    ...and you guys thought I had a problem with the drop rates.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by val View Post
    You see, you all guys are not paying attention. Everyone is talking that after 1 weeks it will be the same.... No it wont!! Clearly you all are not thinking for the grow of the server. There are just no more new players.... just none and if there are some exeptions they dont last for a long time.... You see now (even with the lower drop rate) is really hard to trade some mid items you know why???? cuz there are now new players so they worth a shit....As i said previously in the other threads evetually you will end up playing the same 20 guys who have everything. What i`m trying to tell you is that after the new patch (significant changes in the drop rate) the new players are suffering a huge handicap and sorry but its not fair (and i understand your pain - clearly you dont want the ladder reset cuz you will feel the same... cow armor after 4 runs hahaha please maybe after 100 for one piece) If you want the server to survive and even grow you have to change something and the first one is server reset. I know thats its hard to percieve it but thats what should happend.... and the fast you realize that the better. I just dont see new guys to te server.... NONE! And thats devastating.. i dont know do you really understand that.
    I agree only on the first part. It is a flat out fantasy to believe that things will be as they are now after 1 week of a reset with the drop rates as they are. Complete and utter nonsense unless

1) Everyone (and I mean everyone) is willing to participate after the reset (which is utterly optimistic if not flat out simply imagining things);

2) People play like mad within the first week (also unlikely for the vast majority);

3) People are willing to sacrifice/trade all items for particular characters/builds they don't want in favor of items they want for the characters/builds they prefer. I'm sure this will be the case for older players, but the newer ones may hesitate a bit on this;

4) I think you're also assuming everyone will do softcore or hardcore (either case doesn't really matter). I trust the majority will do the former after a reset, but some will do the latter thus slowing things potentially down in general;

5) Everyone gave one person everything thus at least making it such that one person will be at around the same level as those already geared to the max. Did I mention the word fantasy before?
    Last edited by vaudeville; 04-12-2016 at 06:26 PM.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    Wow even August is still quite far away guys.. Isn't regular d2 servers being reset every 6 months?!
    This isn't a regular D2 server, so why would you bring that up? If we had far more people or (yes I will say it again) drop rates were tweaked, then yeah maybe it should be that often, but neither are the case.
    Last edited by vaudeville; 04-12-2016 at 06:24 PM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: crew

The markets not destroyed because people don't join its because people get praised for giving away items and people like myself get flamed for trying to keep some sort of market alive...

also i agree with anyers and lampo on the blue box deal / dreamland.. i think these should be the droprates..
    cthulhu items 1:600
    pbox 1:125
    bulwark 1:500
    purrys 1:750
    kaalut (poison damage should have gfg boost imo) 1:500
    acid inject 1:500
    sha (this needs to be buffed too an eth sha should be best zeal wep) 1:500
    valusia (this needs buff too maybe 65% snake spawn rate +1 skill) 1:500
    othu eye 1:750
    lich 1:750
    knars 1:250

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    Yeah thats why i think 10 months is perrfect for this server
    psh didnt get we get 2 full cow sets each within 2 weeks and lvl 99 around then too?
    Quote Originally Posted by nooV View Post
    these guys refuse to play on the chars they signed up
    tweak rules to their favor
    what happens in this case do they get disqualified?

dont feed the gators

Quote Originally Posted by vaudeville View Post
    I agree only on the first part. It is a flat out fantasy to believe that things will be as they are now after 1 week of a reset with the drop rates as they are. Complete and utter nonsense unless

1) Everyone (and I mean everyone) is willing to participate after the reset (which is utterly optimistic if not flat out simply imagining things);

2) People play like mad within the first week (also unlikely for the vast majority);

3) People are willing to sacrifice/trade all items for particular characters/builds they don't want in favor of items they want for the characters/builds they prefer. I'm sure this will be the case for older players, but the newer ones may hesitate a bit on this;

4) I think you're also assuming everyone will do softcore or hardcore (either case doesn't really matter). I trust the majority will do the former after a reset, but some will do the latter thus slowing things potentially down in general;

5) Everyone gave one person everything thus at least making it such that one person will be at around the same level as those already geared to the max. Did I mention the word fantasy before?
    I've been running servers a long time man. The server will 100% be more active after ladder resets. People will also play for longer timespans. This is proven.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    The markets not destroyed because people don't join its because people get praised for giving away items and people like myself get flamed for trying to keep some sort of market alive...

also i agree with anyers and lampo on the blue box deal / dreamland.. i think these should be the droprates..
    cthulhu items 1:600
    pbox 1:125
    bulwark 1:500
    purrys 1:750
    kaalut (poison damage should have gfg boost imo) 1:500
    acid inject 1:500
    sha (this needs to be buffed too an eth sha should be best zeal wep) 1:500
    valusia (this needs buff too maybe 65% snake spawn rate +1 skill) 1:500
    othu eye 1:750
    lich 1:750
    knars 1:250

psh didnt get we get 2 full cow sets each within 2 weeks and lvl 99 around then too?
    Drop rates for certain items may change, I agree Dreamlands is a cool place with awesome items, and they should hold value. This is something to visit for sure. Although the top tier group of the server may have gotten a cow set fairly quick last season, cow set is by far the only end game now So it will be hard to be "done" this upcoming season.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    Drop rates for certain items may change, I agree Dreamlands is a cool place with awesome items, and they should hold value. This is something to visit for sure. Although the top tier group of the server may have gotten a cow set fairly quick last season, cow set is by far the only end game now So it will be hard to be "done" this upcoming season.
    i think i found how to solve all that in one gunna post in suggestions

dont feed the gators

Gold

In that case Game, if I'm around by the time of the reset, then I'll make you a wager this won't be the case WITHIN the first week of the reset (again the statement was essentially saying that people who participate in the reset will pretty much have the same items and the same amount of such then as they do now).

At best, only a handful will have 1 cow set within the first week which would still be less than what the handful of veterans in the server now have (maybe 5% of those during the first week of the reset). I think I'll put my wager at no more than 1000 gold, again based on what the statement claimed based on things now.
    Last edited by vaudeville; 04-12-2016 at 08:34 PM.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by vaudeville View Post
    In that case Game, if I'm around by the reset, then I'd like to make a wager this won't be the case WITHIN the first week of the reset (again the statement was things now will be the same as they will be one week after a reset).

At best, only a handful will have 1 cow set within the first week which would still be less than what the handful of veterans in the server now have. I'll put the wager at no more than 1000 gold.
    1 week is too fast

dont feed the gators

Gold
    Annihilus Account: qtp

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    Yes but there is absolutely no PvM content on regular servers
    +1 .. for exemple i join this server for pvm NOT for pvp

User Tag List